Chapter 4

Star Crossed
Please log in to read the full chapter

January 2014 New Year + Mark's Birthday

(I won't use Mark's real birthday for the story purposes)

 

It's been exactly two weeks since that day happened and it's now December 31. Mark's birthday.

I don't know but I have this feeling of giving him something for his day.

 

I went to the mall and bought that shirt he wanted to buy but unfortunately, it has no size of him. Luckily, when I went to the store, there were stocks of his size.

 

My problem is, I don't know how to give it to him given the fact that it's New Year's Eve tonight and we are busy preparing for it.

 

"Haejin. Help your brother prepare the salad." My mom said from the kitchen.

 

"Coming mom!" I replied.

 

*Mark Calling...*

 

"Happy birthday!" I greeted him as I accepted his call.

 

"Thank you Haejin." He replied casually. "Are you kind of busy today?"

 

"Uhhh. Unfortunately yes." I said a matter-of-factly.

 

"Ohh. I see. I was thinking of inviting for my birthday celebration but I guess you can't make it." He said sadly.

 

I got excited because of the fact that he wanted me to be with him today.

 

"What time and where?" I asked trying to keep my cool but I know inside me, I'm so excited.

 

"Around 2pm, I guess? and in the nearby restaurant." He said.

 

"Ohh. Okay. I'll try to t

Please log in to read the full chapter