One

Dazed and Confused

Hyejin laid on the floor, trying to catch her breath. It was close to 1am and she was still trying to make up for the time loss when she decided she wanted to join her parents to Jeju for a short getaway. There was nobody around – she wasn’t sure where everyone was but she knew Loco and Jaebom were having the auditions for Show Me the Money today. Her phone rang at that time and she groaned, it was too far for her to reach out for it.

*Handsome Jiho*

“Yah oppa! Did you change your name again in my phone?!” Hyejin screeched as soon as she answered the call.

“Wae? It’s cool right?”

“Urghhhh! What is it?”

“Come have dinner. We’re done with the auditions”

“Jinjja? Did you kick out Jaewon and Andup? Hahaha”

“YOU’RE ON SPEAKER YOU BRAT” Hyejin heard Jaewon shouting in the background.

“Oopsie. Hahaha. Where are you guys anyway?”

“Gary hyung’s restaurant”

“Be there in an hour”

“Boyaa why would you take an hour?”

“I need to shower. Bye see you later!”

Hyejin got up and quickly headed to the showers. She thanked heavens she thought of bringing extra clothes because usually if she practiced till late, she would head home straight to shower. Drying her hair always took up the most time that’s why she said in one hour. Days like these she wished she had short hair so it would be faster. Maybe she should really consider visiting the salon.

Finally getting in the car, Hyejin smelled like roses and she smiled. The scent always made her feel happy. Zico was not a very patient person sometimes, just when she was about to drive off, he called again.

“I’m driving off now!” Hyejin the speaker.

“Bobby and Hanbin wants to come along. Could you go fetch them?”

“And they didn’t bother to call – Oh. Five missed calls. Arasso, I’ll pick them up”

“Don’t get lost!”

“Shut up! Bye!”

Scrolling through her call logs, she re-dialled Hanbin’s number. “Mianhe!” She said as soon as he answered.

“Noona odisseo?”

“Leaving the studio. Are you guys at your dorm or YG?”

“Our dorm. We were just about to take a cab to your place”

“Gwenchana. I’ll see you guys in 15 aight? Wait for me at the lobby”

“Drive safe noona”

An hour and thirty minutes later finally Hyejin came through the door with Bobby and Hanbin on each side. Hanbin saw Tablo grilling meat and headed straight for the table while Bobby joined Dok2’s table. Hyejin looked around for Jaebom but Zico’s blonde hair stood out more and he was waving exasperatedly.

“How was Jeju kid?” Quiett asked from across the table.

“Refreshing! But now Oppa is making me practice even harder” Hyejin said unhappily.

“Yah! Even with nobody pushing you, you would do the same” Jaebom came from the back and knocked her head.

“Owwww!”

Jaebom smiled slyly then took the seat next to her and began cutting up meat and placing it on her plate. How much Jaebom bullies Hyejin, he fusses over her just as much. It was a heartwarming sight actually.

“So how was the audition – Daebak. Is that Song Mino?” Hyejin exclaimed, her eyes growing wide. “Oppa, did he audition as well? I read articles on that but I wasn’t sure if it was true”

“Yeah. Zico hyung judged him” Jaewon nodded.

“That’s Hugeboy”

“Ahhh, the one you’re always talking about. I see… He’s cute though”

“Aren’t you and Jaewon dating?” Beenzino who happened to hear their conversation asked.

Both Hyejin and Jaewon choked while drinking and shook their heads furiously. The rest of the table laughed, it was fun teasing the “twins”. Hyejin got up and decided to join Tablo’s table instead and realized a little too late Mino was at the same table. She kind of froze and kept on eating, all conversations flying past her.

“Hyejin ah! You’re eating too fast” Tablo snapped his fingers.

“Ah ne! Mianhe”

“Noona, this is Mino hyung…” Hanbin spoke up. Mino flashed a smile while Hyejin just nodded, smiling faintly.

“Park Hyejin right? Heard lots of great things about you”

Hyejin only nodded. Bobby found it a little off seeing her being shy. She was not a shy person, she’s a social butterfly. She wasn’t even scared when YG spoke to her. Or when GDragon praised her. But now looking at it, Mino was just a year older and she seemed extremely shy. Aw, does she have a crush on him or something?

“Hyung is single by the way” Bobby blurted out.

“Yah kimbab!”

“Mwo?”

“Awkward~~” Tablo and Jinusean laughed.

“Noona’s single too. But everyone thinks Jaewon and her are dating” Bobby continued, looking at Mino.

“O… Kay?”

Mino seemed nonchalant on the surface but in truth he was a little embarrassed by Bobby’s action. He was curious about Hyejin, seeing how his hyungs and dongsaengs always talk about her and she’s constantly on the news..

“Oh Hyejin ah you’re back?” Gary patted her back.

“Ne oppa. Please tell Jong Kook oppa don’t kill me. I’ll be back at the gym soon enough”

“Aish this kid. Don’t worry. He always goes soft on you”

“Whoa noona you can take Jong Kook hyung’s training?” Bobby looked at her in awe.

“It’s not that bad. He goes soft on me remember? Hehe”

How was your audition? – I

Mino flinched a little reading the message then replied it quickly and got up, walking out the store indicating to Bobby he was going for a smoke. Beenzino and Zico followed suit and Hyejin’s eyes followed them.

“Are you sure he’s single?” Hyejin asked Bobby.

“Last I heard, yes”

“He has a crazy ex lurking behind then” She folded her arms and leaned back against the chair.

“Where did you get that idea?” Tablo asked.

“Gut feeling” She shrugged. “I’ll go see 1llionaire oppas now. And… They all headed out so smoke. Okay I’m joining them bye!”

“Noona’s weird”

“Maybe she has a crush on Mino”

“Nahh. Jaewon and her are meant to be haha. Or Hanbin” Bobby laughed.

@kang_gary8888 posted:

Restaurant full with the crew! #hiphopfamily

@hyejinpark posted:

Wefie with Double B because I miss these kiddos! #iKON #aomg #bobbywhereareyoureyes #hanbinyournose

@woozico0914 posted:
(Instavid Hyejin and Jaewon arguing over meat)

Yay they’re fighting again! #meatlovers 

When Hyejin stepped out, the oppas were finishing up their cigarettes and heading back in, leaving Mino, who was on the phone, with her. She contemplated on going back in but figured it would look a little too obvious she was avoiding him so she stayed. Hyejin watched him pace back and forth, talking and muttering and nodding his head.

“Girl problems?” Hyejin asked when Mino hung up.

“Mw-mwo? Ah… Something like that”

“Girls are strange creatures huh? Never know what’s on their mind”

“That’s refreshing, to hear that from a girl”

“I’ve seen enough lovers’ spat” She shrugged. “It will pass, whatever you’re going through. But I’m telling you, never ever hold on if it’s just for pity or… I don’t know. Something like that”

“Hanbin’s right, you always seem to know what to say” Mino chuckled and it made Hyejin feel a little warm on the inside. She’s had crushes before but this, she couldn’t really explain.

“Or like Bobby would say, I’m a little too nosy”

“All girls are I think”

“Boyaaa~ Hahaha. So are you going to tell me who’s your girlfriend?” Hyejin asked cheekily. Her eyes twinkled and her dimple deepened even more, it made Mino’s heart skip a little. It’s been so long since he last felt that.

“Just because I talk to a girl doesn’t mean she’s my girlfriend right?”

“True! You should come hang out with us more… Is Zico oppa keeping you in a dungeon as well? Hahaha”

“Haha, maybe I will… Will you be expecting me?”

“Maybe” Hyejin winked.

And from that day onwards, Mino was always there. Was it due to SMTM filming or because he was always looking forward to see Hyejin, he couldn’t tell. All he knew was Hyejin made him feel happy and he plans to keep it like this for as long as he could.