I: He's Dead?

☄mystique (everything is Unexpected)

 

November 25, 2009, 11:01pm

So Eul POV

The rough, icy hands clenched around my wrists behind my back, holding me back. I could see the other girls struggling to escape their , but the men were too strong. Elise was trying to bite the man holding her, but eventually gave up and whimpered. Their bodies were limp and exhausted, but their eyes were burning with anger and bitterness.

“Do you give up now?” A hoarse voice boomed into my ear. “There’s no point fighting back, dear. Just tell us where your pretty little boss is, and we’ll let you off easy. Deal?”

I grunted and spit on his face. “Never.”

His devious smirk was instantly replaced with an enraged expression. “You’re really in it for now.”

Bastard. Dream on, ‘cause we have backup.

Who were supposed to be here approximately a minute and 12 seconds ago.

He kept one hand attached to both my wrists while he grabbed a club with the other. “Say goodbye, precious.” He raised the weapon over my head. The other girls screeched and withered around. “NO!” Hye Su shrieked, tears sliding down her fragile face.

Where the crap were they?

Right before he could crack my skull open, the rusty metal doors busted open, and 6 well-built guys rolled in. They pointed their guns at the men surrounding the girls. “Let them go.” The tall, muscular boy who I guessed was Minsoo, aka CAP, boomed threateningly.

I could see Jihae sigh with relief at the sight of Teen Top. Someone else, however, was even happier to see them. “OPPAAAA!” Iseul squealed. The blonde haired boy, Chunji, perked up at the sound of her voice. As soon as he turned around, though, he stiffened at the sight of another man holding her. Without consent from the leader, he shot the man dead in the temples. Iseul squeaked as she felt her wrists loosened from the man’s heavy grip as he fell to the floor, lifeless. She looked up at her lover and smiled. “Chunji,” she gushed. He softened at the sight of his adorable girlfriend and smiled back.

Puppy love. Ew.

“LEE CHANHEE!” CAP snapped. “What the f—“

He couldn’t even finish cursing when the man holding me back hurled the club at him. CAP ducked and barked, “Get them!” The 5 other Teen Top members began throwing punches and shooting bullets everywhere. The rest of the girls wrestled away from the men and began hitting them as well. I elbowed the man behind me and spin-kicked the other men’s feet. They tripped and the Teen Top members socked them until they were out. The rapid breathing of the spies was the only things heard.

“C-Chunji oppa,” Iseul mused in between her breaths. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah,” he turned to her. “But are you?”

“Yep! I’m fine! Perfectly fine, in fact. And it’s ALLLLL BECAUSE OF YOUUU!!!” she threw her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. He laughed and hugged her back. “I love you~”

“Aish, you two,” Changjo and Elise rolled their eyes. CAP groaned. “The things you do when you’re in love...”

Suddenly, my phone beeped and vibrated. I pulled it out of my pocket and answered. “Hello?”

“Claude. Are you all okay? Did Teen Top come in time? Is anyone dead? Not Kel, right?” A woman’s worried voice screeched through the phone. I rolled my eyes. It was our personal boss, Shin Ryul, from MYSTERY, our spy center.

“Neh, Ryul-ssi. We are all okay.”

She exhaled in relief. “Good. I’m sending reinforcements to pick you all up in about 10 minutes. Just stay there and pick up your phone when they call.” She hung up. I closed my phone and turned to the 12 eyes on me, waiting for me to answer them. “They’re coming soon. Just stay put.” They nodded and resumed talking amongst each other.

I turned it off and slipped the phone back into my pocket and sighed. Ryul does care for all of us, don’t get me wrong, but there’s something about her and Elise that makes me wonder if she actually has a preference out of all of us. Like one day, we came back from defeating these random thugs, and Jihae broke a rib while Elise scraped her knee. Ryul was freaked out by both but was more concerned about the latter. (her excuse? “She could have gotten rabies!” Oh really?) Maybe it’s just because she’s the maknae and all, but I still wonder what else is there...

Someone tapped my shoulder. “Noona.”

I snapped out of my daze and spun around. L.Joe was right behind me, looking at me with his small (but still adorable) eyes. “Hey L.Joe.”

“Are you okay? Sorry we were late. Ricky got hungry and you know how he is when he’s like that...” he murmured.

I snickered. “It’s fine. You were really lucky, though. I almost got my head cracked open.”

His eyes widened in horror. “WHAT? Really? Aish, I’m so sorry! I swear next time we’ll just leave him there starving so you won’t almost get ki—“

“It’s fine,” I chuckled at L.Joe’s scared face. “We’re your sunbaes; you shouldn’t be so concerned about us.”

“Well then, fine,” he muttered. Suddenly, Ricky snatched something out of L.Joe’s pockets. It was a chocolate bar. He ran off, but not before L.Joe hollered, “You glutton!” and chased him around.

Kids. They’ll never grow up.

I rolled my eyes and turned around, but not before I ran into something at my feet. I turned my gaze downwards and saw Cheon Eun, who was sitting down with her knees hugged to her chest and her eyes staring afar. Her phone was out in front of her. “Yah.” I nudged her. “What are you doing here all by yourself?”

She glanced back at me slowly, then quickly looked down. “I’m just tired, unnie.” But I could hear the hesitance in her voice.

I rolled my eyes and turned around, but not before I ran into something at my feet. I turned my gaze downwards and saw Cheon Eun, who was sitting down with her knees hugged to her chest and her eyes staring afar. Her phone was out in front of her. “Yah.” I nudged her. “What are you doing here all by yourself?”

She glanced back at me slowly, then quickly looked down. “I’m just tired, unnie.” But I could hear the hesitance in her voice.

“Cheon Eun.” I sat down to her level and faced her. “What's wrong?”

"N-nothing!" she piped up a little too fast. "I'm...I'm fine."

Something was definitely up. "I'm your leader. I know you better than that. Now tell me, what's going on?"

She focused her gaze at the phone in front of her. "I-I got a message from our boss."

That was weird. Usually, she'd text me first since I'm the one in charge. "And?"

“...well, s-she said-“ she croaked. Then she burst into tears and buried her face in her arms. The others stopped talking and whirled around, facing the sobbing girl.

“Noona?” Niel bent down and lightly patted her. “What’s wrong?”

She sniffled and slowly met the eyes of the other members. “Appa...” she whispered. Her father was the one in charge of all of us. The CEO of MYSTERY, you could say.

“What about him?” I asked.

“He’s...he’s...he’s dead.” Cheon Eun croaked the last word before gasping and falling backwards.

“Noona!” Niel shrieked. He caught her and shook her, but her eyes wouldn’t budge.

“Unnie!” the other 5 girls cried, surrounding their second leader. “Wake up!” The rest of Teen Top began dialing our reinforcements for help.

I, on the other hand, sat there, just plain bewildered. Dead?! What the heck? We had just seen him this morning when he told us our mission for the day. He was in perfect condition before sending us away. It was Thanksgiving weekend! He didn’t have to work so of course he would be happy. He would be able to take the day off and go visit his family in Busan. They lived in a nice countryside home, which was all private and peaceful. Of course he’d be oka—

My breath caught as my thought rewound to the time I visited the Lee’s household. Their home was abandoned, in the middle of acres and acres of farmland. He would have to walk all the way across the land without any security guards or witnesses around. And apparently, the new Woollim spy center was around that area. I remember him ranting about his high school rival and how “that stupid failure of a person” was trying to copy him by running his own underground society, which meant only one thing.

He was murdered. By them.


If this chapter was confusing in every way, shape, or form, comment below and I'll try to explain.

Eeehehehe. I knooooow I said I wouldn't be here...but I can't handle not updating for my lovely readers! Tomorrow I'll be leaving, so I won't be here for a week or so.

So I just realized that each character has three names: their real name, stage name, and spy name. And 3x7=21. So there'll be 21 names that you guys will have to get familar with. Oh dear....took me until now to realize this. Sorry for being soooooooooo slow. And sooooooooooo stupid.

Anyway, here's a table to make things a bit easier. 

Real name: Stage name: Code name:
So Eul Haneul Claude
Cheon Eun Ruby C-Eun
Hye Su Karma Ace
Han Ri Butterfly Han
Ji Hae Jin Hae
Iseul Callie Sul
Elise E.Lie Kel

*benefits of seven members--I get to use rainbow colors :D 

Oh, and Iseul and Chunji are in a relationship. For now ;)

Yipee! Today is a double update because half of this is from the teaser LOL.