(_|_)

Your Name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sunny had her popcorn ready for the movie that she would be watching with her fellow friend. She passed the extra popcorn to her friend, Taeyeon and walked inside the cinema room together. The two friends decided to watch something horror although spooky movies were never their movies. They would get bored easily but the best thing about coming to the cinema and watch horror movies were the audiences. Call it mean but it was entertaining to both of them, watching other people screaming their hearts out. The movie was about to start when a girl walked pass Sunny and Taeyeon’s seats and sat next to Sunny.

 

The lights in the room were switched off and it somehow scared the girl. Sunny instantly tilted her head towards the person when she heard a gasp. She wanted to ask if something wrong with the girl but she quickly shifted her attention to the trailers that started to play on the big screen. There was about five trailers played before the actual movie started and once it started, Taeyeon was already in slumberland at the first part. Sunny only realized this later on when the first jump scare appeared. It got her to laugh uncontrollably in silent at the girl beside her that she wanted to tell Taeyeon. Yet, the friend did not catch the moment as she fell asleep.

 

“Tired?” Sunny whispered to Taeyeon. “You missed something funny!”

 

Taeyeon shook her head as she lightly slapped herself a few times. “Nah, the intro kind of slacked me off. What did I miss?”

 

“Wait for it.” Sunny nudged as she stole a glance at the shaken one on her left side. They continued to watch the movie until another jump scare appeared. Taeyeon sat up straight in immediate when a dolphin-like shriek echoed throughout the cinema. Both Sunny and her burst out laughing in silence when they heard it after getting a shock from it. Noticing the two people were laughing at her sudden outburst, the girl could not help but to smack Sunny in embarrassment.

 

“You think it’s funny?!” The girl yelled as if she wanted to start a commotion.

 

The two friends ceased their laughter together as they watched the angry one glaring at them. Their joyful moment was quickly swallowed with fear once they saw how scary the girl looked. Taeyeon kept on hitting Sunny, whispering to tell the girl that they were sorry. Sunny flashed a smile to the girl as she slowly tried to reach for the girl’s hand.

 

“Hey, we’re sorry. We didn’t mean to laugh at you.” Sunny said, trying her hard to hold her laughter since her thoughts kept replaying the dolphin-like scream. She faked a cough and tried to give a serious face once the scene in the movie quiet down. “But really, if you’re scared, just hold my hand or something. Okay?”

 

The girl looked at Sunny weirdly for a moment. “What’s with the sudden offer? Do you think I’m scared?” She rolled her eyes and looked away from Sunny afterwards. “No thanks.”

 

“Whatever you say.” Sunny mumbled with a grin as she tilted her head to the other side where she continued on to laugh silently with Taeyeon.

 

As the movie goes on, it was getting boring. Taeyeon had her focus on somewhere else while Sunny was staring at the screen with a dull expression. She yawned for the nth time when a short jump scare appeared. The moment she turned her attention to the girl beside her, a smile beamed on her face. The girl was trembling while watching the movie. She was covering half of her face using her hands and would closed her eyes every time there was a scene that scared her. Sunny found it cute that she ended up watching the girl than the movie itself.

 

“Oh my God!” The girl rested her head on Sunny’s shoulder in a quick motion and used her hands to cover her view from the screen. “Please tell me the girl didn’t die!”

 

Sunny watched the gruesome scene on the screen before patting the girl’s hand that she was holding. “I’m sorry to crush your hopes but she died.”

 

“No!” The girl quickly looked at the screen and hid her face again, snuggling on Sunny’s neck all of the sudden. “Ah! Why didn’t you tell me that the monster is still eating her?!”

 

“I thought you weren’t scared.” Sunny said with a grin. When the girl moved away from her, she noticed that she was being greeted with the girl’s terrifying glare again. “W–What?”

 

The sound effect from the movie made the girl to jump and went back on hiding her sight on Sunny’s neck. “Nevermind! I am scared! Really scared!”

 

“See? Isn’t that easy to admit?” Sunny chortled as she placed an arm around the girl and embraced them while comforting them.

 

They stayed in that position until the movie ends. Seems like half of the movie was too horrid for the girl to watch so she stayed in Sunny’s embrace the entire time. What was more embarrassing for the girl was that she kind of wet Sunny’s jacket with her tears when she watched the ending. Once the movie ended and the lights in the cinema was shone again, Sunny noticed that her friend was busy talking with a person who was sitting next to them earlier so she let them be for a while and looked at the girl again.

 

“Did you enjoy the movie? Or did you enjoy hugging me more?” Sunny asked with a teasing smile.

 

The girl was blushing madly besides Sunny but has a sour expression. “Thanks.” She hit the laughing one on the arm. “Oh, and sorry for wetting your jacket.”

 

“At least it’s not drools.” And with that, Sunny got herself another smack on her arm but she just laughed it off. She watched as the girl got out from the cinema without saying anything else before she went back to her friend who was still talking with one another. “Aye, are you ready to go home?”

 

The two people looked at her in unison. Taeyeon cleared as she pulled Sunny further from the girl she was talking with. “Hey, would it be okay for you to go home by yourself?”

 

Sunny arched her brows in confusion as she had a smile on her face when seeing Taeyeon’s cheeks were flushed terribly. “You got yourself a date, eh?”

 

“Isn’t she beautiful? God, I scored it big time!” Taeyeon chirped as she looked behind her to give the person a wink. She sighed dreamily when the girl returned back a wink before a shy giggle. “Damn, the fact that she and I almost shared the same name made me think that we’re meant to be!”

 

“Whoa, nice one!” Sunny patted her friend’s shoulder. “Alright, have fun but take it slow. Remember that, okay? This girl seems perfect for you.”

 

Taeyeon nodded obediently and quickly went back to the girl who was waiting for her. They exited the cinema

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter