Finale

Baby Steps
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Play the song when Jongin started to dance to set the mood. Thanks!

Sorry for any typos or grammatical mistakes. It is un-betaed.


F I N A L E

"Hey," Kyungsoo called out, his voice deep and soft as always. It had never failed to fill warmth in Jongin's heart. The latter nodded and returned the same gesture, his eyes intensely fixated on the shorter male before facing the only source of light in the room again.

 

Kyungsoo did not expect that. Jongin always lashed out at him, thrashing things about and shrieking hysterically during his last visits. The images of the younger one scratching his head in sheer frustration as he kneeled on the cold hard floor in despair like a defeated warrior still burnt in the back of his mind.

 

"It's hard to say. Jongin's case is...just too complex." The man in white lab coat relayed the words as he shook his head in deep worry. Kyungsoo searched for comfort and reassurance in those foreign eyes but none was there, not even one bit. He did not probe further, not because he had no courage but for the fact that he did not have the heart to question anymore. "Thanks," he bowed courteously.

 

"Hyung, I , don't you think? Past, present and even in future, right?" Jongin finally initiated a conversation. He was waiting for an answer, a definite one at that but Kyungsoo just did not have the right one; Jongin knew that very well.

 

The older male kept quiet as he took out three apples, painted in lustrous red, and a kitchen knife. He peeled them carefully, showing off his amazing knife skills to no one; Jongin was not even looking at him. The former watched the olive skin male lean against the glass pane with his slender hands propping his chin, staring aimlessly into distance. The latter had indeed fallen into silence, a long and suffocating one.

 

"Wanna watch Pororo? The CDs are in my bag, just in case..., you know?" Kyungsoo in the end was the one to break it, he always was the one. Awkward and absurd as it might sound for a grown man to be obsessed with the cartoon, Jongin found pleasure indulging himself in the animation for hours on screen. That was long before, however.

 

Jongin let out a low chuckle; he wanted to deny being a die hard fan of the kids show. "The media is starting to bore me. Even if I...you know what I mean, I will still leave a legend for sure. I'm all over the news, isn't it?"

 

He changed the topic,"The famous Hallyu star is crippled and is now no different from a baby who can't even crawl but only know how to bawl. Damn it rhymes! Wonderful, right? SM is probably gonna give me the sack and you will be transferred to Sehun for sure. They had it planned long ago so you don't need to worry about being a street rat like me."

 

That was it. Kyungsoo dropped the knife with a dreadful clang and stood up. Too pessimistic, he must have influenced him with his uncertainty over three years of managing him. The boy was a lively laughing maniac in his trainee days. He had a vision and would not stop rumbling the message into Kyungsoo's ears until the latter screeched at him like a cat being given a bath.

 

Jongin was passionate about his profession, he had this burning aura radiating from him whenever he danced; the movements were fluid and enhanced with indescribable emotions. He made the choreography his own, even to the point where the choreographer had to bow down before him. He was a star, a shining one.

 

"Hyung, I'm a pathetic soul that should have just gone to heaven on that day. No...I mean hell, I should be there. Wrong again, I am there." Within minutes, the male was thrown off onto the ground from the wheelchair that seemed too far to reach out for. He looked up and saw the man; he looked different, too different.

 

Kyungsoo's eyes were glassy and his hands were trembling as his body shivered disgustingly in both rage and disappointment. He was small but his strength should never be underestimated, ever. Jongin glanced up at him for a while with a questioning gaze but faced the concrete as his final decision.

The male was glistening with sweat as his hair appeared like a wet mop, both glossy and damp in ugly glory.

 

The manager took his time to pant profusely as soon he could taste the salty liquid dripping down shamelessly onto his plump heart-shaped lips that the younger used to adore.

 

"Hyung, I hope you won't end up with a girl who has a for lips or you're a goner!" He joked and that made the elder pucker his lips even more. "How adorable!" He added back then.

 

"I am not God but that doesn't mean I can't do anything! You wanna dance again?! Fine, I'll make sure you can! Who the heck needs God anyway!" With that, Jongin was lifted off the ground. Kyungsoo was handling him rather roughly but he did not mind; his legs were damn useless anyway, appallingly numb and lame.

 

They were dead, lifeless pair of limbs with no function but to remind him of the pain when the vehicle crashed into the lamp post, trapping his lower body under the pile of wreckage.

 

They said it was a miracle he made it out alive but Jongin prayed otherwise. Death just should have taken him there and then. Now, he was as miserable as a miser.

 

Hands made their way and cupped tightly around Jongin's well defined cheek bones, the heat seeping into his tanned skin. Do Kyungsoo never cried, at least not in front of someone by the name of Kim Jongin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter