Final

Fireworks Festival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Excuse me…oppss...sorry."

The words that I keep on repeating as I make way thru the sea full of people. I look at the time and there's an hour left before the fireworks starts but most people are here early for them to get a good spot. Looks like I'm gonna have a tough luck since I arrived late because I waited for my best friend who ends up ditch me for a dinner with her boyfriend.

I was still mad at her for not telling me earlier. I know she was having a fight with her boyfriend last night but that doesn't gave her a green light to make me wait for her at the train station for ages. I mean she could have just invited her boyfriend to join us and watch the fireworks. It not the first time I've been their third-wheeled anyway. But then I remembered how nasty their arguments were and Sae Ree is not the type who break her promise and I know how important Baekhyun was to her. I let out a sighs after finally be able to think rationally. I kinda feel guilty for yelling at her. I quickly grab my phone and send her a text message saying I was sorry. It didn't take long for her to reply back at me saying she was sorry too for ditching me. We end up forgive each other and I kinda feel at ease.

After 15 minutes of pushing my way among the couples/husband and wife/sweet ahjushi and ahjuma, I manage to find myself a good spot but it was still crowded with people. Ohh well...it's better than nothing. At the same time, I was hoping that no one will block my view. Suddenly, someone knocked me from behind, causing me to loose balance and I know I'm gonna fall straight on my knees. And that is exactly what happen. I let out a painful groan and tears were flowing down my cheek but I quickly wipe it. The worst part is nobody bothers to help me. They just gave me a look and continue on whatever they are doing. I tried to stand up but I was having a hard time.

As I was struggling to get up, a pair of hands appear in front of me.

"Need help?"

I look up and saw a guy wearing a black beanie. He was smiling at me and for god sake he has the cutest and kindness smile that I've seen in my life. I was staring at him in awe until I forgot that I actually need his help to stand up.

"Thanks." I smiled at him and he grab my hand and help me up but I stumble a bit because my knees were shaking and I can still feel the pain.

"Woah...woah..Take it easy." He told me as he pulled me closed to his body and my head bumped lightly at his chest. Talk about awkward. I frozed for a while, trying to digest what the hell just happen and at the same time something else happen. I felt that he wrapped his arms around my body, bringing me closer to him. He is so warm. Should I do the same to him? Wait...what were you thinking Hana? You don't even know him! I mentally wanna slap myself for having those thoughts.

"Does your knee still hurt?" he whispers gently at my ears with his sweet soothing voice making me flinch a little and suddenly remember about the pain from my knees.

"It doesn't hurt that much now." I said sheepishly as I try to release myself from him but he was still holding me.

"The firework is gonna take about almost 2 hours. With your knees condition, I don't think you're be able to stand that long."

I look at him and he gave me a warm smile that makes me almost melt to the core! And his eye smile...oh my god! My heart suddenly were beating so fast and I could feel that my cheek is burning.

"Then what are you suggesting?" I asked him curiously and at the same time, trying to distract myself from this weird feeling that suddenly started to pop out deep inside me.

"Lean on me."

I almost choked on my saliva. Did he actually say that? He wants me to lean on him? Like for real? I don't even know him. What is he planning to do?

"I'm not a bad person okay. I'm serious when I say that. I mean you're alone right? What if someone tries to do something bad at you? At least I'm around to protect you." he told me as if he could read my mind.

Yeah. With your cute face and that killer smile is enough to kill me already!

"I don't even know your name." I mumble slowly, hoping he didn't hear me but I was wrong.

"Jimin. My name is Jimin." He stretch his hand at me for a handshake.

Okay..I guess he heard me.

"Hana." I held his hand and I feel a rush coming from my stomach. It was a warm fuzzy feeling that I've never felt before. It was supposed to be a normal friendly handshake but why am I feeling...weird? It was something unexplainable.

"The name suits you, Hana."

I wanted to say something but my mind went blank and my voice couldn't come out from my throat either. It's like a scene in the Little Mermaid where Ursula stole Ariel's voice. That's how helpless I feel right now.

From that handshake, Jimin decided to do something else which makes my heart skips a beat. He intertwined his fingers with mine as he shifted closer to me sending shivers down to my spine.

"Jimin...what...are you…doing?" I let out a shaky breath and trying hard to controlling my nervousness at the same time. Sae Ree! Help me! Yeah...as if she could hear me!

"Told ya I'm gonna protect you, remember?" he smiled sweetly at me and GOD my heart almost jumped out of my chest!

BOOM!! BOOM!! BOOM!!

I almost had a heart attack when I heard the loud explosion which indicates that the fireworks festival is getting started. Jimin also startled a bit but he manage to cover up with his adorable smile and I know my knees are getting weaker because there is something about his smile. It's like a sunshine. It gives you that warm feeling and you could never hate that smile.

"Let's watch the fireworks together." He pulled me closer and he wrapped his hands around my shoulder. This time, I decided to shrugged it off and just enjoy the fireworks, ignoring the butterflies in my stomach and the sound of my heart beating almost as loud as the firework explosion.

The sky is now filled with colorful fireworks as more of it were soaring up the sky, creating a beautiful pattern. The crowds were cheering and clapping their hands. Some of them even took pictures with their phones and some of them were using their camera. Well, not to mention kissing their partners too.

"Sae Ree-yah..One day I wish I could watch a firework with someone that I love."

"Me too Hana. Maybe we could watch together."

"That's a good idea. You're my friend and I love you!"

"I hope when you say you love me it means in a friendship way."

"Yahhh Babo! I still have feelings towards a guy okay!"

"Haha! Arasso...arasso…but what if one of us have a boyfriend?"

"Bring along the boyfriend. Then the picture will be completed. Love and friendship."

I smiled to myself as I was reminisce the conversation I had with Sae Ree 3 years ago. That time, it was the last day of our high school and there was a school festival which ended with a fireworks. So whenever I saw a firework, I will always remember the good times and the bad times. But Sae Ree did get her wish. More specifically a boyfriend. She met Baekhyun 2 years ago an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter