Final

Night Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joshua Hong or Hong Jisoo, was the world's most sweetest guy to me, Kang Seulgi. We were friends, just friends though. Our families were close, particularly our parents, they were colleagues at the university they were working at and from that relation, I got to know Jisoo.

The first time I ever saw him was when there was a BBQ house warming, my family and several other families of my parents colleagues were invited. It was a warm, summers night, not so hot and not so cold. I had worn a maxi floral dress and tied my blonde hair up, as per usual. We, the Kang's, were the first ones to arrive, the place we headed to was the Suh's residence. It was a medium sized house, but above average in size, spacious and was very beautiful. I had been to the Suh's place, many, many times so I was familiar with the surroundings. They had a two year old son named Jibin and a pet cat whom I played with most of the time, Jibin was always in his own world, he was a really active boy, always running around so I couldn't really have fun with the kid but got my fun with the cat instead.

It was then, the door opened and a couple came in with a guy coming right behind them, he caught my eye. I stood up with the cat in my arms and bowed to the couple before bowing to the guy, he was very handsome, we had bowed at the same time. He was wearing a white dress shirt that had an abstract design of a bunch of black roses on it and was wearing black pants. He smiled at me and I smiled in return before he scratched the cat's head.

"I know this is rude but ca-"

"Seulgi! Can you put Piru in my room, Joshua's mother here is kinda afraid of cats!" Chaeryung, the house owner said to me. I nodded my head with a smile.

"Yes, that, I was about to say," the guy, Joshua, continued. I changed my gaze to him before shaking my head.

"No, no it's okay, it's not even mine actually, I take care of him though," I smiled and scratched Piru's head. "I'm gonna put him away, excuse me," I bowed once again before walking to where Chaeryung's room was, and I placed Piru quickly in the room then walked back to where I was before but Joshua wasn't there anymore, I saw him outside. A soft sigh escaped my lips before I too, went outside and sat on a vacant spot on a bench, away from everyone but not so far, in the range where I could hear people talking slight.

Among all of my parents' colleagues children, none of them were my age, all of them were younger than me and I think Joshua is close to my age. It was my first time ever seeing him, seeing his parents actually. My question; will I ever be friends with Joshua? And yes, I have developed a small attraction on him.

I looked up and gazed at the stars, they were twinkling, it was a soothing sight to look at. It made me smile.

"Is this seat taken?" I looked away and my gaze now met with Joshua's, even in the dim light, I could see his eyes were sparkling. Joshua had this very charming look on his face, made my heart beat faster.

"No, have a seat if you want," I responded and he sat himself down beside me.

"I'm Hong Jisoo by the way," Joshua turned to me and I looked back at him with a small smile.

"Kang Seulgi," I told him. "Say, I haven't seen you before... I mean, in out group of Engineering-teaching parents,"

Joshua laughed, or should I say, Jisoo. "Yeah, I just go here from the US, a week ago. My parents have been here for as long as your parents though,"

"Really?" I questioned. "Maybe I didn't really notice them... heh," I sheepishly scratched my head. "How old are you?" I looked at him and damn, he was handsome, his hair was coifed perfect upwards, matching what he was wearing, that was dashing.

"I'm nineteen, gonna turn twenty at the end of the year, what about you?"

"Seventeen," and then, I realized, I would never be seeing this dashing nineteen year old guy who also has an English name; Joshua Hong, at school. He was starting university for God's sake! "Are you gonna begin uni?"

"Yeah, after these summer holidays, I got into Seoul University," luckily he wouldn't be seeing his parents, they all worked at Korea University.

"Wow, that's fortunate for you, which course?" Jisoo must be one hell of a smart student to have got into SeoulDae.

"Biotechnology," ok, from that, I now definitely know that he's one hell of a smart guy. A handsome smart guy.

So, like that, we became friends. I didn't call him Oppa though, I didn't want to, I preferred us treating each other like same aged friends. The most saddest thing was that I don't get to seem him as often as I saw my friends at school, but at least I got his number!

-

"He is really, really good looking," I was telling my friend, Minah, about Jisoo. "He's graduated from high school already, he's attending Seoul University now, majoring in Biotech,"

"Wow... you have a crush on a guy who's three years older than you and whom whom you've only met once." Minah said. "What's his name again?"

"Hong Jisoo, he's got and English name as well, Joshua Hong," I sighed out, when will I ever get to see him again?..... "Ah, right! There's gonna be a house warming again, for Chuseok, so maybe he would be there!" I exclaimed to Minah with an excited smile.

-

And on Chuseok, Seulgi got to spend another day with Jisoo. Seulgi and Jisoo talked together and had conversations. Seulgi asking him about how college life was like, and on that day, Jisoo said that his two younger sisters were arriving from LA, telling Seulgi that one of them were fourteen and the other was ten, Hong Jimin or Jamie Hong and Hong Jinah or Janet Hong. On that same day, Seulgi and Jisoo went to the airport together to fetch his sisters.

Because of Jisoo, Seulgi didn't like anyone from her school, there was only Hong Jisoo in the picture.

-

"I have a sister too, actually," I told Jisoo, we were at another person's house, another one of those Engineering-teaching colleagues house warming. I will never get tired of them, especially with Jisoo around.

"Oh, really?" Jisoo was holding a kebab, munching on the meat.

I had a kebab stick as well in my hand. "Yeah, but she's in Daegu, taking care of my grandmother. Drops by once in a while, she might come today actually," I told him. Jisoo's sister, Jimin passed by and I gave her a little wave of my hand, she was my Junior at school.

"That's nice, has she graduated?" Jisoo asked and I nodded with a hum.

"Engaged,"

"You'll be an auntie soon," Jisoo teased, I punched his arm light, the male laughed.

"Hey! I'm still seventeen!" I told him with a slight whine. "But.. yeah, that's true," I smiled. Every tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter