Present for WoodlandSparrow

SHINee Secret Santa 2015
Pairing: Jonghyun and Key
Prompt: Something fluffy with a submissive/innocent Jjong. AU.

Key is the manager at a department store, Jonghyun is the newest hired. They are decorating for the Christmas season.

 

Author’s note: So your original Santa canceled 3 days before the deadline and I was given your prompt last minute. I hope you enjoy it despite the little time I had to work on it. I chose JongKey since you really wanted Jjong and I love Key, haha. I needed last minute inspiration so I visited this awesome twitter page @theshineeing and got an idea for this.

 

“Kim Jjong! Get your over here and help me with these boxes!”

“Sir, I’m a year older.” Said the short blonde man walking over.”

“And your point is?” The feline eyed brunette asked rhetorically, knowing his subordinate was to obedient to continue insisting.

“Nevermind, sir.”

“In the spirit of Christmas, call me Kibum from now on. You should be comfortable with your manager, trust proves better work ethic!” Jonghyun let out a small smile as he picked up the heavy boxes containing various holiday decorations.

“The big man wants us to decorate for the upcoming seasonal sale. You’re in charge of the tree upstairs and the window display scene. I’m gonna change the mannequins’ clothes and poses.” Kibum smiled brightly and skipped away with the bag of sponsored clothing.

“He always leaves the hard stuff to me.” Jonghyun muttered.

 

Although Jonghyun doesn’t like being the subordinate to a man younger than him, he’s able to swallow that pride in exchange to being able to see the gorgeous creature every day. Jonghyun has only been working at SM Fashions for a month, but he has already developed feelings for Kibum. Of course the man’s beautiful face with cupid bow lips and high cheek bones was the first point of attraction, but Jonghyun fell after seeing his passion towards his job, different from Jonghyun who’s here just for the higher wage.

 

Tree decorating was a mess for Jonghyun! The glitter from the ornaments was getting all over his uniform - a brown Kenneth Cole slim style suit. The tinsel kept tangling and his short arms just wouldn’t cooperate in spreading it around the six-foot diameter pine tree. Kibum had instructed that he decorate the tree asymmetrically and with an even amount of ornaments of each color. The only colors allowed were white, silver, gold, and pink. Jonghyun wasn’t sure if the pink was due to the store’s logo, or just a personal favorite of Kibum’s.

 

“Minho, please bring me a ladder and some clips.” The tall coworker appeared with the requested items.

“Need help?” He asked out of politeness.

“Nah man, you’re busy enough tending to the customers alone right now. Thanks for bringing these.” Jonghyun shot the man a wink as they parted ways, and Kibum noticed the interaction curiously.

 

Kibum has been paying special attention to Jonghyun ever since the man was hired. His platinum blonde hair suits him so well, and his defined jaw line makes others mouths drop. The brown in his eyes deep enough for you to fall in and his lips luscious enough to be mistaken for ripe cherries. The first day of work he had walked in with a red leather jacket, a white wife beater, black skinny jeans, and a pair of original Doc Martens. Kibum would have thought he was a model if he were at least a foot taller. The man’s looks were absolutely superb, so of course Kibum showed some interest, but he isn’t manager for no reason. He puts his work first and focuses on the tasks at hand above any personal issues.

 

“How’s it going?” He asked Jonghyun in a playful way, looking up at him high up in the sky.

“All’s good. Just risking my life for the sake of aesthetics.” Kibum couldn’t resist the chuckle that escaped his mouth due to the other’s humor. Jonghyun felt a fuzzy feeling inside seeing the other smile, so he savored the moment just watching him.

 

“I’ll help you.” The skinny brunette grabbed a bag of ornaments and climbed up the ladder, staying two steps below the other. “I’ll pass you the right color for the sequence and you just hand them in a line.”

“You’re aware a tree isn’t perfectly shaped, right? There might be a branch here on this side but not the other.” Kibum rolled his eyes.

“Well you’re gonna try to make it look perfect, alright?”
“Yes sir, Kibum sir.” The blonde one muttered as he continued to hang the delicate balls of glass handed to him.

 

After some time they made their way down low on the ladder, almost done with the tree, when a young customer rushed past them, bumping into Kibum who then dropped the last few ornaments to the ground where they crashed into nothing but numerous shards of glass.

“Taemin, sir, there’s no need to run! We have plenty of Armani coats in your size!” Minho yelled behind the excited young man.

“Rich s can’t even look where they’re going.” Jonghyun complained as he stabilized himself on the ladder. He looked down to check if Kibum was okay and found him injured at the arm with cuts from the broken glass.

The blonde was quick to get down, guiding Kibum off with him gently as he headed toward the staff break room.

 

“Put your arm under running water! I’ll get the first aid kit.” Kibum simply nodded, more scared of Jonghyun’s panic state than of his bleeding. He brought back the supplies and set everything up on the coffee table beside Kibum. He looked down at the materials, then slowly up at his coworker.

“Um, Kibum, I know you're probably in pain right now and need my help, but could you tell me how this stuff is used? I don’t know how any of this works.” Kibum shut off the sink and laughed hysterically.

“You played hero all by yourself without even knowing how to treat a wound?” Jonghyun looked away and his face redened with embarrassment.

 

“Thanks for bringing me here and getting the first aid kit, but I’m fine. I can bandage myself on my own. See!” He one-handedly unbottled the hydrogen peroxide and ripped open the gauze packaging by pulling with his teeth.

“Help me by cleaning up the glass. We don’t want anyone else getting any cuts.”

“B-but-” Jonghyun felt like a failure. He wasn’t able to care for the man. nor be a responsible employee. “Yes sir, I’ll go do that now.”

 

Kibum cleaned his wounds all on his own, applying the ointment with the use of his good arm. Once it got to bandaging the wound, he wasn’t able to wrap the gauze roll around his arm. Another hand suddenly grabbed the material from him.

“Jonghyun!” He exclaimed in delighted surprise.

“Let me do at least this for you.” With one hand he held onto Kibum’s too keep the arm still, and with his other he carefully wrapped the gauze around in secure layers over the cuts.

 

Kibum felt nervous while feeling the other man’s touch. It was a good nervous, the kind that left him disappointed when it ended so fast. Luckily the bandage was wrapped messily thanks to Jonghyun’s unsteady hands, so the blonde continued to grace his arm while fixing it. Kibum smiled at the extra skinship, staring down at his arm and how preciously Jonghyun treated it. The blonde was super clumsy, so Kibum used his own hand to guide the other in doing it right.

 

Jonghyun unconsciously continued to hold onto both hands while examining the treatment.

“So this is how it’s done.” He stated more so to himself, admiring the bandage work while the arm gently and rubbing his thumb on the man’s hand absentmindedly. Kibum’s eyes were wide and his insides were warm, moving all sorts of ways that made him both ecstatic and scared.

 

At one point Jonghyun himself noticed his actions and froze. He was so content he didn't even realize why and immediately stopped once he regained reasoning. Gosh, you can’t just touch him! He scolded himself as he let go and stood up, performing a 90 degree bow in apology.

“Sorry!” He yelled without any eye contact as he turned and left the room.

Kibum pouted at being left alone. “Thanks for helping me.” He whispered aloud.

 

-

 

Kibum as the store manager has the honor of putting the star on the top of the tree. It’s an annual tradition complete with a commemorative picture taken to be hung up by the entrance. The image is Kibum’s biggest pride. (People often find him wiping the frame caringly despite its spotlessness when he goes in for work.)

 

“Key, you sure you can put the star on with your injury?” Minho asked, concerned.

“Of course! I’m just a little scratched up.” The brunette hugged the star up against his chest supported by his good arm as he used the other to climb up the ladder. At the top, he found it hard to stretch out without anything leaning against his arm.

He suddenly felt a strong arm wrap around his waist and a firm chest lean against his back. The person’s scent was overly familiar - Jonghyun’s signature Voyage d'Hermes. He’s been wearing the same cologne everyday this past month. Kibum wonders if that’s the only one he owns or if he loves it enough to wear all the time without getting bored.

 

“What are you doing up here?” Kibum asked rather bluntly.

“Helping you.” Jonghyun answered simply, flashing a charming smile which the other reciprocated.

“Thanks.” The shorter man ironically reached over the taller and aided in protecting the arm as Kibum placed the bright star on the highest tip of pine.

“Aw, how cute! Stay like that for a second and look at the camera!” Minho ordered. The two glanced at each other briefly then faced the camera with shy smiles as a picture was taken of Kibum in Jonghyun’s embrace and their hands intertwined holding the star in place.

 

Minho quickly took the picture and admired it from his digital camera screen for a good two minutes, making the couple blush. Couple. The word entered Kibum’s mind and continued to stir until Jonghyun let go of him and got off the ladder. As he descended, the man reached out for his arm and held it firmly until he was closer where he then again placed his arm around the brunette’s waist until he was safely on the ground.

 

“Thank you, Jjong. Again.” Kibum said in the sweetest tone Jonghyun had ever heard come out of the manager’s mouth. And Kibum can be a real sweet talker when dealing with the affluent VIP customers.

“No problem...” The two stared at each other’s faces, Kibum smiling and Jonghyun biting his lips to prevent himself from saying anything stupid.

 

They saw a flash followed by the sound of Minho’s laughter,

“You love birds look so adorable on film! You two should definitely consider a couple photoshoot.” Kibum laughed as the other’s face turned a deep shade of red.

“I’ll go work on something else now!” He shouted as he scurried off, leaving his two superiors behind.

 

“Post the tree pic on our website please.” Kibum asked the tall man with a pat on the shoulder. Jonghyun heard from the other side of the store and celebrated internally. He had planned while the picture was being taken to go up to Minho later and ask for the picture to be sent to him, but now he can save himself the awkwardness that would have resulted in explaining why he’d want it.

 

“Jonghyun, can you please come wrap these items for young Mr. Lee.” Minho called out while personally escorting Taemin from the cash register to the gift wrapping station.

“Of course, sir!” The short man jogged over to the customer, taking his bags and placing the items on the table. “Any specific requests for the wrapping, sir?”

“Yes, I want it grand! Wrap the purse in a red box and put the hat in a green bag.” The demands were oddly specific, but SM employees are all prepared for strange gaudy customers like Mr. Taemin here.

 

“Here you are, sir! I added a gold bow to the box and a silver tag on the bag as well as signature SM pink ribbon to both so that the recipients will know you purchased these gifts at a place of high quality.” He recited with to the skinny man with a winning smile plastered on his face.

“Why, thank you, kind gentleman.” The customer curtsied and gave the shorter a tip of a fifty dollar bill.

“This must be like pennies to him to just give out.” Jonghyun said to himself as the man walked away with his expensive gifts.

 

The employee observed the contents of the gift wrap station, amazed by how fancy all the supplies looked. The paper seemed extra shiny, the ribbon curls were enormous, and the gold stickers looked like they were lined with actual gold.

“Hey Minho, is it okay if I wrap something here?” He yelled out to Minho who was finishing ringing up an elder woman.

“No one’s stopping you~” The tall man singsonged as he handed the woman her receipt and then left for the dressing room to help more customers.

 

Jonghyun reached inside his inner suit jacket pocket and took out an SM jewelry box. It contained a gift for Kibum he has been contemplating whether to give or not - a luxurious black Giles & Brother leather bracelet with personalized pink embroiderment of the word “Key”. That’s a nickname he’s heard others call him for being the manager, whose tasks involve locking up the store at the end of the day. He used an employee discount and waited for a sale to get it.

 

He looked through the several papers and picked a glittery red one. The box was expertly wrapped since Jonghyun took a crash course on gift wrapping after being hired at the store. The box was adorned with a gold colored bow and green metallic stickers.

“Should I put a nametag? I either give it to him in person… or leave it somewhere… I’ll put a tag and leave it on his desk.” Jonghyun smiled wide as he wrote Kibum in the “to” section as neatly as possible, and left the “from” section blank until he decided how he’d give it to the other.

 

“Wow, a present for me?!” Kibum exclaimed from behind the blonde, hovering over his shoulders, making him jump.

“You scared the heck out of me!”

“Heck?” Kibum teased his choice of words.

“Why didn’t you make any noise coming over here?!”

“Don’t you know why I’m referred to as almighty?” Kibum winked and laughed wholeheartedly, making Jonghyun’s stomach flip all sorts of ways he wished it didn’t.

 

“Soooooo,” Kibum began awkwardly, clearing his throat before proceeding, “That gift,” Jonghyun’s heart rate increased and his muscles tense. How was he supposed to save himself from spilling out his feelings?

“Is that for me?” The brunette’s tone was half hopeful half ashamed to be asking.

“No no no!” Jonghyun protested. “This gift here,” he picked it up and placed it back in his suit pocket, “Act like it doesn’t exist, alright? You didn’t see anything!” He ran away and Kibum was taken back by the man’s frantic behavior.

“O-okay…” It’s not like I got you something and was hoping it'd be less weird now.

 

The door chimes rang, announcing the entrance of a customer. “Key!!!! I need to buy girl stuff!!!” The honey voiced man screamed, disrupting the store’s peace.

Kibum laughed as he walked up to him. “Jinki, you did the right thing coming here. I’ll help you find the perfect gift for your girlfriend.” The customer flashed an adorable eye smile and followed Kibum into the endless aisles of couture fashion.

“I thought only work friends could call him Key.” Jonghyun pouted.

 

The customer was crazy attractive. Jonghyun found himself staring at the tan, thick thighed man. Minho came up next to Jonghyun and found him gawking at the healthy body.

“So you swing that way?” He teased.

“W-what? No! I-I don’t-” He stuttered to find an excuse but Minho’s knowing smile showed there was no use. “Yeah, I like boys.” He confessed dejectedly.

“It’s alright hyung, I don’t judge. I’m actually happy we have another of Kibum’s kind.”

“What?”

“Key’s gay too. You hadn’t noticed?” Minho laughed.

“I mean, I suspected…”

“I found out about him through Jinki too. That’s his best friend.” He pointed at said man who had picked up a mannequin and was dancing the tango with it - or trying to.

“Woah, he’s not what I expected Kibum’s friends to be like.” Jonghyun imagined upper class, sophisticated fashionistas. Jinki was upper class, but certainly didn’t come off as it until you analyzed his outfit.
 

“Well, Jinki’s rich and spends a lot of money here because of Key, so I see no need to question the relationship.” Both nodded at the realist statement.

“Hyung, you mind making the gingerbread house for the window display?”

“Of course not! I’m getting paid to to take fun holiday traditions and put them in a capitalistic environment for monetary benefit. How merry!” Jonghyun cheered sarcastically.

“Atta boy!” Minho exclaimed.

 

-

 

In an attempt to make sure the gingerbread house turned out as the best SM Fashions had ever seen, Jonghyun laid out all the materials in order by when they’d be used. He started out by cutting the shapes out of the gingerbread using a template. Afterwards, he began to build the structure’s base with icing as the adhesive. Being the perfectionist he is, Kibum showed up to check up on his subordinate and make sure the task was being done well.

 

“How’s the decorating going?” He asked cheerfully, acting like the awkwardness from earlier didn’t really affect him.

“Fine, I think. Is there anything I need to fix?” Jonghyun asked a little nervous by the fact his manager came over to monitor something as small as making a gingerbread house.

“Nah, you’re doing good! Perfectly good-” The brunette stopped himself mid sentence when he realized what Jonghyun was doing. “Hold up. Are you building it first?!” He asked, outraged.

“Yeah, that way it’s easier to decorate.”

“No no no no! That is all wrong! Take it apart!”

“What? But I just finished gluing all the pieces together. I won't be able to take them apart.”

“Who the heck would think of putting them all together before decorating in the first place?!” Kibum’s tone was very offensive.

“I would!” Jonghyun defended. “And earlier you made fun of me for saying heck but you just used it!”

 

Kibum hung his head down and sighed greatly. In Jonghyun’s opinion, the man was being overdramatic.

“Sir, I’m very sorry, but I think it would not be productive to re-do all of it. I guess it’s ruined, but it’s better than no gingerbread house at all; we need this done by the event tomorrow.”

Kibum realized his irrationality and had to agree with Jonghyun’s point. “Alright, just keep going, but know next time that the correct way would be to decorate the pieces first to ensure the design is done accurately. Gluing is the last thing you do just to hold it all together.”

Jonghyun simply nodded with his lips pressed shut although he disagreed. Gluing them first ensures the pieces don't break because of heavy candy decorations.

 

“Key!!! I’m ready to pay!!!” Came the hearty screams of Jinki again.

“You need more practice at the register. Jinki’s a regular here. Go check him out.” Kibum commanded. Jonghyun took this moment as his as an opportunity to both piss off his manager and come out to him.

The blonde eyed the customer up and down, carefully analyzing the man’s physical features in a way the other would notice. “Nice!”
“I meant ring him up!”

“Do you have his number?” Kibum scoffed.

“He’s not interested in men.” He repeated the conversation in his head and realized something.

 

“Wait, you like men?”

Jonghyun showed a shy smile and nodded. Kibum made an “ah” expression and looked down at the table to play with the scrap gingerbread, unusually silent and suddenly intensely focused on his hands.

Jonghyun smirked and left for the cash register.

 

“Hello, handsome gentleman,” He started off in his charming winner voice, “Did you find everything you were looking for?” A corner of Jinki’s mouth moved up, and he flashed a crooked smile at the employee. Before responding, he slowly his lips while looking into the blonde’s eyes.

“Yeah, I even found myself a smoking hot boy toy to take home.” Jonghyun chuckled as he folded the clothing and placed it in the bag.

“Thanks for the flattery, but I’m taken, sir. And I heard you are too?” He raised a brow playfully, making the other laugh.

“Oh, really? Well yeah, I’m taken. I’m engaged to a the daughter of the richest man in Korea. It’s not just for money, she’s also an A+ hottie.” He motions an S-line figure. “So what’s your partner like?”

 

“He’s not my official partner, just a guy I really like.” JInki scoffed jokingly, handing over his credit card for the purchase. “He’s a perfectionist and kind of arrogant, but I think he has a right to be. He loves attention and knows how to talk someone up, but I’ve seen him shy and it’s the most adorable thing ever! His love for fashion is clearly evident in the way he dresses but I think his high self confidence is the key point in his attractiveness. Then again, I’m mesmerized by the way his hips sway. how he’s the perfect height to kiss without getting on my tippie toes, and his totally kissable lips and bedroom eyes and - oh my gosh, I’m rambling.” Jonghyun shut himself up and handed Jinki his bag and receipt.


“Wow, how did Key score a hot babe like you?” Blood rushed to Jonghyun’s cheeks.”Lucky him ‘cause you're exactly his ideal type. Buff, but not too buff. Sharp nose, y smile, sleepy eyes, good eyebrows. Angel voice and pretty.” Jinki winked and the blonde’s face lit up.

“Would you help me win him over then?”Jonghyun whispered, leaning over the counter closer to Jinki.

“Of course.” He whispered back, huskily. Back to his regular voice, he shared, “Key thinks the first kiss says everything.” Jonghyun blushed at the thought of kissing Kibum.

“O-oh. Okay, I guess I have to.. kiss him… good…”

“Yup. Simple! Thanks for the transaction and make sure to treat my Key like the prince he thinks he is.” Jinki made a salute gesture and walked out the store.

Jonghyun lacked kissing experience, but he would definitely try his best for Kibum. He hoped that through a kiss his feelings would be transferred, and hopefully reciprocated.

 

Jonghyun left the cash register and noticed the store looked absolutely stunning after all the decorating. The place looked like the venue for an A list Christmas party in Beverly Hills.

“We did a great job today!” announced Kibum, walking to the center of the store for their daily closing meetings. “To celebrate the spirit of Christmas as well as our SM family bond, I invite you all to a small holiday party after the sale, hosted by moi.” Jonghyun’s jaw dropped as others cheered. The universe was giving him an opportunity.

 

-

 

The day before Christmas Eve, Jonghyun arrived to work crazy excited. He had the afternoon shift so he went in for work and found the mess of crazy middle aged women fighting over limited edition pieces they wouldn’t be able to afford without this sale.

“Woah.” Jonghyun was honestly scared. Kibum walked up to him, looking tired but still smiling. “Welcome to your first sale experience! You comfortable being on the cash register?” Jonghyun smiled wide and nodded. “All these women have like fifty coupons each, so make sure to be strict about the store’s policy on how they can be used.”

“Got it!”

 

Working at the cash register wasn’t hard, just really busy. Jonghyun had been doing well despite the high volume of customers until a young woman was offended by the employee rejecting the use of the same coupon twice.

“Are you stupid?! There’s nothing on this coupon that says it can’t be used for several purchases!”
“Yes, Miss, but the store has a policy that each coupon can only be used once per customer.”

“That’s a rule.” The annoying woman spat.

“I apologize for the inconvenience, but I must follow store protocol.”

“Why you good for nothing part timer! Haven’t you heard of “the customer’s always right”?! I’m the damn customer and you’re supposed to be willing to go to hell and back if I ing ask you to!”

 

A loud fake cough was heard from behind the woman. All the people’s heads turned to Kibum who was there to fix the issue.

“I’m sorry ma'am, but your presence is disrupting these fine peoples’ holiday shopping. I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”

“I’m 27 and you dare call me ma’am?! Bring me your ing manager!”

“Speaking.” Kibum flashed a charming smile of victory while Minho came up behind the woman grabbing a hold of her arm. “Since you didn’t leave the first time I asked, you will now be escorted. Goodbye and happy holidays!” The manager cheered with applause as the woman was left dumbfounded on her way out the door.

Kibum looked at Jonghyun and bowed his head, the other reciprocating along with a mouthed “thank you”.

 

Two hours until closing and the store was still packed. Jonghyun decided to take his government required 15 minute break in the staff lounge. He made himself coffee to regain energy to last the rest of the night. He looked out the room window and saw Kibum busier than a worker bee tending to customers at the jewelry station. He was currently showing several men different exclusive Tacori engagement rings.

Jonghyun wasn’t needed as much at the register, so he decided to help Kibum for a bit. He poured another cup of coffee into a thermos and took it over to Kibum.

 

“Drink some of this.” He said quietly, showing up beside Kibum at the jewelry station.

“Thanks so much!” The manager gulped down the piping hot liquid, enduring the burn in order to quickly get back to work. Kibum continued to help the customers browse and purchase while Jonghyun packaged and bagged the jewelry, helping the process quicken to serve more people.

“Key, you busy over there?” Minho yelled from the shoe section.

“Uh, kinda!” Kibum yelled back rudely - understandable with the current stress.

“I have two customers demanding dressing room assistance but I’m swamped over here.”

“Same here, pal!” Kibum is the only certified jeweler; him leaving would cause a huge loss of jewelry sales.

“I’ll go help them!” Jonghyun volunteered.

“You sure, Jjong? Dressing room duty is super demanding.”

“It’s okay, sir. I can do it.” The blonde ran off to fulfill whatever ridiculous requests he was asked of. The superiors worried but they had no choice but to trust in Jonghyun.

 

Kibum would glance over at him in between showings and feel his heart swell from Jonghyun’s hard working image. The man was maintaining himself warm, polite, and patient with not only the two customers he was assigned to, but with every single one that went up to him for assistance.

One elder lady gave him a generous tip which he accepted with a 90 degree bow. He immediately got an idea for how to spend it.

 

At end of day all the employees were pooped - laying across the couches, slouched over the chairs and some just straight up sprawled out on the floor.

“Delivery!!!” Shouted a short older man from the store’s entrance. “Chinese food delivery.”

“Who the heck ordered that here?” Kibum asked aloud.

Suddenly Jonghyun stood up and limped over to the man, handing him a hundred dollar bill in exchange for dozens of food containers.

“Keep the change. Merry Christmas!” The man bowed his head graciously and left with a bright smile. “None of you gonna come get some? If you guys don’t want any I can just take it all home.” The employees were instantly revitalized. They all ran from the lounge to Jonghyun, grabbing for their own box of delicious Chinese fast food cuisine.

 

Jonghyun grabbed himself two containers of shrimp lo mein (Kibum’s favorite) and took them over to the staff lounge.

“Eat up!” Kibum was touched seeing the man place the container before him, opening it up and separating the chopsticks for him.

“Jjong, you're real sweet, you know? Thanks for being such an angel.”

“It’s no big deal. I’d do anything to bring out your beautiful smile.” The blonde placed a hand on the back of his neck and Kibum caught him rubbing nervously. He also noticed Jonghyun’s veiny arms and prominent jaw line - two things he loves. The brunette swallowed hard to get rid of some indecent thoughts and looked down at his noodles instead.

 

The two enjoyed a comfortable and peaceful silence eating together, stealing glances at each other very so often. Kibum realized this was a fuzzy feeling he wanted more of.

“Would you like to come over to my house early tomorrow and help me set up for the staff celebration?” He asked boldly.

Jonghyun’s face wasn’t capable of expressing how happy he was. “Yes, sir, Kibum sir!”

“Call me Key.” He offered sweetly, caressing the blonde’s cheek and filling him with more joy.

 

-

 

Kibum and Jonghyun spent a wonderful afternoon together cooking and decorating. Jonghyun was surprised by his manager’s superb cooking skills, and Kibum was surprised by the other’s excellent taste in music and art. The two had conversed about almost everything and established many connections, falling harder for each other.

 

The two were sitting on the couch in Kibum’s living room waiting for the rest of the employees when the lighthearted mood suddenly turned into a slight .

The two were sitting extremely close together, each other’s heat strongly felt by the other. They were looking into each other’s eyes intensely. Kibum’s showed a passionate desire, Jonghyun’s a shy attraction. The blonde slowly began moving his face closer to Kibum’s as if for a kiss - when the doorbell rings! The mood ruined, Jonghyun relieved and Kibum disappointed.

 

Dinner went well. Everyone was enjoying the time together, except for Kibum who was bothered by Jonghyun’s conversing mostly with Minho. He pulled the blonde’s chair closer to him and feigned an innocent smile at Minho as if he didn’t just commit a childish act of jealousy.

The employees decided to move on to karaoke and left for the living room, leaving the lovebirds alone.

 

Jonghyun had been drinking throughout dinner to gain courage for his unfinished deed from earlier. “I want to kiss you.” He began boldly, holding the other’s cheeks and staring at his lips. “I want you to feel my heart through the kiss.” He laughed while Kibum’s heart raced hearing the confession. “I'm scared though. I've never kissed anyone first. I know you like take charge men, but I lack that confidence. You’re too incredible for me to take lightly.” Kibum giggled, enjoying the man’s bluntness so unlike his usual self.

“Jonghyun, I do like take charge men, and you are. Yesterday you took charge at the store and got all your tasks done. Today you took charge and got yourself to share all this, even if it was with the help of alcohol.” Jonghyun smiled like a kid hearing he made Santa’s nice list.

 

“You don't have to worry about kissing me first.” Kibum closed his eyes and closed the distance between the two, pressing his lips against the nervous blonde’s. Jonghyun’s eyes widened.

“Wow.” He shakily breathed out.

Kibum laid Jonghyun back against the chair and straddled him to kiss more. His hands firm on the shorter man’s, his throat making sounds of bliss, and his lips moving slowly to take in the full taste of Jonghyun who was messily opening his mouth and attempting to mimic Kibum’s actions.

“You've been drinking, will you even remember this amazing first kiss tomorrow?” Strangely, Kibum’s worried undertone confirmed his feelings for Jonghyun.

“I think the heat from the kissing sobered me up.” The two laughed and shared one last peck as they stood up to join the others.

Throughout karaoke the couple continued to cuddle and peck cheeks, gaining a lot of teasing from the other guests, but they didn’t give a single care. The feelings that rushed through them with each touch of the lips helped Jonghyun sober enough to cherish the moment and realize he had achieved his goal.

 

Just an hour left in December 24th when the guests started leaving to be home with their families and friends for Christmas.

“I should leave too…” said Jonghyun while hesitant to even make an attempt to go.

“No, you’ve been drinking. You should wait here a bit.” Kibum insisted, holding on to the other’s arm.

“I'm fine now, really. I know I don’t do well with alcohol… The confession earlier was after only one beer,” he confessed, “But I’m good now!”

“That’s cute.” Kibum stated warmly, looking into the blonde’s shy puppy eyes.

“Stay with me anyway.” He led the innocent being to the bedroom for cuddling and Christmas music.

 

“That gift you saw the other day,” Jonghyun began, “here it is. Merry Christmas!” He cheered as Kibum’s clock struck 12 and a red glittery package was placed before him.

“A versatile designer accessory! It’s perfect, Jjong, thanks so much!” The brunette stretched his arms out wide to engulf Jonghyun into a tight squeeze hug. “I love it!” He squealed once more staring at the bracelet.

“I got you something too!” He added on excitedly, pulling a box out from his bedside drawer. It was handed to Jonghyun in shock by the fact that Kibum thought of him and got him a gift.

The blonde opened the bag and took out a jewelry box from Piercing Pagoda. Inside was a single earring in the shape of the word “key”. He gasped at the sight of it and his jaw hung until he looked up at Kibum.

 

“I noticed u had a piercing. I thought it having “key” would remind you of who got it.”

“Like I’d ever forget.” Jonghyun pressed his lips shy, but in a smile . “Thank you.” Trembling, he put down his box as well as Kibum’s, freeing the space between them. He boldly moved closer to Kibum. Kibum staying still, also nervous. Jonghyun closed his eyes and pressed his lips against the other, finally kissing him.

Instantly, Kibum felt sparks fly. The kiss he initiated earlier had felt good too, but this one was different. A great amount of love could be felt radiating from the two of them.

Jonghyun started moving his lips and Kibum quickly reciprocated, opening his mouth wide to welcome a more steamy kiss, which Jonghyun did initiate. Their lips melded together as one and their heads spun together in ecstasy. Their tongues touched and unholy sounds escaped their mouths.

Jonghyun was embarrassed about his moan and started to kiss more conservatively until Kibum caressed his cheek to let him know it was encouraged. The two went on to devour each other’s faces, audibly enjoying their first make out session, until they were forced to let go for a breath of oxygen. It was the perfect kiss.

 

They continued to stare into each other’s eyes long after the kiss until Jonghyun breathed out a quiet, “Merry Christmas, Key.”

”Thanks, Jjong. Same to you.” Was the response followed by another peck.

And thus they spent Christmas Eve hugging and lovey dovey talking throughout the night into Christmas Day.

 

 

Author's Note: Happy Holidays! I hope you have a very merry Christmas and a healthy new year 2016. This was so much fun to write even if it did take me longer than originally intended, but I hope you like it anyway haha!