Ignored Warning

The Mystery of the Temple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, Mingyu dreamed about death and giant rats, the scenes in his mind playing out just as terribly as the deaths he had seen in the temple. It all seemed to be so real to him, as if he had a part to play in defeating them.

At the end of the dream, he saw a man in a black cloak turn toward him, telling him to never return to the temple. It would be a big mistake, and cost many deaths. Even though he was asleep, he could feel that the man wasn't trustworthy, and that he should ignore him and go with what he needed to do. The man continued to walk down the hall, the cats each bowing to him from the walls, paying homage to him and revering him as their master.

Mingyu felt a chill run down his spine, watching the man's retreating figure. Seconds later, he heard a loud hiss from the cats, the sounds echoing through the temple. His eyes were pulled to the cats, and he noticed that they all had blood pouring from their mouths and their teeth shining red with blood. Even in his unconscious state, he knew that he needed to stop this. More blood would be shed otherwise.

  

Sitting up suddenly, Mingyu felt his heart pounding rapidly in his chest, and his breath came out in sharp gasps. "It's just a dream..." He panted to words out, his entire body shaking. Reaching for his phone, he saw that he had missed a text from Wonwoo. Staring at it, he could still see the cats' evil expressions and the blood, causing his stomach to churn.

The young man took a deep breath, waiting for his hands to stop shaking before opening the text. Once he was able to, he noticed that his friend was simply asking if they were going to go to the temple again, since Mingyu had told him that he didn't want to waste his money. Smiling, he shook his head. It was ironic that Wonwoo would want to go back, when he had been the one who had been so against it, in the first place.

Taking another deep breath, he replied, telling his friend that he would be ready to leave in about an hour. Despite the sick feeling and the vision he had seen at the temple, he knew that he needed to go back. He needed to find out what was going on and stop it, it at all possible.

Walking into the restroom, he took a quick shower, washing off all of the sweat from his nightmare. As he got dressed, his thoughts returned to Wonwoo. He had been surprised that his friend had gone with him, and it was nice to do something alone with him, despite the feeling that he would be shot down if he had said anything. He knew he was too afraid to say a word to his best friend, feeling as if his confession could ruin their friendship forever. He wasn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter