Chapter 4 - Coincidence

Revenge

After the coffee, Min Hee clearly likes Ji Hyo a lot so she even asks Ji Hyo for a phone number. Ji Hyo of course happily exchanges phone number with Min Hee.

“Let’s have coffee sometimes.” – Min Hee offers.

“Sure, let’s do that. I haven’t met someone that I can have so much fun talking to like you.” – Ji Hyo brightly says. She had fun but not from talking to Min Hee but more from enjoying Min Hee falls in her trap, clueless.

“Me too. Let’s see each other soon.”

 Min Hee says goodbye as it is time for her to get back work and Ji Hyo also has to get ready for her step 2.

Today is the day she moves in her apartment. She decided not to live at her sister’s apartment. It was too painful for her to look at the place that her sister lived before. Everything in that apartment reminds her of her pitiful sister. She burns all the pictures that her sister took with Jin Hyuk and Min Hee, all the things that reminds her of how painful her sister must be. She only keeps the diary, the useful weapon that she has against her two enemies. That diary has amazingly big deal of useful information about those two cruel animals.

It takes her a while to be able to get the place that she wanted. She gave the current tenant a big deal of money so they agreed to move out. The tenant was annoyed by her suggestion at first of course but no one can say no to $50 000 for moving fee so she gets the apartment after just 2 meetings. It is costly and overpaid, she knows but money is not her priority. As long as her plan can be success, she won’t mind losing all her fortune.

Most of the big stuffs were settled in her apartment by professional movers but she saves some small boxes to move by herself. She patiently sits on a blind corner in the apartment’s garage for a while to wait for that man comes home. Just as reported by the detective, that man arrives at the garage right at 6 P.M. She waits for him to get out his car and gets into the elevator before she pretends to rush into the elevation with two heavy boxes on her hands.

“Please hold the elevator for me.” – She says, breathless.

That man is a real gentleman and holds the elevator for her.

“Thank you very much.” – She smiles at him, the most beautiful smiles that she has been practicing in front of mirror for a thousand times.

His heart skips a beat looking at her smile. She has the most innocent smile ever. Her eyes are so big, her teeth are so white, and her face is just flawless. He flusters for a moment before he can say “You are welcome”

“Let me take one box. It seems heavy.” – He offers, taking the box on the top from her.

“Are you sure? I don’t really want to bother you.” – She softly asks.

He smiles gently at her – “Of course, who can let a pretty girl like you hold all these boxes.”

Wow! He is a real flirter. Despite the fact that he has a girlfriend, he really doesn’t miss a chance with pretty girl. She disgusts him. This guy is clearly has no sense of loyalty. No wonder he cheated on his sister so easily. May be it wasn’t the first time he cheated on her sister. Maybe her sister was just too innocent and too trusty toward him to not see his real personality. She really can’t understand how her sister falls deeply in love with this guy from begin with. But that’s fine, his lacking sense of loyalty only makes her plan easier. He seems to be an easy prey.

“What floor?” – He asks her.

“10”

“Really? I am living in 10 floor too.” – He is amused from surprise.

“Seriously?” – She puts on her surprise act and smiles widely.

“Yes. What is your room number?” – He excitedly asks.

“1020. How about you?” – She knows his room is 1022. That’s why she chose the room 1020 but she just has to ask, pretend to be clueless so he can fall to her trap.

“No way. So we are next door neighbor. My room is 1022” – He can’t hide his surprise.

“Really? Wow. This is amazing.” – She squeals excitedly.

“Yeah. What a coincidence!”

There is no such thing is coincidence. She had to work hard to get that room next to him. She is the one creates the coincidence. It is all in the meticulous plan that she has carefully prepared for the two of them. And of course, he will know nothing about this until the last minute.

“My name is Choi Jin Hyuk. What is your name?”

“Song Ji Hyo.”

“Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too.” – She smiles sweetly

“It’s here” – He says as the elevator door open. – “Don’t you mind if I help to carry the box inside your house?” – He politely offers with a sweet smile.

This is probably the reason her sister was so deeply in love with this guy. She hates him but she has to admit he does have charm. He is a sweet and gentleman, the kind of man that innocent girls like her sister will die for. And the truth is her sister did literally die for him, for his charm, for his player blood.

“If you don’t mind.” – She smiles gently at him and unlocks her door.

Not only that he helps to bring the box inside but he also helps her to clean up the house. He takes all the heavy jobs and only lets her do the light duty.

What a gentleman! – She smirks.

“Lemonade?” – She offers as he rests on the couch after done helping her.

“Sure.”

She makes him a glass of fresh squeeze lemonade that she handmade. She really wants to pour in a ton of salt into the glass so it can taste like seawater but she can’t. She has to make a best glass of lemonade so gets on his good side. The most frustrated thing in this world is pleasing the enemy. It is not easy to her but she does it, because of her pitiful sister. She has to bring justice to the pitiful little girl lying lonely under the cold grave.

They start chitchat. Things like where she comes from and what brought her to Korea. She answers him just as she told Min Hee earlier. She made sure the answers are matched. He is relaxed talking to her but she has to use her brain every minute conversing with him. She has to dig back everything her sister wrote in the diary about him, about his hobbies and habits so she can have thing in common with him. It is not easy but she seems to success. He obviously has good impression with her. They keep talking without realizing that midnight already past.  

He excuses himself to go home as she tells him it’s already late and he seems to be tired. He is truly amazed how much things they have in common. It likes she knew him very well. He couldn’t get bored talking to her. She knows everything he talks about even his favorite soccer team. Girls normally don’t have great interest in sport but she seems to be very enthusiastic. He can’t wait to talk to her more. He feels like he knows her very well.

However, he doesn’t know a first thing about her, like she is the older sister of the girl that just suicided last month because of him. The woman he talked to earlier, that sweet, innocent woman is not her. It is just the one that she created to fit his taste. She knows nothing about sport. She doesn’t even have the slightest interest in it but because of him, she studied soccer, studied the team that he likes, studied his favorite player. To be able to talk to him with the sport enthusiastic level, she had to stay up all night for weeks to watch the boring soccer matches and read all the unexciting articles. All just to get closer to him.

Her step 2 is definitely a success. Now she can sleep well for the night, gets her energy up to be ready for the battle.

Running is her hobby since she was in America. Despite how late she went to sleep, she always has to wake up early for the morning run. She is new to the area so she decides to do a big run today to discover her neighborhood. She moves to this place because of that man so she didn’t actually find out much thing about the place before moving in. Now, running around and looking, this area is not too bad. A lot of green shade, she likes it. As her eyes keep wandering around, she doesn’t focus on the front and runs into someone. That person’s body is like iron; she bounces off and falls on the floor.

“Are you ok?” – That person sits down next to her, asks in concern.

“Yes, I’m ok. I am sorry.” – She says and looks up at that person.

“Song Ji Hyo – ssi?” – That persons squeals in surprise.

“CEO Kim?” – She also can’t hide her surprise seeing that iron body she just hit is actually her soon-to-be boss – Kim Jong Kook.

Jong Kook quickly helps to pull Ji Hyo up. His heart flutters as her breath slightly brushes his neck. It is cold outside but the light breath from her suddenly burns his entire body hot. He feels like every vein in his body suddenly bumps in full speed. Blood keeps following fast toward his heart which is working overly hard on thudding against his ribcage.

“I’m so sorry.” – She bows 90 degree toward him.

“No, not a problem at all. What are you doing here?” – He asks

“I am doing my morning run. I am new here so I keep looking around and didn’t notice you. I am really sorry.” – She smiles apologetically

“I told you it’s ok. Do you live around here?”

“Yeah, I live over there.” – She points at her apartment building.

“Oh, it is not far from my house.”

“You live around here too?”

“Yeah. Do you run every morning?”

“Yes. I enjoy running a lot. I like to start my day enjoying morning breeze.” – She smiles.

“Me too. Wow what a coincidence! I never met a girl that likes morning run before.” – He says excitedly.

This is what real coincidence is. There is no calculation, no plan. Thing just happens as be destined by fate. The twisted fate that pulls them together…