Before You Go

Before You Go

Before You Go

            “Happy birthday Donghae,” a voice greeted from the doorway.

            Donghae lifted himself up from his bed and stared at his only dorm mate since his best friend left before hiding underneath his covers. “Go away Kyuhyun,” he choked out. “I’m not in the mood.”

            Kyuhyun made his way to the older’s bed and set the cake on the stand. He then took a seat and started to rub what he thought was Donghae’s head. “Hae, you need to get up soon. You promised the fans that you would meet up with them one last time,” he begged. “Plus, I baked a cake. Like, I legitimately baked a cake. This is way better than a birthday present.”

            “As much as I love you Kyuhyun, I will never ever eat your cake,” Donghae said through the covers, making him sound muffled. “Anyways, there’s no reason for me to get up so early. I still have a couple of hours before I have to leave for the base. Plus, none of the other members are coming and you’ve seen my face too much already.”

            The maknae stayed quiet, feeling a slight pang in his chest. But I’m here and I’ll misee you. “There’s not enough times in the world that I’ve seen your face that will make me not miss you for two years you idiot,” he grumbled, throwing a light punch. Donghae stiffened at his words and his heart ached all over again. Idiot, this is what I was trying to avoid. Donghae shifted under the sheets and prepared to pop out, but Kyuhyun wouldn’t stop talking.

            “Plus, what in heck are you going to do without us,” Kyuhyun continued, slightly grumpy at this point. “Eunhyuk and I have had to do everything for you ever since Leeteuk left. You’re so incapable.” He paused, trying to control himself. “You know what, I won’t miss you. You’ll miss me instead! Now eat the stupid cake that I baked, idiot.” With that, Kyuhyun stood up from the bed with a huff and walked towards the exit.

            Without a second thought, a swish of cloth echoed throughout the room and Kyuhyun was engulfed in a back hug. “Don’t go Kyu,” he whispered. “I will miss you. I’ll miss you the most. I’m sorry, I’m just grumpy that everyone else is too busy to come see me off.”

            “But I’m here. I don’t think I’ll ever be too busy for you, little Hae,” Kyuhyun said as he turned around to tap the older’s nose. “I’m happy my only schedule is my performance in the afternoon.”

            “Thanks Kyu,” he whispered, hugging the younger just a little bit tighter. “I can’t wait until I can do this again when we meet.”

            “I won’t let you go for days,” he whispered back. “I promise.”

            And there they stayed, waiting, cake in hand, as they reminisced about the old days and planned for the days in the oncoming future.

^^^^^^^^^^

A/N: This is in honor for Donghae’s birthday and enlistment as well as Kyuhyun’s new album release.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE FISHY! PRETTY PLEASE STAY SAFE!

And shisus, have you heard and watch Kyuhyun’s new album? He’s absolute perfection and the ending just broke my heart…

Please share the love by commenting! I shall update this story the day Donghae comes back safely!