さくら春

Spring in Japan

Beautiful sakura blooming along the roads in Japan while the breezy wind blows swiftly and makes the scenery more breathtaking than it ever will be. The sun on the other side of the lake sets beautifully as the loud clap from the shoes of humans walking along the street near the lake crawls into Luhan's ears. He closed his eyes and takes a deep breath of the fresh air in Kaseizan Park in Fukushima. Kaseizan Park is one of the most popular park simply because there is actually a Sakura tunnel during the night. With over 1300 Sakura in this park alone is simply mesmerizing.

 

Luhan looked around before smiling to himself. "Sakura is beautiful." he thought to himself and looks down to his button down coffee-colored coat. Beautiful. The only word he ever used that was only when he was with Sooyoung. To him, she was beautiful in and out. To him, she was more than just everything. She was, Choi Sooyoung. Luhan close his eyes and heaves a soft sigh softly before his lips. "I missed you, Sooyoung." And as he whisper those words through the thin air, a light kiss of the spring wind hits his cheek and makes his hair a little messy. He looked up to the Sakura trees around and felt a little emptiness in his heart. He now longs for her more than he ever thought. Coming here, he thought he would start a new book and a brand new self of him. Well, that isn't happening. He missed her. And his hearts aches a little.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Good job, everyone!' Sooyoung said cheerily with that wide grin on her face, bowing to the crews that has been working their bum off to make this Japan Tour happen.  She grabs a bottle of plain water that she place on a stool near the mirror and chug it on. "Waaah. You can finish all that in one go?" Sunny asked in disbelief. Sooyoung looks at her with one of her eyebrow jerking up as she finishes the drink. "Just admit it that you still can't fit your own fist in your mouth, Sunny." she said and knocks the little's head, laughing. "Hey! That's too much. How would I even fit my fist in my own mouth?" she asks and others gather around to tease that little Sunny. All of those nine princesses laugh in sync. "Hey. I'll head to the hotel first, okay? I'm not feeling that well." she smiles at Taeyeon while she grabs her light grey jacket on that stool, putting on around her after she changed. "You sure you'll be fine alone? I can go with you if you want." Yuri offered. "Nope. I'll be fine. Go ahead and have a good dinner, okay? See you guys tomorrow!" she waves and jogs out of the room as they watch her off.

 

"Kaseizan.. Kasei- ah! Here it is." she squeaked in happiness when she finally arrives at the park. She smiles all the way when she gets a view of those gorgeous Sakura around the lake that makes her heart melt a little, making her super happy about seeing them. It wasn't her first time here, obviously. She came here often when she wasn't busy making music. She usually come here during the sunset where she can look at it endlessly until her atmospehere gets darker and darker minute by minute. She have always loved Sakura. She close her eyes and breathe in that same fresh air at the lake back then and starts strolling around. 

 

She slide in both her hands in the front pocket of her jacket with her hoodie on. The weather is very welcoming especially at night where the stars will be visible to make the park prettier than it already is. She smiled at a little Japanese boy walking pass by her and pats his head softly before keeping her pace slow and steady. "Luhan." she thought. She paused for awhile and stares into the blank utopia in her head. How can she think of him all of a sudden? That name took her breath away as her lips drift apart slowly escaping a warm breath into the thin air. She blinks a few times before gasping for air as she looks down to her black Nike shoes. "Why.." 

 

She shakes her head and squeezes her cheeks. "Wake up, Choi Sooyoung, Wake up." she mumbles to herself as the people passing by her giving her a weird look. She exhales heavily and walk towards the Sakura tunnel. She takes out her phone from the pocket of her pants. 2245 hours. "-" she cursed and runs to Koriyama Station that is 20 minutes from Kaseizan Park. She has to get to the hotel before her members caught her. "Nooooooooooooo~" she wails while she runs and laughs to herself. As she laughs, she suddenly bump into a guy. He has that familiar scent and that dark brown hair under the street lights. "Ow-" he hissed and squeezes his left shoulder where Sooyoung bumped into him. "Oh! Sorry, sorry. But I have to run. Sorry!" she said quickly just taking a glimpse of his eyes and hair. He was wearing a black mask to cover his nose and lips also a black jacket with his hoodie on. 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Yah. Choi Sooyoung, where were you last night, huh? Did you sneak out again? In Japan?!" Hyoyeon asked with her arms crossed. "Yeah. Did you sneak out again? Yah, Choi Sooyoung. Tell us." Yoona asked while she looks at Choi Sooyoung who is enjoying her breakfast. "You'll thank me that I actually sneaked out last night." she says and feeds herself a fresh salmon. The eight girls looked at her with a poker face. Sooyoung looked up at them and furrow her eyebrows. "What?" she asks. "DID YOU SNEAK OUT TO BUY FOOD?!" they asked her loudly in sync. "Can't I?!" she asked them again and all of them laugh, hugging Choi Sooyoung (awkward situation for someone who is eaiting but a hug is a hug).

 

The last day in Japan was basically a day where they will have to shop all day long before their flight. And no, Sooyoung isn't going to shop for food on the last day. No, no. Don't worry. Shopping would be the other eight girls' work. Not Sooyoung. She has done her part (well not exactly cause she only bought food and drinks for all of them). She suddenly has a sudden urge to visit Kaseizan Park again today. She wouldn't know when would be her last time coming here knowing that her schedules are tight. So she decided to go there a few hours before she has to run to the airport. She's sneaking again but this time with her manager. Ayyye, manager isn't that bad, is it? 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So there he is, with a white collar long sleeve shirt and a black tie hanging against his chest. Matching his shirt with a black slack and an expensive leather belt. Well, he is a teacher anyway, isn't he? He has to look good. With his hands in his pockets, he exhales loudly as his eyes fixed to a Sakura tree right across the lake. And all that he could think was, Choi Sooyoung.

 

So there she is, with a black dress that stops a few inches above her knees and a white headband on her head that gives her a sweet look. Her long legs looks good with that white canvas sneakers from Vans and also a black slim bag that she hangs on the right side of her shoulder. She looks at a Sakura tree across the lake that seem to remind her of only, none other than, Luhan. 

 

"I miss you."

 

They said it out loud together.

 

Not knowing where is this going, they look down to their shoes and pause for a moment. The wind comes blowing softly and this time, even sweeter with the presence of each other. He can smell the scent of her vanilla shampoo and she can smell the scent of his mint shampoo. And those scent mix well with the air around the Kaseizan Park. His black tie dances by the wind and her hair covers a little of her flawless face. Both silent, both love.

 

"Haru."

 

Sooyoung said, finally breaking the silence.

 

Luhan looked up at her.

 

"Haru."

 

She said again now looking at Luhan, smiling. 

 

"It means spring in Japan." 

 

Luhan kept his eyes on her. Oh, how he missed her. Her cute voice, her gorgous eyes, her small lips, her silky skin; he missed her so much. So much that he never want to let her go. 

 

"Haru."

 

He said to her and form a soft smile on his face. 

 

It's amazing how love has this intense ability to change a person's life with or without their knowing. Love is something not everyone can bear and define. But love sure is beutiful. Beautiful like the Sakura during spring.