Notes

How are you?

I rewrote this story at least 5 times.

The first iteration was a 2seok, in which Seokjin was a healer that had lost his powers and found solace in a little teashop and the forever smiling owner who always brought him a pastry with his tea.

None of the iterations have fully captured what I wanted from this story, but this probably came the closest.

Really, the only thing that I wanted to portray is summed up in one scene, when Hoseok returns home to an empty house and sinks to the floor feeling lost. That feeling, of not being good at anything, of not wanting to be good at anything, of not wanting to do anything, of wanting to just disappear but not even having the drive to do that much- of feeling useless. 

I'm currently at a stage in my life where I'm feeling something similar to what Hoseok does in this story. Doing random little things to keep myself going, but not feeling any interest in anything, really. The difference is, Hoseok had something that he loved, and had it taken away from him. I have yet to find anything that truly captures my passion.

Both of us are lost, wandering, feeling tired and useless and wondering if we're really accomplishing anything in this world, if it's really worth going on.

Hoseok's story, then, is a note to myself as much as anything else. Reminding me that things will get better. That maybe, I haven't found my real interest now, but I will one day. I just have to keep trying.

I guess this story is an optimistic one, saying that things will get better, that you can always find something to love. How long that may take is another matter entirely.

I just want to say that if anyone else has felt this way, or is feeling this way, feel free to talk to me. It might help to get things off your chest- I know it helped me.

I hope that you enjoyed reading this, and I hope that one day, your answer to "How are you" will be the same as Hoseok's in the end.