together, we make a lilac sky (apart, we're red and blue)

together, we make a lilac sky (apart, we're red and blue)
Please log in to read the full chapter

note: this is absolute self-indulgent garbage and i'm not even sorry (but i am sorry about how terrible this came out). hope y'all enjoy c:
 


The first time he sees her in person is on the stage of some music show, but he doesn’t get to talk to her. He sees CNU point towards a group of girls standing on the other side of the stage and mention how his ideal type, Krystal Jung, is standing right there. Gongchan looks over and sees the mentioned girl, and he has to admit, she’s gorgeous. She’s the typical Korean beauty - tall with fair skin and long hair. His eyes travel to the other members, and he takes note of all of them.

 

They’re all laughing at something Sulli said, and his attention is instantly taken by their main rapper, and he could instantly see why almost everyone wants to be her friend - she’s clearly comfortable with being herself, even in front of the cameras.

 

Then the cue comes for all the idols to leave the stage and he turns and leaves with s, thoughts of the short-haired girl leaving his mind as he looks forward to taking off his makeup and elaborate stage costume and finally, finally taking a well deserved break with s.

 

(He doesn’t talk to s about Amber or the rest of f(x) for that matter. At least, not for now.)

 

-

 

The first time he talks to her is probably unmemorable to her but he had spent several days thinking of her afterwards, and it’s a problem.

 

It isn’t a significant conversation - if you could call a simple exchange of greetings a conversation.

 

He remembers thinking that she’s small (he’s a good head taller than her) and she was practically glowing. He’s too embarrassed to tell s that though, because their teasing is bad enough when he so much as mentions her name (“You’ve met her once, what’s with that smile on your face?” his leader asks, a smirk curling the edges of his mouth). So he keeps the image in his own head, pulls up the picture of her bright smile when she greeted all the B1A4 members alongside her f(x) members.

 

He remembers how flustered he was, how he could barely manage a polite greeting before turning his attention to Luna, who turned out to be a same-aged friend.

 

He remembers how his eyes flicker over to the short-haired girl once in a while, and he’s certain Luna had caught on - and she, bless her soul, never mentioned it - but he couldn’t stop watching as Amber’s lips twitch up, futilely attempting to refrain from smiling at a dumb joke CNU decides to tell her and Krystal.

 

(And he has to admire the full attention she gives to everyone when they’re talking - she smiles and nods to reassure the person speaking, and he could feel the tension slowly leaving the room with every one of her smiles.)

 

-

 

The first time they have a conversation - an actual, full conversation - is when they’re doing a photoshoot for the fourth season of A Song For You.

 

He’s again captured by how bright her smile is, and he has no trouble reconciling the Amber in front of him, right now, with the Amber he sees on the television. She’s laughing at Kangin’s antics, and multiple pictures of that single moments are taken. She makes the staff delete all of them because they’re funny, and she would probably post one of them to Instagram or send them to her friends, but she doesn’t think the pictures are good enough quality to use for promotions for the show. The staff grumble about how natural she looks in the pictures, but they reluctantly delete the pictures anyways and tell them to go pose again.

 

He’s determined to make her laugh this time, so he tells his two seniors terrible, terrible jokes (he really needs more friends with better humor) he learned from s. He’s satisfied to see her laughing, even if it’s at his expense (“That was so unfunny it was hilarious,” she comments to Kangin, who doesn’t hesitate to agree, tears gathering at the corners of their eyes) but she’s laughing, and the cameras are going off again.

 

She’s more satisfied with this set, even if she complains that she looks a bit weird, and it only takes a little cajoling for her to agree to saving the pictures.

 

Kangin sees the signs first which isn’t surprising as he’s known the f(x) rapper for years, and he could only press his lips into a thin line, shaking with laughter, as Amber reexamines the pictures they took and suddenly bursts into loud laughter. The staff clearly know what’s happening as well, and Gongchan is lost and confused.

 

He doesn’t have to wait long for an answer though, because the photographer tells Amber that the pictures are saved and headed towards her way and she should get them in several moments. She high fives the photographer and says that as expected, he knows her well.

Please log in to read the full chapter