Late Summer

Wildest Dreams

It was late August when we’d met, Lee Hongbin and I. The picture-perfect gentleman, pulling out your chair or helping you reach something from the top shelf, and all while an ever present smile graced his gorgeous features. He was a notorious heartbreaker, but I hadn’t believed anyone’s warnings, not even the voice in my head. How could I when the Adonis before my eyes was luring me into his open arms with such tender care?

~~~

August 22, 2014

        “Another day, another dollar,” I muttered under my breath. I was an aspiring actress, taking on whatever odd jobs I could find in the meantime to support myself until I got my big break… just like most of the girls in this lousy side of town. Along came Friday and sure enough, the bar I was tending to became packed with people. It was interesting really, to watch the people come and go, how they’d act and how they’d change as they drank. But I wasn’t being paid to people watch, and lord knows I need that money or it’s “out on the streets for you, missy”.

        I could feel that tonight would be different somehow, just one of those little inklings I liked to blame on my “sixth sense”, rather, my intuition that was scarily sharp at times. As I leaned over to talk to one of my coworkers, the doors opened with a force, lights flashing just outside, blinding us both. Once the doors had shut, what appeared to be a movie crew walked inside, right up to the empty barstools that lay before me.

“Is this seat taken?”

        I glanced upward, having to crane my neck to speak to the unfamiliar, tall customer. The words died in my throat when I caught sight of his face, a jawline so strong it could carry me and a smile so bright I’d have thought I was glimpsing the sun. “U-uhm..” I sputtered clumsily, “I mean the seats are available!” Great job.

“Cute,” he chuckled, leaning over to read my nametag and whispering it to himself with a nod.

“T-thanks, can I get you anything? House special?”

“A bottle of your finest champagne.. and some company would be nice.” Ah, he was one of those guys, never mind.

“With all due respect sir, I am on duty, but I’ll happily locate ‘our finest champagne’ for you.” I my heels with a scoff, my hair bouncing over my shoulder as I left to the backroom. Upon my return, the crew I’d seen enter with him had dispersed, but I found him perched on the same stool, simply observing the crowd as he waited.

“Here you go sir, Moet & Chandon Dom Perignon  P3 Plenitude Brut.” With a wave of his hands, I set the bottle down with some glasses, rubbing my hands on the apron wrapped snugly around my waist to rid my hands of the condensation.

“Do you know the odds of making it out of this town?” Huh? What a random question..

“Last I heard, it was one in a million,” I tried to joke around.”

“One in one million and five hundred five thousand, rather.” Alright, thanks for making me feel like . “But, you’ve got a cute face, you could make it work.” …come again?

The young man cleared his throat and stood up, extending an arm towards myself, once more dwarfing me with his height. I extended my own and shook his hand politely, confusion still clear as day on my features.

“Perhaps you’ve heard of me, Lee Hongbin?” My mouth ran dry as I got a better look at him under the lamp just above us. Lee the up-and-coming popular actor Hongbin? But before I could make any comment, he resumed. “Anyway, I was in town with some staff, and we’re thinking of holding auditions in this town as we’re still missing key cast members..” His doe eyes lazily reached mine, lashes fanning with a few slow blinks. “I was thinking you might like to grace us with your presence? Tomorrow afternoon, I could maybe text you the details?”

And I knew I was a goner when I saw him biting his lip, rolling up the sleeves of his white dress shirt to reveal toned arms, successfully popping open the bottle. Hongbin poured two glasses and slid one across the counter to me before clinking his with my own. “To chance meetings,” his deep, husky voice like a melody and a wink to seal the deal. It was like I was making a deal with the devil, but only this devil looked and acted so much like an angel it was hard to tell.

---

August 23, 2014

Beep.. beep.. A faint buzz awoke me. Ah damn, the sun’s out already? WAIT THE AUDITION! I rolled over to find that it was barely nine in the morning, the audition being this afternoon, and sighing heavily with relief. Two new messages, I wonder from who?

My heart lodged in my throat upon seeing Hongbin’s name. I’d nearly forgotten I’d given him my number in exchange for the details. The man was one hell of a smooth talker, I’ll give him that; but with the free glass of pricy champagne and the promise of meeting again, it was a difficult offer to refuse.

I took a nice, hot shower with my favorite vanilla body wash, making sure to shave as best I could. Proceeding to bound around my tiny apartment in a fluffy pink robe, I managed to make some eggs and French toast, opting for something lighter as my nerves were affecting my stomach.

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(( think I'm going to make this a short story instead of a one shot with a few chapters, like how it's coming out so far....
hope you enjoy this sneak peek!! ^^

as always, XOXO much love, JJ ♥