Discovered

Shattered

*this oneshot is in Key's POV*

I watched as Jonghyun hyung's knees shook at the very sight of her, sighing as I pushed away the thought of his ideal girl sitting just a few halls away in her own dressing room. 

"Do you think she noticed me?" he asked, turning to me.

"No, because you're so small," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. I couldn't help but wonder though, did she notice him? And furthermore, why do I care? Jonghyun cocked an eyebrow. "Yeah, yeah, of course she noticed you. Who wouldn't?"

"You're only forcing yourself to say that."

"Suit yourself, then," I replied irritably. Who cared if Shin Sekyung noticed? Apparently, he did.

 

Jonghyun's rants didn't stop there though, soon he was worrying about how to ask for her number, which was strange because he'd never gone nervous about things like this before, it would always go smoothly. The king of skinship hooked his arm onto mine, whining again.

"Help me, Key!"

"No," I said sternly, "go get her number yourself!"

"But you're the one who's good with asking girls' numbers!"

"Why don't you man up and ask her yourself! Sheesh. She's not gonna like it when she finds out I gave it to you if ever she does give it to me so you better get your fat into her dressing room and get her number!" I fumed. Uh-huh, I was jealous alright, and I wasn't going to hide it. He better get a hint.

He huffed. "Fine," and went to get her number.

I didn't know what was worse; his whining about how to get her number or his victory screeches once he came back to the dressing room with it.

 

Oh, I know! The time he snuck out to meet this Shin Sekyung person and come back 10 seconds before the show started! Oh joy!

I flinched at the mere memory of it. What an . I'd tap that.

 

"Hyuuuung! I'm going out to meet Sekyung-ah!" he hollered on the top of his lungs, just to let everyone in the dorm know where he was going. "Hey Key, tell Onew hyung I'm going out." Oh no he didn't.

"Whatever," I muttered to myself.

"What's wrong with you?" he had asked. You're hurting me so don't see her ever again, I wanted to shout at him at that moment, but I failed. Could you believe it, the Almighty Key failing?

"Nothing's wrong, I'll tell hyung you went out to see this Shin Sekyung person I don't give a about," I said waving him away. 

Seeming to disregard the insult I threw in at the last phrase, he said cheerfully, "Thank you, I love Keyyy!" I turned to the door as it slammed close and crouched by the kitchen counter, hugging my knees to my chest, letting the hot tears roll down my cheeks.

 

And now, well, now's the worst.

 

"Key, I trust you, so I'm telling you this before I tell Onew hyung," he started, staring into my eyes, his brown eyes twinkling in delight. Those eyes that me in and making me give in to his every request.

"Just spit it out already," I laughed, not knowing what was coming for me.

"I... we... Sekyung-ah and I are dating."

My eyes widened, and my hands started shaking incontrollably. My heart was thumping too fast on my fragile chest, and my lips quivered. "Hyung," I started with pain-filled eyes, "you're ... dating?"

"Yeah!"

I blinked back tears. "I'm happy for you, hyung," I croaked, and he gave me a hug, one of the last ones he was to give me.

 

And I'm feeling sorry for me.

 

-----------------

 

Okay, comment you Jongkey shippers!