XVII ♕

100 Days with Kim Hanbin !
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I received mixed reactions. Hanbin's eyes forming a crescent shape as his dominant feeling was openly expressed on his face. Jealousy. My words were burning him, he wasn't having the situation under control anymore. He was weak and vulnerable, looking more like a little boy who's favorite toy had been stolen by another guy. 

Mino's eyes had frozen over like the surface of a winter puddle, robbing them of their usual warmth. He was in there, I knew it, but it was like he just took a huge step back from life. His eyes were targeting me, but his mind was far away. 

As goes for Sumin, every little hope that kept me trying to save our friendship disappeared. I hated her with a huge passion. Her presence buzzed around me like a fly that I could not swat. She had everything she needed to make a guy fall down on his knees in front of her... and then, there was me... a mousy bookworm with no special qualities.

Envy was a good way of saying how I felt about her, the Prima Donna and me, a plain middle medicine student in the first year. 

 

''Oh really? Well, you two would make such a great couple.'' She cracked a smile, trying to customize the fact that she didn’t like the idea at all. It was weird... Basically, she liked Hanbin but she wasn’t happy to hear that Mino’s my ideal type. It was like she wanted all the guys for herself.

Sumin took another sip, trying not to loose all of her lipstick on the rim while she gawked at Hanbin. Her fake smile disappeared once she observed his face expression. His pupils had my reflection into them.

''Hanbin-ah... Are you okay?'' He winced, her words seemed to bring him back from a trance. I held my breath behind pursed lips to steel myself against the gales of laughter that were about to come.

Clearly annoyed by my reaction he started to smirk as he slightly stretched. His arms fell from the back of the seat to her shoulders.

I was playing a game with two sides coin. Whenever he touched her I would feel the pain flooding my chest, ripping off my skin, breaking each bone of my body. Jealousy had no cure, it was like mental cancer...

 

Sumin wrapped herself around him. She gazed through her overly made-up eyes with her cloying vapidity, simpering softly until he said a joke. Then she just giggled like she was a three and half years old child.

I felt disgusted. Then I realised that I don't have to compete with a girl who takes her life directions from fashion magazines, starves herself to be slim and who is more self-absorbed than a tadpole's tail.

I looked at Mino who seemed to be stuck into the crimson of his wine.

''You should eat more, Mino-ah.'' I grabbed a piece of meat with some kimchi between sticks and raised them from my plate to his mouth.

He glanced at me for few seconds, before a weak smile inscribed his face. He didn't reject my offer of feeding him, making it even harder for Hanbin to watch. 
Hanbin fought the urge to scowl, he plastered an ” I don’t care" look on his face but inside of him was running a war... his eyes were still analyzing every single move I was making, intimidating me.

 

I could sense the intensity of his madness filling the air, I was choking with it but there was no way back anymore in this game.
The next subject that Sumin adopted put all of us in an awkward situation.

"I am curious about your previously relationships." The suggestion of getting into the love life topic was probably the worst one for me. She purposeful aimed me, trying to show them how inexperienced I actually was.

"I hardly fall in love with someone." I shortly replied while I started to eat, trying to avoid all the eyes that were turned towards me as I hoped that questions would just stop coming. But, a dog never stops barking that easily.

"Even so you surely had a boyfriend. You are 96 liner and you lived in USA, having a boyfriend seems to be a trend there.’’ Check-point Sumin. She already knew that I never had a boyfriend, yet, she played her role well. Embarrassing me in front of them just proved how thirsty she was to show off her superiority.

I just shook my head, denying it as I emitted a deep inhalation.

 

"

No." I vowed behind gritted teeth.

"Oh."’ I could perceive the satisfaction expressed by the slightest curve in the mouth’s corner.’’How about you, Mino?’’ She rested her chin in the palm, showing a lot of interest in what was Mino going to say.

"I dated someone before I debuted, but it didn’t last. Life has taught me that I have to be my own hero, because sometimes the people

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter