0.5?

singing of you

  “Who is she?” she asked more to herself, as she watched the petite little brunette talking and laughing with Minghao. She tried her best to inconspicuous by watching them from the corner of her eye, while unpacking the food she brought with her.

  Which was why she nearly had a heart attack, when she actually got an answer.

  “Kyung Jin Yi.”

  She jumped and turned to see Soonyoung had joined her at some point to help her. He glanced at her, very much amused, “She’s a school friend of Minghao.”

  “Geez, don’t do that Soonyoung,” Taehee said, hand on her chest all the while shooting him a pointed glare. “It’s rude to sneak up on people.”

  “Noona, I told you,” he said, for what seemed like the hundredth time just this month. “It’s Hoshi now. You have to start calling me by that name.”

  “But I like the name Soonyoung,” she said to him. “It’s adorable.”

  Ignoring his pout, she said, “And she’s still in school? What is she doing with you guys if she’s still in school?”

  “It’s Saturday, she has no class today. None of us has class today,” he pointed out, before smirking at her.

  “So she comes by often?” she asked, watching the two friends laugh together. They must be close.

  “Once or twice every few weeks,” Soonyoung answered. “Mostly to give Minghao his school work.”

  “How come I’ve never met her before?”

  “I don’t know. Why are you suddenly asking all this?” he shrugged, before eyeing her closely. “Noona, are you jealous?”

  She can’t help but scoff at that, “Why would I be jealous? I just wanted to make sure she’s not some crazed fan who managed to slip by security. I mean, she told me she was dating one of you guys. What am I supposed to think? I didn't even know any of you were dating.”

  “She did?” Soonyoung asked, surprised. “Did she say whose?”

  “Nah, she just said he was the cutest one of all,” she said, mimicking the swooning tone of the younger. “You know, she really shouldn’t be here, even if she is a close friend of Minghao.”

  Soonyoung laughed, eyes twinkling as if he knew something she didn’t, “Don’t worry Noona, you’re still our number one girl here.”

  She rolled her eyes, ignoring the statement and the relief that followed.

  “Where are the others?” she asked, changing the subject. She noticed that only the performance team was in the practice room. Not that it was much of a surprise, but usually all of them would be here at this time.

  “I think they’re working on the new song,” Soonyoung said.

  It wasn’t too long after the other members burst in, immediately drawn to the food spread out in the middle of the room. The boys grabbed a bowl or plate each, armed with chopsticks and ready to dig in any food in sight. It left Taehee wondering how long it was since the boys had a proper meal. She got up, letting them have easier access to the food.

  She spotted Jinyi sitting against the mirror, watching the boys curiously with a smile that lit up the younger’s face. Feeling self-conscious, she checked herself in the mirror to fix her hair. She never had a problem with it before, but seeing that there’s a pretty girl in the room, she finds herself fixing her hair and tugging on her top.

  “What are you doing?”

  She didn’t have to turn around to see Sungcheol looking at her, leaning back on one arm, while the tip of his chopsticks. As per usual, he didn’t join in as much when the boys bicker and fight for food, not when he already grabbed his own share.

  “Nothing.”

  He didn’t look like he believed her, but decided to shrug it off, “Tell your Mum, thanks for the food.”

  “You know, she’s been asking if you’re planning to ever drop by,” Taehee told him, sitting down next to him. “Or are you too busy with your new girlfriend to do so?”

  The corner of his lips twitched, as he asked, “What makes you think I have one?”

  Taehee nodded to the pretty brunette who smiled graciously at Jisoo who handed her a small bowl of noodles, “She told me she’s dating one of you guys.”

  “And you believed her?” he asked.

  “Well, she’s in the room, isn’t she?”

  He laughed lightly, “You’re in the room, but you’re not dating any of us.”

  She rolled her eyes, and hit his arm, “Come on, be serious. Tell me whose girlfriend is she.”

  “I can’t tell you that,” he told her.

  “Why not?” she demanded. “What? You two sworn to secrecy or something?”

  He quirked at her amused, “No, because she and her boyfriend which is not me, made us promise not to tell anyone before they do it themselves.”

  “Wait, you all know?” she asked, surprised. “Even Soonyoung?”

  “Yeah. We're a team now," he said, as if it was obvious.

  “That lying bastard,” she muttered, glaring at the young performance team leader.

~~~

So I’m having a bit of trouble deciding how to separate the chapters. I have the ending and all planned out, but how I should separate them is another thing.

The way I see it there are two choices ;

By member ; one member per chapter where Taehee asks her ‘suspect’, This could end up with the chapters being short though. But this guarantees the appearance of all thirteen members.

By instinct ; simply follow whatever flow – which will make this story a bit messy. This might provide longer chapters but not all members will appear.

Again, not beta-ed. Forgive my mistakes.

xx thanks for reading c;