You Should Have Said Something

You Should Have Said Something

"Jessica, you know that she knows. Stop denying the truth."

Jessica stared at the words on her phone, "Seen at 9:38," Sunny's words ringing through her ears. She sighed before dialing Tiffany's number. "Hey Tiff, we need to talk like right now, please."

"Um...Alright?" Tiffany said before hanging up.

Jessica climbed off her bed, got dressed, and drove to the shop Tiffany worked at. She nervously pulled open the door and stepped into the club-like milk tea shop. 

"Hi there Jessi! Long time no see," Tiffany grinned as Jessica carefully stepped inside the shop. 

"Hey..." Jess mumbled as she walked up to the counter. 

"What would you like today?" Tiffany asked, her natural barista side kicking in as she logged into the computer and waited for Jessica's order. 

"The usual." Jessica stared blankly at the menu behind the blonde & brown ombre haired girl. 

Tiffany chuckled, "Jess, do you mean the "Whatever you recommend," usual or do you actually order a specific drink here when I'm not working?" 

"Dunno, anything. You decide." 

Tiffany typed in an order and stared at the expressionless girl. "Jessi, is everything alright?" 

Jessica sighed, "We need to talk, please." 

"Alright. Just let me tell the staff in the back." Tiffany said as she disappeared behind the black curtains of the shop. She appeared from behind the curtain and walked over to where Jessica was sitting. The two went outside and sat on the chairs in front of the shop. The shop was surprisingly empty today, compared to how crowded it usually was. "So... What did you want to talk about?" 

"You knew, didn't you?" Jessica said, getting straight to the point. 

"Knew what? What are you talking about Jessi?" Tiffany stared down at her hands.

"Don't play dumb Tiff, you know damn well what I'm talking about," Jessica growled. 

"Fine Jess, fine. Yes I do know, I knew you liked me, alright?" Tiffany admitted. 

Jessica's eyebrows furrowed, "And you didn't say anything about it. Why? How long ago did you know that I liked you?"

Tiffany sighed, afraid that any wrong answer might end their many years of friendship. "A-about 5 months ago? I didn't know how."

"You knew for 5 months and you didn't say anything?!? You played along and pretended that everything was fine. You played with my feelings. Why Tiffany? I thought we were friends." 

"We are friends! Jessi I was scared, I didn't know how to tell you." 

"NO WE AREN'T TIFF. WE AREN'T FRIENDS. YOU SOMEHOW FIND OUT I LIKED YOU, IGNORE MY MESSAGES AND ME FOR 3 WHOLE MONTHS. You even got with RJ," Jessica breathed out the last sentence, afraid that her voice would waver, "How are we friends if you can't even tell me that, if you can't even properly reject me. You knew all this time. You knew and yet you didn't say jack s**t about it. You knew, yet you still played with my feelings, you flirted. God damn Tiffany, you freakin flirted with me. Why? Was seeing how utterly head over heels for you I was, fun? Did you like seeing me suffer everytime I came here and you called RJ to come? You knew. You f**king knew all along. You knew I would have given you the world, you knew I would have done anything for you, you knew, yet you still played me like a fool. You should have said something."  

"I'm sorry Jess..." Tiffany stared guiltily at her hands. 

"Don't be. It was a stupid mistake, falling for you." Jessica mumbled as she stood up and walked towards her car. 

"Wait Jess, your drink," Tiffany called after her. 

"Keep it, toss it, burn it along with our friendship, I don't care anymore." Jessica got in her car and sped off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One year later~ 

 "Babe, I need to get ready. The store is gonna open soon." Tiffany brushed the hair off her lover's face. 

"Urgh, what time is it?"

"10, you shouldn't have stayed up so late, Jessi." Tiffany sighed. 

"I wanted to. I couldn't leave you here to clean up the shop on your own," Jessica sat up and rubbed her eyes. 

"I know, thank you babe," Tiffany smiled and placed her head on Jessica's shoulder, "So, what did you dream about? You kept on frowning in your sleep." 

Jessica chuckled, "I was dreaming about the time I confronted you about me liking you." 

"Oh god," Tiffany rolled her eyes and laughed. 

"You know, you should have said something." Jessica leaned in and kissed Tiffany's forehead. 

"Yeah, I'm really glad I did."