final

Burning sooth

How could he just drop that bomb?! No. Like seriously. Literally dropped a bomb. A freaking bomb! And where the hell that kid even got one?

Well, Mir did drop another bomb. This one figuratively just before Mir actually trying to blast him with a real bomb. Mir had said, "We got new email and you have to settle that alone." And yeah... Mir dropped the 'real bomb' after the 'word bomb'. However confusing that might be.

Coughing, Seungho tried his best to block the smoke from entering his airway and insulted his lungs. His eyes were already teary thanks to the thick smoke after the explosion.

He looked up with his blurry eyes when he heard chuckles from the tall giant rock located strategically in the middle of the open field in this forest. "Yah! Are you trying to kill me?" He wheezed out raspy and raw, trying his best to walk out of the thick smoke. 

Mir cackled, shifting his foot on the rock he was standing on just to find a rather more comfortable position. He nodded in approval when Seungho rolled out of the thick smoke. Now he could see the other boy clearly. Still in one piece... "No. I'm helping you practice." He answered innocently with sly smile.

Seungho gawked up at Mir. "You threw a ing bomb at me!" He shouted.

Mir grinned and took out another small round-almost oval dark grey thing from his back. Another explosive. Mir laughed quietly to himself when Seungho obviously stiffened. "It's yellow eyed demon this time." Mir said, and bit off the switch and threw the small explosive in harsh motion towards Seungho. Another loud explosion shook the forest. "Still alive there?" Mir asked casually.

Seungho coughed a lot more and rolled out of the thick smoke. He was disheveled with gray soothes dirtying his clothes and skin. "S-stop that!" He managed between his cough. He always wondered if deep inside, Mir was really meaning to kill him. Mir never seemed to really favour him alive. He was mere bait for demons in Mir's eyes. So much for hoping to be a partner.

"Stop what? You need to practice." Mir replied and jumped down from the huge rock, making his way towards his friend.

Seungho collected himself to stand up on his own two feet as Mir get closer to him. "This isn't practice. You want to kill me!" 

Mir pursed his lips and his brows pulled together. He looked a bit unpleasant at Seungho's words and he sure didn't hide it in his tone. "Why would I kill you princess? I love you too much to kill you that easily."

Seungho narrowed his eyes. Should he be grateful to Mir's words or should he felt sick at the hidden meaning of how Mir wanted him to face a torturing death instead of easy ones.

"Just kidding princess. Don't get all too guard up." Mir chuckled and slung his arm around Seungho. He pulled the other with him.

"Where the hell did you get those handbombs?"

Mir looked weirdly at Seungho. "I made it myself of course." He said it as if it was the most obvious thing ever. "Don't tell me you never make a bomb..." Mir said, mockingly...

Seungho scowled. "What are you? A terrorist?"

"Dear my beloved princess..." Mir tightened his hold on Seungho, pulling his friend closer in a side hug and said those words lovingly. Too lovingly that it was a bit too scary. "As in our profession, you should at least have ability to blow a city up. Okay?" Mir pulled away but not before patting Seungho's back with satisfied smile on his face as if he had just taught Seungho a very admirable thing. Which was really far-fetch from the truth.

Mir was dangerous. And completely abnormal...

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

Yellow-eyed demon... So, Seungho's first official job was this demon. Mir had given Seungho a few lesson on the enchantment that always ended up with Mir throwing explosive on Seungho each time Seungho made a mistake in re-reciting the enchantment. Seungho was kind of amazed at himself for still having all his limbs and head attached in one piece after so much explosion he was trapped in.

Mir sniffed as he glanced up at Seungho who was walking further away with a sling bag on his shoulders. He didn't really notice how five months flew away so quickly. "Kid nowadays grow up so fast." He breathed out like a distressed father. 

"Stop acting like Seungho is your son." Mr Bang scowled at his one and only son.

"Princess is my son!" Mir retorted, though his face was dead serious, it would take more for Mr Bang to fall for that act. It hard to see Mir's serious side. "Can he handle it though..." Mir muttered, not looking worried though, with a comic book in his hands and he was reading through it instead of watching the leaving Seungho.

"Are you attached to him already?" Mr Bang tested, arching his brow at his son.

"I'd prefer killing him myself than letting any of those demon take his soul." Mir said casually, shrugging his shoulder. To any other normal person, those words were very much sounded twisted. Mir was a bit twisted if fighting demon still didn't prove it. But in his twisted way, he did care.

Mr Bang patted on Mir's shoulder. "Don't get too attached." He reminded before getting back into the house. Mir followed after but not after chancing last glance to the now empty street.

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

Seungho gritted his teeth and cradled his bleeding arm. Damn! Damn it all! This yellow-eyed demon was far more dangerous than all of the bombs Mir had thrown at him. First, this creature was more accurate. Second, the fire and explosion was far stronger than the bombs. And third... Well... He didn't want to admit it, but the nerve got to him. He was slightly unfocused without Mir to lead him.

"Seungho." A hushed whisper was caught by Seungho's ears as he was hiding in the bushes, eyeing the creature in front of his eyes. The demon couldn't detect him, thanks to the bracelet Mir had forced him to wear just the night before. "Seungho!" Another hushed whisper, this time a bit louder.

Seungho narrowed his eyes, seeing three dark shadows hiding not that far from him. It took him a while to recognize them, but when he did, his eyes widened that his eyeballs almost dropped off to the ground. "You guys!" He almost shouted in shock but quickly gathered his senses. Looking carefully towards the yellow eyed demon, Seungho took a silent run to where the other three were hiding. "What the heck are you three doing here?" He harshly whispered with dangerous look in his eyes.

The other three swallowed and fidget under the burning glare until Sanghyun was the one to speak first. "We... We're actually the ones giving Mir information about this demon."

When a deep frown made way to Seungho's features, GO continued the explanation. "We are Mir's informers. Well... Since two months ago."

"How come I not know about this?" He inquired, and hissed when Sanghyun started to tie a piece of cloth over his bleeding arm.

"Actually..." Joon voiced out, albeit a bit timidly. "Mir asked me to be the informer, saying I have the eyes to see those demons." He said in a small voice but suddenly straightened his back and glared at both GO and Sanghyun. "But these two idiots here practically begged to be my partners. So... That's how we're here. Where's Mir?"

"You guys are his informers yet you don't know he pass this job down to me?" Seungho asked back incredulously.

The three blinked and looked at each other before their eyes fall unto Seungho, looking at the blonde with a suspicious look.

"What?"

Sanghyun shrugged. "Nothing... It's just that, I can't believe he let you handle such powerful demon."

"I can't believe myself too." The four boys shrieked, sounded almost girlish, at the new voice came from behind Joon. Joon was the one who was startled the most that he fall from his crouching position onto his hands and knees since that voice was so close to him. A familiar chuckle followed after and there was Mir with all his glory, crouching there, of course, with half-eaten apple in his hand.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Seungho lost it and pointed rudely to Mir whom nonchalantly took another bite of his apple. "Don't tell me even your father is here. While at it, why don't bring all of your girlfriends here too?" Seungho groaned in annoyance, rolling his eyes. This was supposed to be his solo mission. What was the use of it if these four were here too?

Seungho facepalmed when Joon mumbled something close to, "I have too many girlfriends and it would take a bus to take them all here." while being helped up by GO from his fallen state.

Mir smirked in amusement. "And here I thought you miss me as much as I miss you." He teased and his smirk widened when Seungho shot him his infamous glare and almost pouted. "I'm here just for the show. I promise I won't get involved." Mir finally answered, shrugging. "And maybe you want to get ready." Mir added while puckering his lips as his eyes looked past Seungho's shoulder.

Seungho widened his eyes slightly. "Don't tell me..." He trailed off and turned back in his position. Of course. The yellow eyed demon was standing there, behind him. Touche. 

The demon looked exactly like an ordinary human, a pretty girl at that, except her glowing pair of yellow eyes. It smirked down to the five boys who was all shocked being found, except for Mir of course who actually whistled at the sight of the pretty demon.

"Found ya~" The demon sang song creepily and opened wide its mouth. There was reddish orange light came up from and Seungho and Mir knew what to come.

Seungho grabbed Sanghyun who was crouching the closest to him and leapt out of the bushes while Mir just stood up and kicked both GO and Joon on their back, until those two almost flew out of the bushes, rolling pathetically towards Seungho and Sanghyun. Mir, himself, just jumped lightly and using the cut tree bark near there to hold him away from the fire shot from the demon's mouth.

"YAH! CAN'T YOU TREAT MY PRECIOUS BODY MORE GENTLY?!" Joon scolded from his position on the ground while GO could only groan in pain.

The demon turned its head towards the four boys, ignoring Mir who was standing on the other direction. It decided to take care of the four gathered boys first. But just as it was about to exhaled another bout of burning fire like a dragon, a half-eaten apple landed square in its open mouth, halting its moves and took it off its guard.

Seungho took that chance and tried to usher all three of his friend into safer hiding place so he could take care of the demon without having to worry about the trio but of course Joon chose to trip on his foot right at that critical moment.

"JOON!" Sanghyun who realized Joon wasn't with them shouted and ly to have to cover his face from the strong fire that the ground in massive destruction.

All three Seungho, GO and Sanghyun gaped, unable to accept Joon was being burned to ashes in the strong fire. "No..." GO whispered. "JOON!" He shouted and almost jumped into the fire if Seungho wasn't there to hold him.

"Tch tch tch... All the drama..." Clicks of tongue and a mocking voice came from a direction, and all the three boys looked up to the tree behind them. Standing on the one of the stable branch was Mir with Joon in his arms, carried in bridal style.

Joon who was at first clinging on Mir's neck with his eyes clenched shut, finally opened his eyes and scowled in displease at the position he was in right now. "Yah! I'm not a girl!" He struggled in Mir's arms which issued amused look from the boy.

"You told me to treat you gently." Mir reminded teasingly, cocking his brow, still looking amused.

"But I'm not a girl!" Joon screeched with reddened cheeks. Either out of embarrassment or out of anger, only the boy knew.

"Fine then." Mir shrugged and jumped off the branch onto the ground, causing Joon to yelp before he threw Joon carelessly on the ground right at the foot of his other three friends. "It's coming." Mir said before Joon had chance to complain even more and took a few steps aside, eyes sharp on the demon who was making its way towards them. The apple Mir had threw was in its hand and burnt into nothingness as its glowing yellow eyes fixed on Mir in rage. "Whoa~ girl... I'm not your opponent." Mir raised his hand defensively before he tilted his head towards Seungho who rolled his eyes. The other three scrambled to hide behind Mir when the demon turned to face Seungho.

Of course Mir didn't come here to help him. What was he thinking? Ignoring the others, Seungho took a step forward, somehow feeling his confidence filling him to brink. This demon... It didn't know what it was going to get for messing with him of all people. "I can handle this."

Mir smirked when he saw Seungho finally looked more confident than from the start of the fight. Yea... Yea... He was here since the start. Watching the fight from the shadow and decided to show himself as he saw how Seungho was still nervous fighting alone. "Aww... Princess... You're so sweet being all timid and nervous without me and suddenly become all strong in my presence." Mir cooed and laughed when Seungho shot him strange look. "Princess~" Mir called again, sweetly after Seungho pinned the demon on the ground but still had to find way through the fire barrier the demon had created around it.

 

"What?" He asked back, irritated but gulped loudly when he caught the savage glint in Mir's eyes.

"If you couldn't kill it, you'll die in my hand." Mir said darkly, murderous vibe radiated from his being, showing how he wasn't playing with his words as he took out a blade from the sheath on his waist and twirled in his hold in threatening manner. Just a second after, he smiled sweetly again, knife still in his hand. "Don't worry. You can do it!" He even winked. But that just made Seungho shuddered more. Mir was just... Dangerous.

"Yah! Stop trying to kill people!" Sanghyun scolded. He was the only one brave enough to actually nag Mir.

Mir pouted. "I have to kill him though, if he really fail."

"You're nuts!" GO shot and hid himself behind Joon who hid himself behind Sanghyun who in turn shot Mir a lazy look.

Mir smiled slightly. "Tell me something new." But as he turned back to Seungho, apparently that friend of his had made his way through the barrier and disappeared behind it. All those practice through the bomb and fire quite worth it. A few minutes later, the fire wall died down, revealing Seungho who was standing over remaints of burnt ground. Some part of his clothes had been eaten by fire and his hand and face kind of smeared by the black sooth. He wasn't scorched at least.

Mir flashed a lopsided smile and put back his knife into its rightful place. Seungho had completed the mission. Meaning... He didn't need to kill him. "Perfect." He whispered to himself as the other three ran to Seungho and fussing over the blonde for any injury and all those unimportant thing human did. Mir just turned around and made his way back in silence.

"Hey!"

Mir stopped and only turned his head slightly, not bother to fully turn or even properly looked back to Seungho who just called out for him. Just a gesture to show he was listening.

"Wait for me. I'm going home too."

Mir gaped. What? Home? This time, Mir his heels and Seungho was already standing next to him. Mir arched his brow. "You have finished your lesson already." He stated inquiringly.

"So?"

They stared silently at each other for a while before Mir finally smile. A lopsided one of course. Slinging his arm around Seungho, he nodded. "Alright then. Let's go 'home'." He agreed and his smile widened when Seungho smiled back at him. Seriously that blonde kid just really hard to show his smile. But Mir wasn't about to point out in case Seungho put back his gloomy mask.

"Yah! Are you two going to leave us just like this?" GO's voice boomed from behind, but Mir could sense the pout in his tone.

Mir simply tilted his head back, still walking away. "Want to visit Jansung? I might be able to show you this cute little shadow demon I just caught and still haven't be able to send it away." Mir offered casually.

"Perfect!" Sanghyun shouted back, perfectly imitating Mir and ran forward to join the two demon hunters with GO and Joon following close. Five of them actually made an interesting team. Weird if not.

 

 

*LOL?*

Kbye (= =")