one

Healing Wounds

Jongin stood, staring into the empty space where Kyungsoo stood minutes ago. Kyungsoo had left; Jongin knows he should have been used to this. Kyungsoo had left many times before, only returning when he needed Jongin to heal him. But Jongin had never been Kyungsoo's permanent. Jongin wasn’t kyungsoo's shelter or his comfort. 

Jongin stared at the emptied out cup, coffee stained its rim and Jongin could see the faint mark that Kyungsoo's lips had left. He sighed, bringing the cup to the sink and dunking it in water before he stalked off to his bedroom, allowing himself to give in to exhaustion. He fought sleep however, knowing full well the nightmares that would ensue the minute his eyes close. Instead, he drifted off into his thoughts, recalling the first time he'd met Kyungsoo. 

When they first met, Jongin had studied every line on kyungsoo's face. The way his brows grew outward and up, the way his lips pulled back to reveal his teeth wheneve he laughed. His eyes creased with every smile; his eyes, they were Jongin's comfort, his safety. Kyungsoo's eyes held a thousand stories, hid a million galaxies, Jongin loved getting lost in them. But as much as Kyungsoo was Jongin's home, it wasn't a mutual. 

Kyungsoo had found his home elsewhere, his comfort had been with someone else. But as long as Kyungsoo hadn't entirely walked out of Jongin's life, Jongin was satisfied. He'd take it. Deep down he knew that if it meant making Kyungsoo happy, he wouldn't mind being Kyungsoo's temporary. He'd let Kyungsoo cut him open because he'd rather feel pain than nothing at all.