Final

And Love is ... ( a 1013 wonkyu story)

Happy belated 1013! 

------------------
Kyuhyun sighs inwardly as he lets himself into the dark apartment. He places his backpack on the floor at its usual place before toeing off his shoes to slip into his house slippers. He looks around and sighs the second time. Yup, he is all alone. 
 
He pours himself a glass of wine, swirling it as he makes his way to the full glass windows which overlooks the Harbour. He takes a sip of the dark red liquid and cringes while it slides down his throat. Why does it taste...so flat...so different compared to when they were drinking it a while back? 
 
 
And he was so excited just one hour ago when the director decided to halt the filming for the night due to the bad weather. Just when he thought they could finally meet after such a long time (cos he already memorizes their schedules by hard) he receives the incoming message from him that he has been called up for an urgent re-filming of some scenes. 
 
 
Probably our fault for taking on so many schedules these few months, Kyuhyun scolds himself mentally as he drains the rest of the wine quickly. He sits crosslegged on their bed and checks his phone before reaching for the remote control. Though he is itching to message the other man, he controls himself, knowing that every minute spent on the phone means less time for face-to-face encounter. And he wants to see him so badly. 
 
 
He flips channels for a while before stopping to view his man's latest reality show being shown on one of the cable channels. The silly show that caused so much trouble. And he knows the other man probably regretted taking on the project, evidenced by his less than enthusiastic response every time he is asked about it. Well, he kept his "I told you so" retort inside and has the urge to laugh whenever someone tries to talk about that show. Looking at Siwon's exasperated expression is enough for him so he tries not to add on to his misery. 
 
 
He stares hard at the floor, furrowing his eyebrows before bending down to touch the floor. Then,  as if hitting upon a grand idea, Kyuhyun quickly changes into Siwon's, no, now his old grey t-shirt and pads to the kitchen. A minute later, he carries a pail and a mop in his hand, and then proceeds to clean the floor. He knows how Siwon is protective of their relationship and hence always cleans the house by himself, not wanting any details of their relationship being leaked out. So he thought he could surprise, no, more like shock the older man by doing the housework for once. 
 
 
He huffs and rests his hands on the mop, taking in the still slightly damp floor. Well, it is a good attempt on his part, he thinks to himself. He never knew it was such hard work to just mop the floor...well...how could he when he would usually be attempting to beat his own game score whilst Siwon pottered around the house. 
 
 
And now, just cleaning inside the wardrobe, to ensure all the dust are gone. Wait. What? What is this? Kyuhyun wonders when he spies an outline of something tucked at the corner of the wardrobe. It looks strangely out of place and he knows the neat freak must have placed it there for a purpose. Is he hiding it from me? Kyuhyun reaches for it, pulling away the clothe placed strategically over it. 
 
 
A glass jar. A glass jar filled with hundreds of folded stars to be exact. 
 
 
Kyuhyun turns the jar around and watches as the colourful stars knock onto one other. His curiosity getting the better of him, he opens the lid and pulls out one star. He stares at it for a moment before unfolding it. And on the piece of paper is Siwon's neat handwriting.
 
K, I just want to thank you for being my reason to look forward to the next day, S.
 
 
He smiles to himself. And then takes another star out. An orange one.
 
K, distance isn't an issue because in the end, I have you, S.
 
 
Shaking his head at Siwon's cheesiness but his heart warmed by what he has read so far, Kyuhyun reaches for the third one.
 
K, When I first met you, I never realised how much you would end up meaning to me, S. 
 
 
Ten unfolded stars later, Kyuhyun bites his lips as his quick mind whirls, trying to put the pieces together. Could it be that? He gasps. Oh. OH. My silly man. My silly precious Won. 
 
 
"Kyu?"
 
 
Siwon smiles widely as he sees Kyuyun coming out from their room. But stands rooted to the spot when the other held the jar out, right to his face. How? He is not supposed to see that now...
 
 
"You are not supposed to see this..."
 
Silence
 
Siwon massages the back of his neck sheepishly while averting his eyes. And of course, Kyuhyun has to come closer to the jar towards him. 
 
"I...you...see...I want to give you this before I enlist...one thousand and ninety five stars and messages...for each night we will be apart till we can finally be..."
 
"You need to write 10 more." 
 
"What?"
 
"You need to write 10 more because I already read them just now. And you should write like 20 more just in case."
 
 
Trust him to request for something like that. Siwon grins and tries to hug a smiling Kyuhyun, only to see the other dodging him. 
 
"For your information...I hate you."
 
Mouth-opened, Siwon wonders if he has heard him wrongly. He furrows his eyebrows and takes a step backward...before Kyuhyun launches towards him, burrowing his head at the crook of his neck. Whatever he says next is muffled but Siwon could make out every single word clearly. He tightens his hold on Kyuhyun and sniffs the mop of messy red hair. He missed him so much. 
 
 
"I hate you for making me love you so much. Choi Siwon. "
 
"Repeat it."
 
"No."
 
"Fifty more stars?"
 
"Hundred."
 
"If you want, I will spend my entire life folding stars for you, Kyu."
 
 
Kyuhyun cups Siwon's face. "No. I want you to spend your entire life loving me...just like how I will spend mine doing the same."
 
And without hesitation.
 
"I promise."