.............

a little poly never hurt anyone

“I’m going to run out of these again.” Minho muttered quietly one evening, putting his small box of condoms away. “You girls are constantly depleting my supply.”

 

Many people – if they ever knew what they got up to – would question and conclude that they were plain old addicts. They weren’t, not really. Sure they wouldn’t say no if the mood was right but just because they were what most would call a “” it didn’t mean all they did was sleep together. Even if that was how it had first started, all of them drunk and filled with unadulterated adrenaline. The coach – younger than many others in the profession – had invited the Captain and Vice-Captain of his women’s soccer team to his stylish apartment to celebrate their first victory in the premier league. Before any of them knew it they had fallen into the bed, touching, kissing, sweating and began what was to happen after each game where they come out on top. Soon, they didn’t even need alcohol to fuel their burning need and although the coach had tried to put an end to it many times, there was just no stopping the two girls who had so easily latched themselves onto his personal life.

 

After several months, though, the whole ed up lust of their relationship had faded down and some nights they didn't even do anything in bed other than sleep - or have an innocent night cuddling and telling each other silly stories. It was fun though and Minho found himself feeling calmer most nights thinking of the girls who filled his apartment with laugher whenever they were there. Some days he would even come home and discover that they had dropped by, leaving snacks in his fridge and a message ended with lip-gloss rich kisses at the bottom.

 

Still, he felt some guilt. These girls were only five years younger than himself and while they certainly weren’t minors, he’d known them since they were. Had he warped them? Were they spending time with him just because he was the only thing they’d had? Was that even healthy?

 

“That’s good though, isn’t it?” Gwiboon asked him, lying on her back completely with arms above her head, small s exposed to the world, cotton sheet barely coming up to her hips. “Most other coaches in the league wouldn’t be getting it as much as you are.”

 

Minho rolled his eyes, but pulled the sheet up over Taeyeon, the youngest of the three already sprawled out on her belly fast asleep. “Well maybe you should buy me a box to compensate for your charity.”

 

Snickering, Gwiboon nodded as she yawned. “Sure, coach. I’ll get the flavoured ones you love so much. Or at least, the ones you like when I use them to blow you.”

 

He gave her a warning stare, but Gwiboon was already dozing off, her eyelids heavy as she fought off sleep. “Just sleep, Boonie. I’ve got some work to do first.” He said.

 

“Work?” She questioned, yawning again as he walked to her side of the bed. “What work?”

 

“We’ve got another game in a week. I need to prepare our game play and training regime.” Minho replied, running fingers through her hair and then cupping her cheek.

“Don’t bother.” Gwiboon insisted, managing to grab onto his bicep. “You can start in the morning.”

 

“Gwiboon.”

 

“Staaaaaaay. I wanna cuddle.” She whined, pouting just so and inevitably convincing the man without much effort.

 

Sighing, Minho slid back into the bed, Gwiboon lying flat for him to climb between the two girls. The moment he was settled Gwiboon aligned herself against his back, curling hands up around his arm and hooking a leg between his, ensuring he wasn't going anywhere. Encouraging her to wrap the arm around his chest, he took her hand to kiss her fingertips and then let it fall to rest against his bicep. Ever so slowly he roused Taeyeon, the younger woman groaning in complaint as she willingly rolled towards him to be huddled against his front, almost purring when Gwiboon’s fingers massaged her scalp for a moment. The three of them fit together almost too perfectly, but Minho couldn’t find it in himself to find fault with such a thing.

 

It was just how it always was.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

“For athletes you’re still the worst at waking up early.” Minho commented as both girls came groggily wandering to the dining room. He stood in the kitchen, already showered and dressed, making some eggs and ham to put on toast. “Sit down, breakfast is almost ready.”

 

“Why are you so dressed up?” Gwiboon commented, noticing that he wore a suit coat over a dress shirt. “Going somewhere special?”

 

“I’ve got a meeting at eleven and I’m meeting school friend’s for lunch after that. I can trust you both to find your way home safely?” He asked, giving them both a hard stare. The last time he'd left them to their own devices in his apartment he'd returned to them still there, lounging in the living room watching a Disney movie he didn't even own. 

 

“Yeah, probably.” Taeyeon replied, yawning with hands stretching into the air. She wore one of Minho’s hoodies, the bottom of it reaching mid-way down her thighs – but with her arms raised he could see a peek of her black underwear. Gwiboon was in one of her own shirts but hadn’t bothered with much more than underwear as well. 

 

They were so comfortable in his home it was almost relaxing for him to see, though in the back of his mind he also knew how dangerous that was. It had been over a year already. They’d won a grand final the previous year and were working towards their next one, could they really continue acting the way they did? He was already aware that some of the girls on the team were catching on – if their winks or comments were any indication. He was worried for the girls, what it could mean for their team if this relationship was to become public. If anyone already knew and it was why he’d received the call for a meeting that morning it could mean a termination for the team, or for him. Or both. The reason for the meeting was left unclear, when usually he was informed of exactly what was up for discussion, which is what raised his concerns. He didn’t dare tell the girls of these concerns though. While they never really cared about what other’s thought, he knew that if their careers were at stake they might become very worried and that was the last thing he wanted.

 

 “I mean it girls.” Minho warned them, bringing them their breakfast. “I expect to come home and find you’ve gone back to your own. You spend way too much time here.”

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Taeyeon replied absently, taking a large, unladylike bite from her buttered toast, the yoke from the egg on top seeping towards her lips.

 

“Just go to your meeting, Minho.” Gwiboon said, leaning up for a brief kiss to Minho’s lips. “We’ll take care of things here.”

 

He gave them both a sceptical look, but accepted another kiss from Taeyeon who runny yoke from her lips before pursing them in his direction. “You’ve got it down your chin too, honey.” He informed her before quickly leaving before she could ask him to it off.

 

And she did, just as he was closing the front door.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

The meeting hadn’t been anything but menial and trivial and although he had been relieved, he was also left with a long boring hour to kill. So, Minho wrote out the regime he wanted the girls to try that week in preparation for their next game, adding each detail seeing as he had the time. Finding new ways to challenge them was becoming a challenge in itself, but he enjoyed it nonetheless and the girls never seemed to complain when he reused old training techniques. In fact, they enjoyed going back to the favourites and it kept their morale high between games.

 

Once the meeting was over with he met with his school friends for lunch. In fact, they were all old soccer friends as well, people he had played alongside with when he was in high school and in the early years of his professional training. While he enjoyed seeing his old friends, he would never admit to them how difficult it was for him to pretend that hearing about their careers wasn’t in anyway bittersweet. Each and every one of them still played professionally and the fact that he’d had to hang his boots so soon into his own career to take another path had shattered him. Remembering those days was the last thing he wanted to do with his day. Sure he could step out onto the field and show the girls on the team how to execute a particular kick or avoidance manoeuvre, but it wasn’t the same as dashing onto the field and competing with a team.

 

By mid-afternoon Minho couldn’t take much more of the conversation and excused himself, muttering about meeting with his team, promised he would meet with them more often as he did every time he saw them, and drove home as quickly as he could.

 

Upon entering his apartment, Minho couldn’t even complain when he saw that both girls were still there, sprawled out on the lounge. He didn’t say a word to them, just sighed and headed for his bedroom, wanting nothing more than a long hot shower to calm himself down. One of the girls called out to him, but he ignored her, not wanting a conversation at that moment.

 

He was lying in bed when he woke up, alone and covered in a blanket he didn’t remember pulling over himself, the sounds of cooking coming from the kitchen and soft spoken conversations from the two girls who were still not supposed to be in his apartment. With a glance at his side table he realised it was well into the evening, so he blinked a few more times and sat up.

 

“Oh, you’re awake.” Taeyeon commented, standing in his doorway. She looked like she’d showered recently with her damp hair hanging down over her shoulders. “Come on, Gwiboon made food.”

 

It took him a few long moments to drag himself out of bed, groaning and rubbing at his eyes as he wandered to the dining table, sitting down at the head of the table. “What are you two still doing here?” He asked, unable to make it sound like he was completely unhappy to see them.

 

Gwiboon scoffed as she placed a bowl of rice down in front of him with a plate of marinated meat and vegetables. “Don’t be so ungrateful. I just slaved for over an hour to make this for you.” She informed him, looking much too proud of herself as she went back to the kitchen where Taeyeon was putting kimchi on a small plate. “And besides, you looked like you could do with a good meal instead of ordering take out.”

 

“And we both know Gwiboon’s meals are the best.” Taeyeon added, joining Minho at the table, taking the seat to the left of him.

 

Shrugging, Gwiboon walked over with the last two plates of meat. “I just know the basics, enough to keep myself from starving.”

 

“Taeyeon’s not wrong.” Minho agreed, seeing how Gwiboon’s eyes narrowed at the younger.

 

Gwiboon only huffed, joining them at the table. “Whatever, just eat before it gets cold.”

 

They ate mostly in silence, aside from the sounds Taeyeon made as she ate, forever messy and chewing with open. Gwiboon scolded the girl for her bad manners, but nothing changed the way Taeyeon acted so eventually even she gave up, muttering a “why do I even bother” before she continued eating. The moment Minho had the first spoon of food he realised just how hungry he was and before long he had finished before the two girls, rising from his seat in search of more.

 

He was scooping some more rice into a small bowl when Gwiboon appeared beside him, her hand on his bicep. Without even looking he knew she was staring at him, her gaze careful, but deeply concerned. “I’m fine, Boon.”

 

“Yeah, right.” Gwiboon stated with a roll of her eyes. “You’ve never ignored Tae and me before, especially when we’ve blatantly ignored you. That and you slept for a few good hours without even moving.” She pointed out.

 

“We’re just worried about you, coach.” Taeyeon added, sliding her hand around his other bicep as she joined them. “You’re not acting like yourself.”

 

Gwiboon nodded in agreement. “You can tell us, you know. You listen to us ranting and raving all the time so you can totally unload onto us when you need to.”

 

“It’s nothing important, girls. Really.” Minho assured them, raising a hand to pat Taeyeon’s cheek and turning his head to nuzzle the tip of his nose against Gwiboon’s hair. “Don’t worry about it.”

 

Although the women eventually let the subject drop, Minho could still feel their stares of concern throughout the evening. Even as they watched through a whole soccer game – one that was between two of their rivals and would dictate a possible opponent for the next week – and then a movie the girl’s picked out without asking his opinion.

 

By the time the credits were rolling, Taeyeon was against Minho’s side, lathering the side of his neck with open-mouthed kisses, one arm around his shoulders, finger’s linked with Gwiboon, other hand palming over the coach’s chest. Gwiboon had joined her quickly, claiming Minho’s mouth with her own, the fingers of her free hand guiding his chin in her direction and keeping him there. As Minho was beginning to hum, easily falling into the rhythm of the actions, a hand finding purchase around the waist of each woman, Gwiboon stood on her knees, turning a little more to slide a knee between Minho’s thighs.

 

“You’re so tense today, coach.” Gwiboon whispered, voice low and smooth.

 

Taeyeon hummed, agreeing wordlessly. “And we thought it would be in your best interest to let us help you relax.” She breathed, the words spoken directly into his ear.

 

Chuckling, Minho brought a hand to each of their chins, kissing them in turn. “Then perhaps we should move this to a more comfortable place, hmm?”

 

Both the women agreed, eagerly climbing off Minho and tugging him to his feet. They had a lot planned for the evening and getting started couldn’t come soon enough.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Gwiboon brought her head forward, staring down at Minho as he panted, trying to catch his breath. Her chest heaved too, slowly sliding off his hips and his limp , sitting back between his legs to admire the view. Aside from the completely spent Minho, Taeyeon lay beside him, only her knees were near his head, thighs still trembling after straddling his face, his tongue working all kinds of magic on her. Taeyeon gave Gwiboon a dazed, but pleased smile, rolling onto her back and reaching a hand in her direction, one that Gwiboon gladly took, linking their fingers.

 

“That was fun.”  Taeyeon muttered.

 

“Hmm.” Gwiboon whispered. “Do you wanna sleep?”

 

Taeyeon nodded, and then groaned as Gwiboon helped her to sit up, only to sigh in contentment when Minho guided her back down, lying with her face up by his shoulder this time. With a fond smile, Gwiboon brought the quilt back up from the edge of the bed where they’d shoved it earlier, sliding up on the other side of Minho and bringing the quilt with her.

 

She settled down, the quilt covering all three of them, her body aligned to Minho’s, his bicep the perfect pillow. “Do you want to tell me what happened now?” She asked, one finger tracing a circle at the centre of his chest. “Because you really seemed shaken when you got home. Taeyeon was really worried. And I mean, more so that she expressed.”

 

While his first thought was “this is home for you???”, Minho set to answering her real question. “Truly, I was only overreacting.”

 

“Then tell me.” Gwiboon insisted.

 

Sighing, Minho turned his head towards Gwiboon, ducking his chin a little despite the angle to kiss her shoulder. “I saw some school friends after my meeting and… as much as I love seeing them it’s very… hard… You know that I was aspiring to be a player before my injury. They all got the career I never had. And as silly as it sounds, it’s like a slap on the face to hear them talk about their success… It’s stupid.”

 

Gwiboon shifted closer – if that was even possible – and shook her head. “It’s not stupid.” She stated firmly. “Feeling upset about it isn’t something to be ashamed of. You’re a great man and I wish you could have had the career path you chose.” She told him, though she chuckled softly. “Even if it would mean that we wouldn’t have met.”

 

“Nah, a handsome professional soccer player like me? I’m sure the both of you would have tracked me down.” Minho told her, eyes glancing to Taeyeon who was already dosing off on his other side.

 

“No, Minho you don’t get it. I wouldn’t have pursued a professional career in soccer if it hadn’t been for you being the coach.” Gwiboon explained.

 

Stunned, Minho stared at her, eyes wide. “I… don’t understand.”

 

“You’re an amazing coach, Minho. No other coach can teach and motivate a team like you can. My coach before you, he was dull and boring and he followed sheets of paper and advice from his text books instead of finding his own way around a problem. You put all coaches to shame Minho.” She said. “And I’m not just saying that because I sleep with you.” Minho chuckled heartily as Gwiboon grinned. She slid her fingers through his hair, yawning as she relaxes completely against him. “Really, Minho. I really mean it.”

 

He kissed , soft, but direct. “You must be tired. Go to sleep, Boon.”

 

“And I’m not here, we’re not here just because you’re the closest man to us. You’re the closest man to us because we chose to know you. I mean… we love you, Minho.” Gwiboon confessed. “We’d have never stayed in this relationship if we didn’t.”

 

“I…”

 

“She’s not lying, coach.” Taeyeon mumbled, rising just enough to rest her cheek against Minho’s shoulder, bleary eyes staring straight at him, tired smile on her lips. “We love you, we love each other. Nothing more, nothing less.”

 

Then, in mere seconds, Taeyeon was asleep again, causing both Gwiboon and Minho to chuckle.

 

“And in case you hadn’t noticed, Tae and I have basically moved in. We barely leave anymore.” Gwiboon added, fingers curling into a fist on his chest. “We didn’t exactly plan on it, but it just… happened. We feel happy here.”

 

Minho kissed her forehead, shamelessly sniffing her hair, the fragrance warm and familiar. “Then maybe you should move in. No point wasting rent at an apartment you don’t live in.” He suggested.

 

“Really?” Gwiboon muttered, eyes beginning to droop.

 

“We’ll discuss it in the morning.” Minho insisted, touching forehead to hers. “Sleep.”

 

There was a smile on Gwiboon’s lips as she dozed off and Minho savoured the way it graced her face, just as Taeyeon’s soft lips graced her own. How, somehow, the two women sharing his life had changed his mind. For the longest time he’d believed it wasn’t possible to love two women the same amount.

 

And yet, they’d proved him wrong in all the best ways.