Insecure

Insecure

           

 In subway crowd was over flaming, it was rush time everyone wanted to reach on time without thinking about others. Emotionless machines were running for their daily duties which were actually meaningless but knowing all the truth still they were running like crazy.

Two innocent brown orbs was looking all it nervously from his big glasses, biting lips hands clutched his bag tightly

 “It’s okay, all right , nothing will happen, just calm , just clam yourself”

That teen trying to take long breaths to calm himself, he was still hesitating to go forward. He was regretting his decision, cursing his schedules & fate which was always made difficult situation to him.

As Train came all people rushed towards it, as it was 10 am all office workers were going to office, no one wanted to get late so they were pushing each other to get access into train.

Minho gulped nervously & took initial step, he didn’t want to miss this train, he was already late for his class. Finally he shut his eyes & took long breath .......&...... entered into crowed.

His hands were sweating as he clutched it more tightly, crowd were pushing & pulling him which was making him uncomfortable & insecure.

Finally after so much of struggle he entered into train & door closed, crowd was still pressing him, he just wanted to shrink at one corner away from everyone’s touch.

Sweat was dripping from his face, he got starlet every time when he touched by people. Eyes were constantly watching everywhere trying to avoid every possible contact.

Though all people were busy with their work ignored the pity condition of teen boy some are really fox under the disguise of humans. Some were smirking & making fun of Minho’s condition.

One of them put his hand on Minho’s back, Minho tried to push out his hand but that man was persistent, and slowly he started to make circles on Minho’s back side, his hand was going down side. Minho freaked out & stepped back bumping to other person.

He was constantly bumping to other person getting hits & shouts, tears were on wage on falling from his eyes, lips were trembling in fear; the small bag of lunch box fell from his hand scattering on floor crashing below crowd’s feet.

There was sudden panic attack, he never experienced this type of situation, as he had phobia of crowd & confided spaces, he always like to avoid crowdie places, lifts or small space. It was unavoidable so he took subway but in that also he chooses 7 am train which had very less people like only 3 to 5 people in his compartment.

Today he overslept because he decided to do extra homework at night & helped his cousin to compete his project. Now he was cursing his cousin & himself, he was shaking feeling all sudden dizzy, his vision was blurry. He couldn’t stand properly & he lost his balance but someone gently caught him.

When he opened his eyes he was still in train, he blinked his eyes tried to open it clearly. All he saw first was a bright & gentle looking boy was smiling at him

“Are you awake? How are you feeling? Are you okay?” that boy was asking him with concern.

Minho nodded, he was feeling better, crowd was minimise a bit, he was sitting at one corner seat with that boy but that boy had put a comfortable distance between them.

That boy handover a water bottle to Minho & he gulped it , wiping his face he said thank you to that boy.

“Jinki , Lee Jinki....my Name & yours?” that boy flashed a heart warming smile to Minho which was indirectly making him calm & comfortable.

“M..Minho, Choi Minho” Minho bowed to that boy.

“I see you daily, in the same compartment but at morning time, but today you are late like me...we also have same station to get down” Jinki said

“O...oh really, I never saw you” Minho replied with surprised

“ How can you? you never look either side, always head lowered sitting at corner, never talked to anyone ...very quiet” Jinki said taking back his bottle from Minho.

“Ahh I don’t like to talk much...& I ...h..have..p...” Minho was hesitating

“Phobia!! Touch phobia, crowd phobia confined space phobia ...right?” Jinki said offering him some chocolates.

“How do you know?” Minho was surprised, he was slowly getting back.

“Don’t be scared, I observed you daily, every time anyone touched you flinched. You also avoid talking to anyone, there is always stress on your face....hmmm it’s not big deal to me...so it’s okay” Jinki again offer chocolates & smile gently which was unexpectedly made Minho calm.

Minho took one chocolate hesitantly & chewed it as his throat went dry, It was rare that he was talking to any stranger that long but Jinki was not seems bad or strange to Minho on the other hand he was feeling very comfortable with him.

“Are you feeling better now” Jinki asked with concern, Minho nodded.

When Jinki saw that Minho was normal & calm he started the further conversation

“I’m university student, doing research in Botany, what you do?” Minho was starlet with sudden question & got it very late.

“Ahhh, me ? I’m first year of my college but my interest in photography.... nature photography”  Minho tried to smile weakly.

“Oh wow ...so I’m your hyung, I also like nature photography, I don’t do but I like to watch, mostly flowers, landscapes” Jinki moved closer to Minho.

“Really !” Minho asked him innocently , someone first time taking interest in his liking.

“Yes, show me your photography ....please” Jinki was so near to Minho, it was the distance Minho only put with his family members & friends.

“O..Okay...I will show you next time” Minho said making eye contact with Jinki.

“Promise” Jinki put his hand forward

Minho was staring at Jinki’s hand, he never done shake hand with other people as he never trust easily strangers but he wanted to trust Jinki.

Slowly he forwarded his hand & Jinki took it gently in his hand, normally Minho got flinched due to any new touch but Jinki’s hand was warm & nice & Minho liked it.

“We are now friends right?” Jinki grabbed Minho’s hand little tightly but Minho was okay with it & he nodded with genuine smile.

Jinki checked his watch “Oh our station is near, we have to be ready, it’s not like our daily near empty compartment, its rush hour” as soon as Jinki said it Minho understood what he was saying.

Minho got uncomfortable as he saw much crowd was entering to their compartment; nervously he was chewing his nails & shaking his legs.

Jinki got it & he put his hand on Minho’s thigh stopping his shaking, Minho looked at Jinki who was smiling at him.

“Don’t worry, I’m with you” Minho was feeling so calm, Jinki’s honey like comforting voice & gentle simile giving so much energy to him.

Jinki stood up taking Minho’s hand in his hand, Jinki took lead to make ways in full crowd, he was acting like shield for Minho who was behind his back.

They reached near door area , as usual people were pulling & pushing each other as station  came near, suddenly some people were pushing Minho from back, in that all rush he got separated by Jinki, it was making Minho nervous, in this panic stage Minho closed him eyes but soon someone grabbed him .

Jinki grab Minho by shoulder & put him near compartment wall, he was facing Minho both hands shielding all crowd from him, and it was like he was very close to embrace Minho.

Minho opened his eyes & saw Jinki face in front of him, his worried & scared expression turned into soft, he tightly hug Jinki, he was scared.

Jinki was surprised but he could understand Minho’s condition so he patted his head gently with his one hand & making comforting circle on Minho’s back with other hand.

Minho was feeling much secure & comfortable in Jinki’s embrace, this touch was not scary but he wanted it more.

As station came all crowd were stepping down in rush, Jinki very skilfully pull out Minho from crowd.

As soon as they came out Minho took long breath of relief, Jinki again patted Minho’s hairs

“Don’t worry Minho, it’s over now, you can go to your college” Jinki said with smile & he waved off.

Minho was happy to meet Jinki, watching his back he shouted “Will you come tomorrow also? At morning train?” Minho wanted to meet Jinki again.

Jinki turned back  & smile“I’m always there for you”

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope you like this story plz comment if you like it^^