Chapter 2

I Need You

It hadn’t taken long for Jinki and Jonghyun to meet the parents, or parent in this case, of their son’s best friend. Their best way to describe him was open. The man was full of pride for both himself and his son, and it wasn’t bad, they had just never met someone with so much confidence in their life. Jinki even more so, had been so amazed meeting someone who didn’t seem to struggle with indecisiveness like he did.

 

Kibum had no problems with who he was, had no care for what the rest of the world had the say about him, and he had been raising his son to do the same.

 

Jonghyun noticed it within the first few years. Minho would often bring his own toys along for play dates and they weren’t always the typical toy trucks or action figures that boys played with. Sometimes he’d bring over his tea set and have them do a little tea party. Other times he’d bring over a couple Barbies to use. Usually he didn’t bring anything and they spent their time playing house, pretending to be a married couple and taking care of each other. Sometimes Taemin was the wife, and sometimes that was Minho’s role. They hadn’t thought much of it, not even when Kibum mentioned it as they sat in the living room chatting while their kids played together.

 

“I’m glad that Minho met Taeminnie. They’re so cute and Minho really needs a friend like him.”

 

“What do you mean?” Jonghyun asked. Jinki only listened, because he had his own theories; none of which he wanted to voice though.

 

“I’m sure you’ve noticed that Minho isn’t exactly the typical ten year old boy. It’s landed him in quite some trouble at school throughout the years,” Kibum replied. Jinki hummed and Jonghyun sat back against the couch. “Other boys usually don’t agree with how Minho is and like to pick on him for it. So I’m glad he’s met Taemin.”

 

“Well, Taemin isn’t the most social child. We’re happy that Minho seems to get him to open up.”

 

Not much was said on the subject after that. Kibum left a while later seeing as Minho was going to sleep over that night. They watched a movie before bed, making sure the boys both showered and brushed their teeth before they were off to bed.

 

The never did mind sharing Taemin’s little bed, and Jinki always had the hardest time waking them up for breakfast; they looked so cute all cuddled up together.

 

It wasn’t much different when Taemin slept over at Minho’s house. They still played the same games with the same toys. The only difference was that at Minho’s, they played dress up too, because Minho’s closet had more variety.

 

Kibum never held back when it came to buying Minho his clothes. If Minho found something he liked, even if it were a dress or skirt, he’d buy it for him. Taemin always marveled at Minho’s collection. He was a little smaller than Minho, but he always wanted to try it all on. He remembered the first time Taemin had seen Minho’s things. He’d looked up at him with those pretty little eyes and asked, “Isn’t this for girls?”

 

And he gave the boy the same answer he had given his own son long ago:

 

“You shouldn’t care if it says it’s for boys or for girls. If it makes you happy, use it.”

 

That was the first time Taemin put on a dress.

 

Every once in awhile, Taemin would come over and put on a dress or a skirt. Sometimes Taemin would say that he wasn’t in the mood for it, and instead would try on some of Minho’s soccer jerseys and jeans. He laughed when Taemin comes stumbling down the hall one day, dressed just like Minho when the boy was off to his soccer practices, even brushing his hair the same way. Minho would either put on a matching outfit or just a random thing he put together. Once, he had shown up in a dress with jeans and sandals and Kibum fixed that outfit as soon as he saw it.

 

He sees it early on, but he doesn’t know how to tell the boy’s parents. Taemin was a reserved little child, just as Minho had been years ago, but Taemin was different. Minho simply didn’t care if something was for boys or girls but Taemin seemed to favor one more than the other on some days. Sometimes Taemin would say that he wasn’t “in the mood,” as he would put it, to put on a dress, and other days Taemin would be shyly asking him if he looked pretty in his tutu. He didn’t want to think much of it. Taemin was only an eight year old child still learning about the world, but he had his suspicions, which he chose not to mention to Jinki or Jonghyun. Taemin was their child and though Kibum had his gut feeling, he felt as though this was something to deal with when Taemin was older. If he was right, then Taemin should be the one to explain it to his parents when he was sure of himself.

 

Jinki had noticed a few things though.

 

He simply assumed that Taemin was learning from Minho, to not care about gender roles. He thought it was nice, that Taemin was learning that both genders were equal and were both capable of using and doing the same things. Taemin didn’t play with whatever made him happy because whether something was originally made for girls or boys shouldn’t matter if it made him happy to use it. Of course, Jinki supported the idea, and Jonghyun did as well. They both liked the idea, and they learned from how Kibum taught Minho so that they could do the same for Taemin.

 

He just wasn’t sure how far he would let it go. He had seen Minho wearing a skirt once, and although he wasn’t going to say anything against it, a part of him hoped it wasn’t a habit that Taemin would pick up from the other.

 

 


 

Minho had learned early on that gender didn’t really matter to him, not after his father had explained things to him at least. He’d learned who his real friends were fairly soon too, because the ones who didn’t mind the way he dressed were ones he would could keep. Others just weren’t worth his time. It wasn’t like he hadn’t given them a chance though; he just wasn’t the type to deal with much conflict.

 

Out of all the people he talked to though, he could only really say that Taemin was the one who understood. Taemin didn’t care what he wore, and Taemin joined him sometimes. It was easy to see that Taemin wasn’t that different from himself, even if others couldn’t see it because of Taemin’s general behavior. He kept to himself unless he found someone good to latch onto and thankfully that person had been himself. Taemin was always with him, and he was always with Taemin. It was how they had been since he was six and it was how it was now that he was sixteen. Taemin was still his closest friend because they understood each other better than anyone else could, and he was the only one Taemin told everything to, and vice versa. Because Taemin wasn’t the way everyone assumed he was and Taemin was too afraid to tell anyone about it.

 

Taemin wasn’t different. Taemin was just as normal as the rest of the world but it was something Taemin failed to see on their own, and since Minho had noticed it, he had taken it upon himself to help them. Because Taemin was always there when he needed them and he was going to help Taemin now. Now when Taemin was only fourteen and too young to get a job but Minho was old enough and he’d earn some money for them. So that he could buy Taemin whatever it was that they wanted so that they could really be the way they wanted to be.

 

“Hey Tae?” he called out. Taemin sat beside him, face buried in their book as they hummed to let him know they were listening. Minho smiled at his little friend, nudging them a bit. “Why are we still sitting here?”

 

“Because you were too lazy to get up earlier and I didn’t mind because I was and still am reading.” Except Taemin wasn’t reading anymore because Minho could clearly see how Taemin’s eyes would flicker up between him and the book. Taemin was distracted now, he knew.

 

“Yeah but I’m not feeling lazy anymore and this uniform is feeling stuffy. Let’s go to my house and change and then eat out or something. I got my paycheck yesterday, my treat.”

 

“It’s always your treat,” Taemin replied, finally nudging him back with a smile. Minho grinned at them and got up, dusting off his pants and offering a hand down to the other. Taemin’s smaller hand slipped quickly into his, and Minho didn’t take much time in pulling them up.

 

“Shall we go my prince?” he asked with a grin. Taemin smiled and shook their head, though Minho knew it wasn’t at the offer.

 

“Not today,” Taemin said quietly.

 

Minho smiled and leaned down to kiss her hand. “My princess then. Let us go on, our chariot awaits!”

 

“What chariot you loser? You don’t have a car yet so we’re walking.”

 

“Must you ruin my fun? I have my permit and dad said that once I got my license we could go look at some used cars so get off my case. Now get on my back, you’ve challenged me and now I am the chariot.”

 

“Then you lied. It’s not our chariot; it’s my chariot. Now let’s go, my faithful steed! Off to the castle!”

 

“So technical with things, geez. You’re such a smarty-pants but you can’t seem to focus in class at all. And here I am, great grades because I work my off in class and you’re just going by like it’s the easiest thing,” Minho complained.

 

“It’s not my fault. We can’t all be as great as me,” Taemin replied. Minho promptly dropped her onto her feet there, tossing her bag at her too.

 

“You’ve angered the chariot and now you must walk.”

 

Taemin didn’t really seem to mind. Minho let himself drop his act and smile as soon as Taemin purposely bumped into him as she passed by. And they continued like that; constantly nudging each other until Taemin seemed to have had enough and rammed a finger into his side. Minho cringed into himself, but returned the attack full force until Taemin was sprinting away from him towards his own house. He opened the door for her, and Taemin rammed another finger into his side for his cheesiness when he pushed the door open and gestured for her to go in first with an exaggerated bow and a monotonous, “We have arrived, my lady.”

 

“You’re such an ,” Taemin said, going straight for his closest the moment she stepped into his room.

 

“My Lord, you’re only fourteen, where have you been learning such vulgar language from?” Minho teased, knowing full well that he had been the one to get Taemin into said habit.

 

“You taught me.”

 

“Well I’m clearly a terrible role model. Go watch some SpongeBob or something. Go back to being an innocent little child,” Minho replied.

 

“Do you know the amount of inappropriate and ual jokes are in that show?” Taemin asked.

 

Jesus, nothing is safe anymore!”

 

“Basically. So would you rather I be a little ert or swear?”

 

“I’m pretty sure you’re already like, half a , so I think you might as well go watch those cartoons,” Minho said.

 

“Okay, I see. I think I’ve firmly grasped the situation,” Taemin teased.

 

“Please get out of my house; I’m still innocent.”

 

Taemin snorted while she continued searching through Minho’s clothes, trying to find something that suited her tastes. It was generally it was easy to find something simple, something that wouldn’t draw much attention, but sometimes she simply felt like she wanted a little more, and Minho was fine with that. Minho wasn’t the same, but he wore whatever he felt suited his own personal tastes, and Taemin was thankful that Minho understood, at least to some degree, her situation. It had gotten to the point where Taemin would keep some of her own clothes in Minho’s closet, given the fact that Minho was a size or two bigger than him and Taemin preferred to not have to constantly lift up her jeans when they started falling.

 

“How about the high-waist ones today?” Minho asked, lifting up a pair of jeans to her.

 

“For me or you?”

 

“You, ; I already know what I’m wearing,” Minho said, pointing to the clothes he had thrown onto the bed. “So what do you think? Yes or no? You can just wear any old jeans and random shirt too.”

 

“Sure, I don’t think I’ve worn these yet,” Taemin replied, taking the jeans from Minho’s hand. Minho smiled and threw a shirt in her face next, grinning mischievously.

 

“Good because I already picked out a shirt to go with it.”

 

“You’re weirder than I am,” Taemin commented.

 

“We aren’t weird. We’re completely normal no matter what anyone else says. And it’s not my fault I have better taste than most people; Dad wouldn’t allow me to not.”

 

“Where is he anyway? He’s usually around after school.”

 

“Probably still at work. I think he’s been taking extra hours lately,” Minho said. Taemin hummed and started changing, peeling off her uniform. “Blue looks nice on you.”

 

“Oh, I’m the ? You’re over here commenting on a fourteen-year-old’s choice of underwear and I’m the ?” Taemin asked, clearly teasing, but Minho huffed anyway, playing along.

 

“I was not commenting on the choice, I was simply making an observation on the color you little .”

 

“Have I flustered you?”

 

“I take it back. You look like in blue. You should wear black, so that it’ll match your soul,” Minho said.

 

They kept changing after that, barely bothering to sneak a peek at the other. They had been friends since childhood, and at that point, some dangling parts weren’t really much to be flustered about anymore. Taemin had gotten used to Minho’s openness, and adapted to it quickly if only due to Minho’s continuous insistence that she didn’t need to change in the bathroom, or that the bathroom was to be shared because if he had to take a piss while Taemin was in the shower then Taemin was most certainly going to leave the door unlocked for him to be able to do so. There was no such thing as privacy between them anymore.

 

And Taemin didn’t mind it one bit. She didn’t feel bothered when Minho chose to walk right in while she was sitting on the toilet because Minho insisted that he needed a shower in that moment and Minho didn’t even flinch when Taemin walked in on him peeing.

 

There was only one secret between them and it was one Taemin wasn’t sure she could ever tell, not even properly to herself.

 

She smiled when she saw Minho’s outfit; a pair of shorts–which were quite short if she had to add– and a regular t-shirt. Minho had always been one for simplicities, much like herself of course, and quite different from his father. Still, she liked the choice, carefully adjusting her own shirt when it slipped a little too high for her comfort.

 

“Isn’t this top a little too short?” Taemin asked. Minho looked over and scoffed.

 

“Tae, it’s covering the top of your jeans, at least. It’s big on you if anything, I mean, it’s a crop top and it looks like a regular shirt on you. Damn, how small are you?”

 

“I’m not that small, stop judging. I’m still growing too, whereas you’re time is almost up,” Taemin replied.

 

“You will never be taller than me Taemin, mark my words, you will not surpass me,” Minho said.

 

“I’ll take that as a challenge.”

 

Taemin still complained about her shirt, saying that the straps were too thin and the shirt was too short until Minho had no choice but to toss a cardigan at her face to get her to shut up.

 

Minho remembered the first time they had done this. Taemin had told him her secret, not that it was much of a secret in the first place. Minho had always had his guesses. But at the time, Taemin was confused, and scared, and Minho knew it was his job to guide the little twelve-year-old child that hadn’t felt right. That had been the first time Minho had forced Taemin to go out wearing a dress, because Taemin wasn’t sure how she was but she said that she felt nice and pretty when she went out in that dress. And the next day when they went out, both wearing regular jeans and a loose t-shirt, Taemin had felt just as comfortable.

 

It had taken him months to convince Taemin that was there was nothing wrong with her. She was completely normal; at least to Minho’s own eyes, and in retrospect, Minho liked to think that was the only opinion that really mattered.

 

Still, he needed Taemin to feel comfortable with herself, and that hadn’t been easy. There were various sleepovers spent with Taemin’s tears begin spilled because she hadn’t felt natural and Minho wondered how exactly the thought had even crossed her mind. He helped her. He spent hours upon hours searching online for anything that could best describe Taemin’s situation and when he found it, he hadn’t hesitated in shoving her face right in front of the screen and showing her that she wasn’t the only one that felt like this. She was completely normal.

 

They learned together how it all worked. They learned how to properly address everything so as not to cause any problems between them and they were fine. They worked through it as well as anyone could. It wasn’t a mystery anymore and it didn’t feel like they were walking on eggshells.

 

Now, almost every Friday, Taemin would sleep over and they’d go out. No matter how Taemin was feeling, they’d go out and they’d have fun because there weren’t any rules against that. There was no reason they had to stay at home and act like they weren’t allowed outdoors. Sometimes he’d go play some soccer out in the park. Sometimes they’d head over to the arcade center in town. Other times they’d just walk around aimlessly because a little fresh air was never bad.

 

And they were fine however it was they did it. However Taemin was feeling didn’t change how they spent their day. If a week before they planned to go get muddy on the soccer field and play one-on-one, they’d do so no matter what Taemin was feeling. That was the great thing about sports; it was genderless no matter how anyone tried to stereotype it.

 

Sometimes they’d go to the mall because Minho felt it was time to upgrade their closet and Taemin didn’t mind getting a few new things either.

 

And today was one of those days when the mall was their destination because Minho wanted something new and Taemin was hungry, so the food court was her goal. Minho wouldn’t deny her some food either because he was never one to turn down a plate full.

 

Minho texted his dad to let him know, and they were out of the house as soon as they were done changing to wait for the bus. Taemin stuck to his side, mainly to hide herself from other people; she didn’t have to say it and Minho didn’t have to ask her to figure it out. Taemin wasn’t confident in herself, but Minho decided that he’d be confident enough for the both of them until Taemin could be confident on her own. Minho didn’t mind it too much, taking a little satisfaction in Taemin being so close to him, because he wouldn’t admit it but Taemin was more than just his friend in his mind, though exactly what she was, was something Minho could never quite put his finger on.

 

Taemin was holding onto his arm as she got on the bus, never once leaving his side and Minho wrapped an arm around her so as not to lose her in the crowd of people. There was always the regular ert lurking somewhere and Minho wouldn’t take chances when it came to Taemin.

 

They were more casual then one would expect, not that Minho minded in the least. A hand on Taemin’s waist or right on her hip wasn’t an odd occurrence and even after constantly being shaken off, Minho never really could get over his little habit. Taemin had gotten used to it fairly quickly though.

 

Two stops later and they were getting off with a couple others, heading right through the double doors. The mall was heavily crowded, given that it was a Friday after school hours. Taemin was happy she didn’t see anyone from school there. Minho didn’t mind, but she did. She didn’t want anyone else knowing her secret just yet.

 

“We’re getting food first right?” Taemin asked.

 

“Yes princess, I shall give you your feast soon.”

 

Taemin laughed and pushed him a bit. Minho was probably the only person she’d allow to get away with calling her “princess,” or “prince,” or even “your Majesty,” on those other days. She figured that if it were anyone else, they’d do it to mock her, but Minho was doing it simply for her own comfort and for that she was thankful. She had picked up on Minho’s quirks as they grew up, his own little ways of making people feel better, and they helped for the most part; a slip up or two was excusable. No one was perfect, of course. Still, Minho was considerate of whatever she wanted and if at any moment she asked Minho to stop, she knew that he would.

 

It still didn’t change the constant anxiety she felt. Minho eased it a bit, yes, but he couldn’t take it all away.

 

Minho was only one person in the world and she just wasn’t ready to face the rest.

 

Minho was her comfort zone, one that she couldn’t get away from. Minho gave her every sense of security he possibly could. It was easy to tell that she needed Minho more than Minho needed her. She survived because Minho was there to support her, not from her own work, and it was a massive blow to her pride. Minho had enough confidence to walk out of his own home wearing a crop top and shorts with his head held high and Taemin felt like she could barely even walk out with her school uniform on and feel comfortable. Minho didn’t need her at all, and it was only by the goodness of his heart that Minho put up with her. He had the choice to leave at any moment, and so far he had chosen not to, by some strange miracle.

 

And even though she could bring up the topic, she wasn’t going to. It was selfish, she knew, but was couldn’t risk losing her comfort.

 

She clung to Minho’s arm, letting the elder lead her through the crowd of people to get to the food court. She could feel the veins in his arms under her fingertips, knowing that Minho had recently started spending some time at the gym, or at least trying to. As far as she knew, he was going for runs. She figured she could start doing the same too, she probably should, but she also didn’t feel the need to either. She was fourteen; she could wait a few years before caring about muscle mass.

 

“So what do you want to eat?” Minho asked as the entered the food court.

 

There were so many options that Taemin supposes she should have thought ahead, but she hadn’t. She looked up at Minho expectantly, hoping for him to have an idea, and smiling sheepishly when Minho tapped her head. “You don’t even know, do you?”

 

“My stomach wants food, it didn’t bother specifying what kind of food,” Taemin said replied. Minho smiled, taking her hand now and leading her through the crowd once more.

 

“Well, what does your stomach say about pizza?”

 

“My stomach quite likes the idea.”

 

She didn’t allow Minho to go up and get the pizza alone, because knowing Minho; he’d pick the worst toppings. It would be something random that he was craving and Taemin was sure her stomach wasn’t going to put up with it. They were getting a regular pepperoni pizza and that was the end of it.

 

They sat down a few tables away from there, taking their time with their food. Minho insisted on staying clean but Taemin didn’t mind getting her hands dirty with a little pizza grease; Minho was just being the neat freak he usually was.

 

They didn’t take long. Minho was rushing a bit and Taemin was too hungry to not stuff down her first two slices. Taemin liked to purposely mess with Minho and get a little sauce on his face and Minho got right back at her by pressing his cold drink to the side of her neck. They tossed out their plates, still walking around with their soda cups in hand as they made their way into the first store. Minho didn’t hesitate to drag him towards the first rack of clothes; pushing anything he didn’t deem fit off to the side.

 

“Be honest with me Taemin, what do you think of these shorts?” Minho asked, holding up a pair of ripped shorts.

 

“Don’t you think it’s a little, I don’t know, revealing?” Taemin asked back.

 

“Then someone gets a show, I guess. Come on Taemin, stop thinking about everyone else and focus. This is about what we like, not them,” Minho replied. He put the shorts down, no longer interested and continued looking.

 

“Yeah, but what they think is what actually gets us accepted, doesn’t it?”

 

“What’s the point of being accepted by others when you can’t accept yourself?” Minho asked. Taemin flinched a bit and lowered her head, knowing Minho was completely right. Minho sighed next to her, reaching an arm around her. “I know it's not easy, and I’m not expecting you to just wake up one day and suddenly be okay with it all. But I need you to understand that you aren’t alone here. I’m here for you and I accept you, even when no one else will. I’ll still be here Tae, so I need you to understand that who you are isn’t a problem. The problem is the people who can’t see just how great you are.”

 

“I know,” Taemin replied, “I get it, I do. But it’s still hard Minho. I wake up one day feeling normal and the next I wake up like this and I’m not even sure which bathroom I’m supposed to go into.”

 

“First of all,” Minho said, “You’re completely normal, and if I have to tell you again, I’m shoving your little out of that window over there.”

 

Taemin cracked a smile, knowing Minho was joking.

 

“Second, if this is your way of telling me that you have to go pee, the restrooms are down the hall to the left and there’s a family bathroom you can use if you feel more comfortable with that. If you’re talking about school, then I honestly don’t know what to tell you Tae, I really don’t. I wish I did though.”

 

“It seems like you do know everything,” Taemin said.

 

“But I don’t Tae. I’m still learning, just like you. I’m not all knowing, I’m just confident.”

 

“But I’m not,” Taemin whispered. She looked up at him, and Minho could see the tears b. “I’m not confident and that’s why I need you. You’re confident for the both of us because I’m not strong enough to be.”

 

“Oh Taemin,” Minho said, bringing Taemin into his arms. He cradled Taemin’s head to his chest, rubbing her back comfortingly. “I’m not as strong as you think, and you underestimate yourself. There’s nothing for you to not be confident about.”

 

“Can we just go?” Taemin asked. She tilted her head up, talking quietly. “I’d rather just hang out at your house today and play some video games or something.”

 

Minho smiled down at her and nodded. “Yeah, we can go. I’ll even let you beat me at Just Dance too, and we’ll watch a movie after.”

 

“You’re not letting me beat you; you just at dancing. How about we play some Mario Kart or Brawl so that you actually have a fair chance?” Taemin teased. Minho shoved her away before grabbing her hand and leading her out of the store.

 

“Nope, we’re definitely playing Just Dance now you little , and I’m beating you this time. Here I was trying to be nice and you ruin it. Now get your pretty little moving; it’s game time.”

 

“Wow, that’s the second time today that you’ve complimented my . You really are a ert,” Taemin said.

 

“I will never compliment you again, you ungrateful child.”

 

Taemin laughed, because Minho was still holding her hand and trying to look mad, but Taemin could see his lips twitching upward.

 

 


 

Kibum smiled when he heard the door open. Minho walked in first, followed by Taemin close behind. By his clothes he knew what was going on today, no doubt Minho’s doing. He smiled at them, waving lightly from his seat at the counter. They smiled back, Taemin taking a seat right across from him and Minho sitting right beside Taemin after getting them both drinks.

 

“Hey dad; how was work?” Minho asked him. Kibum shifted a bit in his seat, but his smile didn’t falter.

 

“It was fine; just a few difficult people to deal with, as usual. What about the two of you? Where did you go off to?” he asked.

 

“We went to the mall, ate some pizza, and came back to play some games,” Minho replied.

 

“And you didn’t buy anything?” He noticed that neither of them had bags with them. He saw Minho look over to Taemin who sat quietly with her head down at the question.

 

“We didn’t find anything we liked,” Minho said. Kibum nodded, knowing that it wasn’t true, but he wasn’t going to ask for more given Taemin’s awkwardness. “Do we still have popcorn?”

 

“Yeah, I think there’s a few bags left,” Kibum replied. He got up from his seat, taking his dishes with him and putting them in the dishwasher. “I’ll leave you two alone now. Any dishes you use are going in the dishwasher. And Taemin?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“You look very nice today, sweetheart.” He walked over to her to give her hair a quick ruffle and a kiss on top before hugging his own son. “You too Minho,” he said.

 

“Thanks dad.”

 

He smiled one last time to the both of them before retreating to his room, closing the door softly behind him as he entered. He let the smile slip from his face as he paced around the room, eyebrows furrowed and lips pressed in a thin line. As happy as he was that Taemin had figured things out, he couldn’t help but wonder about her parents. Jinki and Jonghyun weren’t bad, and they certainly wouldn’t hate her for it, but they certainly wouldn’t take it lightly either. He had noticed their looks when Minho had worn a skirt as a child, or when he, himself had worn some fairly short shorts. They didn’t seem completely okay with the idea, even if they hadn’t said anything about it. Taemin didn’t generally dress particularly feminine, unless Minho got his hands on her. If that were the case, then Taemin was subjected to whatever Minho had in mind, like a dress up doll.

 

It was easy to see how Jinki and Jonghyun hadn’t caught on yet. It wasn’t like Taemin changed in anyway, and her clothes would never give anything away unless Minho purposely dressed her in a way that would. Taemin was still the same child they had raised, and it worried Kibum slightly that they could possibly judge her for the way she was.

 

And even though he didn’t want to keep secrets from his friends, he’d have to make sure that Taemin’s secret stayed a secret for as long as Taemin needed it to be.

 


Sorry this is out a bit late! I recently got back into hell (anime) and I justing finished a series today, which then stopped me from washing my hair (which I just finished drying). Luckily though, I've managed to post this just because 12, which means its still Sunday and I've kept my promise! Yay!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I'm sure you've noticed by now that the change in pronouns has started. If you're confused by it, let me know. I don't think I've made it very difficult to tell, but I also didn't want to outright reveal anything until the final chapter, which I think I'll post on Wednesday or Thursday. 

Well, thank you for reading! Please comment and let me know what you think!!

See ya!