Kiss and Tell

Stay With Me

Bossing around people is not hard but when decision making arises, my dilemma starts. Especially when I find both options good.

Now here enters my manager.

Hiroshi Tamaki, the hot young manager who owns the gallery and manages my art works - at the age of 25 he’s already accomplished. His main job is to scout young artists i.e. myself, to be his main project. I remember him saying that he wanted to help starters like me to make a name for ourselves, meaning more cash flow for him. He did mention of his high hopes in me. So I let him take advantage of me and I leech everything out of him as much as I can.

I met Tamaki sempai, or rather it’s more like he found me in this really cool place where artists hang out. It’s at this small café, since I’m a totally caffeine addicted person and has been a regular costumer, the café owner asked for my portfolio and requested if he could look into my artwork. He wanted to have a new theme for his café the following month. Since I am an eager newbie, I didn’t let the chance pass.

When he saw my work he was squealing in delight.

Oh! Have I mentioned that the café owner was gay? So right then and there he chose one of my best works, placed it in the middle of his newly arranged café and voila! Tamaki sempai saw it, asked the café owner and you can figure out what happened next.

Here I am at my very own gallery show bossing everyone around… including my manager.

“Yo!!! Tamaki sempai!”

I waved my arms to catch his attention from the other side of the room. He looked at me after talking to Matsuda Shota, who’s our current designer, and walked towards my direction.

“What do you want Inoue?”

“How many times do I have to tell you that this…”

I pointed to a piece of art I made in oil pastel.

“…and this…”

I pointed to another piece of art that was made out of acrylic.

“…should never come along together! Are you sure you’re good at being an art manager? You should just go and sit at the corner or write the invitation or something.”

Tamaki sempai simply stared at me and raised an eye brow.

“Who do you think is the boss here Inoue? You or me?”

“Me of course.” I answered him casually, though in reality, he is still my boss.

After that statement, I completely ignored him and I hang up the oil pastel art on the wall where it was supposed to be then took another frame of the same medium beside it.

Tamaki gave out an exasperated sigh.

When I looked back at him, I simply smiled sweetly.

“I know you won’t kick me out Tamaki senpai. I’m your favorite subject right? That’s why I like you so much. You’re not just hot but you’re also patient. I’m just saying… I’m the boss… but you’re still the super boss. “

“Inoue, I don’t know what you got in that head of yours. But I swear if it’s not just because of your art you’re so out of here.”

“Ha!!! As if you’d let me go. You’d give out other reasons just to be with me. I already told you I don’t like dating guys who already has a girl friend.”

I hate to admit it, but this guy already has a girl friend. Meaning he’s hands off and I can’t even seduce him since he’s been such a devoted boyfriend. If only I haven’t met his girl friend I could have snagged him out of her nose.

“Mao, are you still trying to get into my boy friend’s pants?”

As if on instinct Aoi appeared in the gallery carrying a bentou.

How sweet of her… when will I ever bring someone a bentou? (Well of course Toma’s not counted. Those bentou’s I bring him are from Erika.)

Tamaki senpai’s Aoi, is quite the perfect girl friend. Smart, beautiful and so ing nice! I can’t just hate her.

“Oi… Aoi-chan. I was trying to dump him. Since he already have you, I don’t get why he still want to have me!”

“You baka... Why would he even try to have you when he already has a charming girl friend like me? Ne Tamaki?” 

Tamaki senpai looked at Aoi then at me. He shook his head in resignation and took the bentou from Aoi’s hand, then motioned at her to follow him.

“Let’s just eat this at the lounge. I think I’m going to have a headache from both of you. Mao… finish up with those painting categories and we’ll meet back in here at 3 pm. Go ask Matsuda to have lunch with you. I’d rather not have your company at lunch too since you’ve been bossing me around all morning. I might choke while eating if you’re beyond my sight.”

Grinning sheepishly I gave a geisha bow-like to him and winked at Aoi. Before leaving she waved and blew a kiss at me then followed Tamaki senpai and looped her arms around his.

I walked over to where Matsuda was looking at a divider set up for the paintings, his right hand at his chin with a small frown on his forehead.

Cute.

I wonder how I look like when I’m thinking.

This is the first time I got to work with Matsuda-san so I better build rapport if I wanted him to design for my next gallery show. If ever I get another one.

“Why so serious?” I asked while I stood closely at his side.

“I’m visualizing.” He answered casually.

“Alright! Stop visualizing. I’m starving, let’s go and have lunch.”

He looked at me, head to toe, then at his watch and nodded.

“I didn’t notice it was already lunch time.” He looked at his watch then back at me.

“Me too, if Aoi didn’t come in I wouldn’t have noticed either. So where do you want to eat?”

“Your choice.” He shrugged and waited for a suggestion.

“Yosh!!! I’ll bring you somewhere you would never forget.”

I might as well take this cute guy on a date.

“Nice clothes. I like your stilettos. Prada, right?” He said while gesturing at my feet.

…or not. This guy is gay!!! How the hell would he know my shoes are Prada if he isn’t gay??? I looked at him with absolute suspicion.

“What?” He gave me a questioning look. Matsuda-san has no right to look at me like that! I am the one who should be looking like that.

“Are you by any chance gay???” I inquired.

He suddenly laughed at this statement as if I just made a joke.

“A bi maybe?” I added just incase.

His laugh doubled over.

I looked at his clothes, it was really coordinated as if it came out of a vogue magazine.

A casual black long sleeve, a thin silver necklace with a cross on his neck, with a thin cream colored scarf tied perfectly on his throat, khaki pants with the same color to his scarf and a pair of Kenneth Cole Loafers.

Yeah… he is the biual male specie.

“Honestly… I’m neither gay nor bi. A lot people do give me that suspicious look you have on your face right now, but no. I’m not gay. Sorry to disappoint you.”

I still looked at him suspiciously.

“I could kiss you right now if you want and you tell me if I’m gay-bi or not.”

“Yeah you could actually do that.” I suggested mockingly.

Unexpectedly he did.

He grabbed my waist, cupped my face and kissed me ever so slowly

My, oh my!!! The kiss wasn’t like a fake-smooch-acting-kiss. This was the wet, tongue probing, ask for more kind of kiss. I started groping at his neck when he released me without warning. I was out of breath and he was looking at me slyly.

“Well?”

I was speechless for a second then gave a nod.

“Yeah… Definitely not gay.”

“Good. Let’s go grab that lunch then.” He grabbed my arm and we both walked out of the gallery building.

~To Be Continued~