Top of the Pyramid

Top of the Pyramid

At the Top of the Pyramid

 

Junsu sat on his wide leather couch, television playing some latest Korean drama, but his attention lied solely on the device on the tea table in front of him. Seconds passed, minutes passed, and it wasn’t until an hour later that his mobile finally buzzed, screen flashing ‘Eastern Animal Gods’. He quickly snatched the device.

 

From: Evil-Maknae Reindeer
Sorry hyung,Yunho-hyung and I were recording for radio.

 

From: Leader-Bear
Junsu-ah, I think we can’t meet tomorrow after all.
A new schedule came up in Japan so we are heading to Tokyo in the morning. 

 

Junsu pouted unhappily as he read the messages from HoMin in the group chat. There goes his plans to spend time NOT-alone… His brother was in Japan, his parents were traveling in Thailand, his friends are either busy with schedules or have already made plans to travel. 

 

His holiday came suddenly, when his manager told him three days ago that the photoshoot trip to Okinawa has been delayed as the director had some family issues to deal with. So here he is, bored sitting at home. He spent the first day playing games, another day catching up with dramas and movies, but he could not stand it anymore. He, needs, company!

 

Bzzzz…

 

From: Umma-Cat
Sorry Suie, 
The press conference took longer than expected.
Yunnie! You’re coming to Tokyo?
Let’s meet up!

 

The dolphin rolled his eyes. Good for YunJae, bad for me. He typed into the group chat, half annoyed, ‘Jaejoong-hyung please text Yunho-hyung privately and don’t add salt on my lonely wound!’

 

Feeling abandoned, Junsu tossed the phone to the side and leaned back on the couch, body splayed strengthlessly. 

 

There’s actually one more key reason as to why our cute dolphin feels abandoned, and that’s because of one Mr. Forehead-Goat, Park Yoochun. The said baritone had been busy with his new drama filming, again. He hasn't replied the group chat, nor Junsu’s texts, and most of the time, he doesn’t even pick up his phone!

 

“Stupid Park Yoochun! I swear I’m going to kick a soccer ball at your large forehead the next time I see you!” Junsu picked up his cup of coke with lemon, and started stabbing the piece of lemon with the spoon. “Stupid! Stupid! Forehead! I curse you gonna lose all your hair by 50! No, 40! Bald on stage! Bald and singing ‘The Empty Space for Junsu’!”  

 

His phone started buzzing, and Junsu grumbly glanced at the screen, “Speak of the devil…” He slightly pondered on the thought of ignoring the call, letting the other have a taste of bitterness, but he couldn’t bear to deny his beloved boyfriend, and so slowly dragged his arm across the couch for the device.

 

“…What do you want?” He hissed. It was noisy on the other line, and it took a few seconds until a familiar baritone greeted him. “Hey Junsu! Did you call?” 

 

He tried to hold in his patience, reminding himself that Yoochun is just too busy, too busy and tired and is not in his right mind, “That was yesterday morning, Yoochun-shi.”

 

Another second of background noises until Mr. Forehead-Goat chuckled, “Sorry baby, the filming schedule was very tight yesterday and then I got so tired at the crew’s gathering dinner!”

 

His patience was running very thin by now, two words pulling strongly at the edges; gathering?! dinner?! Hell! He had tried calling Yoochun at least once a day no matter how busy he was and whether he is half way around the globe or not! And the stupid goat is saying he forgot to reply to his calls AND texts because of a dinner gathering?! 

 

Junsu threw in a mental anchor to keep the thread of restraint in-tact, and said through clenched teeth. “…I see.” 

 

“Yeah~ So what’s up?” I wanna throw a hammer at your head what’s up!

 

“Nothing, I just called you to tell you about my sudden holiday. I’m free for the week, because the photoshoot got delayed.” Junsu’s free hand started playing with the corner of his hoodie, lips slowly pulling into a pout. 

 

“Oh… That’s good!” The duck sighed. It’s useless. His oblivious boyfriend doesn’t understand what he wants. Strangely, he could pick up all the tiny hints of Jaejoong’s emotions, but not his. It doesn’t matter seeing how busy his drama filming is. “Never mind…” 

 

Yoochun should have noticed the disappointment and sadness in Junsu’s voice, should have. “Junsu-ah…” A shout was heard from faraway on the actor’s side, and Yoochun quickly changed his tone, cutting off from whatever he was about to say. “Sorry Su, director is calling! I’ll call you later okay?” 

 

Before he managed to answer, the line went dead and he finally snapped, “Yah! Park Yoochun!” Junsu screamed in his lonesome home, scaring his cats and letting them to scramble around the living room. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Stupid Yoochun! I hate him! I hate him I hate him I hate him!! Who is his lover? Well definitely not me! He has more love for his dog than me! More love for Son Hyun-Joo than me! For Yoon Eun-hye! Or any one of his beloved casts of all his dramas! 

 

A seething Junsu kept yelling as he drove his million-worth sports car out of the parking lot. Ends up the forehead has not called after the abruptly ended phone call yesterday evening, leaving a steaming dolphin to now stomp to his drama set for one sole purpose: show him who’s the boss in the relationship!

 

He wore his tightest jeans that shows off his round ily, tears revealing a little too much skin for Yoochun’s liking. Deep V-cut black tank top, white leather coat, red sneakers, and an expensive looking sunglasses to top it off, he looked every bit of the super star, and seductive vixen he plans to be today. 

 

I’m going to pretend he’s no boyfriend of mine! I’m going to eat strawberry in front of him! And ice-cream! And chocolate! And he’s going to come begging me for some and I’m going to slap him and kick him and walk away and show him just who he has been ignoring for the past few weeks! 

 

Actually, the amount of contact between the two have not really been noticed when Junsu was busy with his schedule, but now that he is free, his boyfriend’s lack of attention towards him seemed unreasonable and unforgivable. 

 

Too soon, he arrived at the drama set and parks his car aside with all the other staff cars. Checking his appearance one last time with the rear-view mirror, he ran a hand through his gel free red hair, grabbed the bag of food he bought for the casts, and stepped out of his car. 

 

Show time Junsu!

 

He cooly flicked his hair away from his eyes, and confidently strolled forward, cat-walking and greeting the staff with a bright grin. The sun matched his smile, the wind blew his hair slightly, and here comes Ms. Korea Junsu! 

 

“Hey Junsu-shi!” Yoochun’s manager greeted him cheerfully. Junsu waved at his direction and settled the heavy bag onto a wooden table behind the filming crew. 

 

“Yoochun is still filming, but he should be done with this shot soon!” The dolphin nodded in acknowledgement and sat down next to the table gracefully. “It’s okay, I can wait.”

 

He pulled out his phone and started going through his social media accounts, checking for fan updates and news. Purposefully, he took off his sunglasses, clinging it on his tank top, crossed his legs, and then opened his jacket wider, displaying his lithe body fully. 

 

“Junsu!” A smooth baritone rang and he snapped his head up from his phone. His boyfriend was walking over in his drama suit, handsome as hell, and Junsu involuntarily swooned at his sunshine smile. The actor hugged him tightly the moment he was in reach, whispering huskily next to his ear before planting a secret kiss on his neck, “Hey baby.”

 

Junsu was in a melting mess within seconds, breath taken away, “Hey…”

 

Yoochun released him from his embrace and joyfully said, “You should’ve called to tell me you were coming! I would’ve picked you up at the parking space!” 

 

Aww… He’s so sweet… 

 

Junsu shook his head violently to snap himself out of his daze. This is not why he came here. Mustering strength and determination, he cooled his voice and face, “I’m not three. I can walk here myself. It’s not that far.”

 

The actor pouted, “but I wanted to be the first to greet you…” 

 

The dolphin hard-heartedly waved him off, lifting his chin in the direction of the bag of food he brought. “I brought food. Eat.”

 

“Ooohh! Fried chicken!” Park Ha-Sun clapped coming up behind Yoochun. Junsu’s eyes narrowed at the newcomer, barely restraining from spitting venom when the forehead of his boyfriend turned to chat with the actress. 

 

“Yeah, Junsu bought them! Dig in!” Who is he to tell people to ‘dig in’! I bought them! 

 

“Don’t mind if I do!” Ha-Sun glanced over at him, sulkingly, Junsu nodded and turned away from the two. The other casts started gathering around the table, and were soon too eating the food he bought.

 

He could hear Yoochun giggling at something one of the casts said, Junsu opened an eye and almost threw his phone to Yoochun’s forehead at the scene. An actor had his arm around Yoochun’s shoulders, while an actress friendlily fed his boyfriend a spoon of rice. Feeling his temperature rise, Junsu jumped to his feet and took a deep breath before doing his best to dance over towards the trio.

 

“Won-Young-hyung!” He felt Yoochun’s eyes look at him while he walked up to Choi Won-Young. 

 

“Hey, Junsu-shi! Thank you for buying the food!” The actor greeted. Junsu giggled back and started chatting with the actor, all too aware of the heated gazes sent his way. It seemed that the others as well as his boyfriend has finally noticed the revealing, tight, and low-hanging jeans he was wearing. Smirking internally, he wriggled his and chirped, “Won-Young-hyung, show me around! I have never been to this part of the city!” 

 

Choi Won-young scratched the back of his head, “I’m not too familiar with here either though. We’ve only been here this morning.” 

 

“It’s okay! At least you have a few hours more of knowledge more than I do!” He was about to loop his arm around Won-Young’s arm before he was pulled back to a warm body. 

 

“Hey Won-Young-hyung.” Yoochun’s familiar baritone was a note lower, hinting at his displease. “Nevermind Junsu, he forgot that I said I will show him around later after all the shooting is finished here.” 

 

Choi Won-Young awkwardly smiled and nodded his head, but before he was able to say something more, Yoochun yanked him away. “Sorry, please excuse us.”

 

He was pushed into a more secluded corner before arms wrapped around his body, and he felt a hand grasping onto the back of his jeans. 

 

“Ow! Yoochun!” Junsu tried pushing the actor away; his boyfriend was trying to pull his jeans up. “What kind of pants are you wearing! I can easily see your -crack!” 

 

“That’s exaggerating! My boxers cover them up properly!” He countered. The hand did not stop pulling while another hand at the small of his back strongly pressed his body closer to Yoochun’s, to stop him from wriggling away. “It’s still too low!” 

 

Junsu stepped on the actor’s foot and jumped away when Yoochun yelped in pain. He crossed his arms and glared at his lover. “What is wrong with you! I like my jeans just the way they are!” 

 

Yoochun’s piercing eyes were taking his entire body in, narrowing in warning at his choice of clothes for the day. “They are too revealing! And your shirt! Pull your jacket together and cover up! You’re showing everyone your chest!” 

 

That’s the purpose, forehead! Hmph!

 

“No!” He barked back. The actor took a step closer, Junsu kicked his shin and ran-off. 

 

“Junsu!” Yoochun called behind him, pain lacing his voice. The dolphin turned and poked his tongue out, pulling his leather coat off. His boyfriend gasped behind him, but he didn’t care. He was having fun.

 

Serves him right! 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

By the time Yoochun returned to the set, the director announced the beginning of filming the second scene. Junsu was sitting in his seat not too far from behind the director, watching the filming with pouted lips. Out of blinded jealousy, he wanted Yoochun to comfort him before anything else, even before returning to his drama. It didn’t help especially when there were so, so many skin-ship between the casts and his lover!

 

Why does she has to touch him during that line?

Why is he touching his shoulder when a NG came up?

Why does the makeup-noona have to be so close when she’s just fixing his makeup?

 

Disturbed by his own possessive thoughts, Junsu pulled out his ipad and loaded up a game to distract himself. 

 

Die! Monster, die! 

 

“Junsu~” A singsong voice reached his ears, which he brushed off without concern, focus on his game. He doesn’t know how long has passed by but currently, he is busy trying to capture this really cute but strong creature to become one of his servant monster. 

 

“Su-ah.” A warm hand touched his thigh, calling for his attention. Not receiving any replies, the hand started roaming up and down his thigh, insistent baritone continued, “Su, Hyun-Joo-hyung is suggesting we go dinner together after the filming. I already said yes, are you coming with us?” 

 

A spark of irritation flared within, but quickly demolished as he concentration shifted back to the cute bunny-like creature in the game. 

 

“Yi-Hyun-noona and Ha-sun are also coming. It would be fun!” Good to know you like spending time without your boyfriend! You already said yes anyway, what differences would my reply make?

 

“Junsu?” Oblivious to the dolphin’s thoughts, Yoochun kneeled down in front of Junsu, chin and hands resting on Junsu’s knee. “Junsu! Why are you ignoring me?”

 

“Shut up. I’m focusing on the game.” He grumbled. He’s sure puppy eyes are intact on the actor’s face, but he dares himself not to look and protect his barricade of indifference. 

 

Black head poked forward to peek at his screen, and he grudgingly pushed the head away. “Just because of that creature?”

 

“Yes. He looks a lot cuter than you do, and I prefer him more now.” Junsu was mumbling but the actor caught it nevertheless. 

 

“That?” A finger pointed mockingly at the screen. “It’s a bunny!” 

 

“Bunnies are good. They are cute, tame, clean, and give you all the attention you need.” Few seconds of silence followed, presumably because Yoochun was trying to work out any hidden meaning behind his words. 

 

“Kim Junsu!” He snapped his head up, annoyed. “What?”

 

A cute smile matched his eyes, and Junsu feels his lips involuntarily twitching, wanting to match his smile with the actor’s. “I have some time now! The next scene doesn’t involve me! Let’s go explore!”

 

He lowered his head back down instantly, “No!” 

 

“Junsu~~~” Yoochun whined.

 

“No~~~~” The dolphin shook his head and body violently, dragging the word out like the other is doing. 

 

“Why~?” The actor picked up his hand, pulling it away from his phone; he swung it back and forth.

 

The heat and warmth of Yoochun seeped through his palm, sending shivers to his whole body. Feeling a blush bloom from his cheeks, Junsu yanked his arm away. “Nya!”

 

In need to hide the redness on his face, he jumped up and backed away from the other. Yoochun must have felt the snap of electricity between them too, because a smirk made its way onto his face. His voice dropped even lower, “Come on, Junsu.”

 

As the actor closed up on him, Junsu twisted his body to the side and barely escaped, setting two safe meters between them. Yoochun’s eyebrows furrowed slightly, unhappy at the defense he put up.

 

“I-I-I have something to do at home! I’m leaving!” The dolphin turned away from the actor, shoving his phone into his jeans. 

 

“I thought you’re off on holiday?” 

 

“Y-yes but I still have stuff to do! Like read my upcoming musical script! Yeah!” At that, without a glance at Yoochun, Junsu dashed away from the set. 

 

Dammit! This was not how I wanted this visit to end! 

 

Junsu lowered his forehead onto the driving wheel, feeling depressed. 

 

And he’s going to eat dinner with his casts! Me back all the way to the back back back of his empty brain! 

 

He pouted unhappily, and sat in silence for a few moments, before he sighed. Sulkily, he the car and made his way home.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

He was still stuck in his depressing mind of mind, even more so as he laid on the couch, watching some Korean sad love story that he himself is not sure what the name was. He had been in this position ever since he arrived back from the set, watching a whole list of movies that he saved in his hard drive now connected to the huge television screen. His phone had ben buzzing, presumably Yoochun texting and calling to say something like ‘I’m off to gathering dinner!’, or ‘It’s so fun here with the casts!’

 

As that, Junsu did not notice the opening and closing of his home door, nor the presence of a certain someone coming up behind him until a hand touched his shoulder and he jerked in surprise. Sitting up abruptly, he sees Park Yoochun smiling at him, standing from behind the couch. 

 

“Why are you here?!” Junsu heard himself squeak even before his brain processed the words.

 

Yoochun chuckled, leaning his arms on the back of the couch, “Why? I can’t be at my boyfriend’s house?” 

 

A few seconds lingered while Junsu tried to load what is happening, mouth still agape from the surprise. The actor’s gaze flowed downwards and he frowned, “Why are you still wearing those clothes?” 

 

He said it with a sense of disdain in his mouth, Junsu was not sure what to reply other than “I like them…”

 

The baritone raised an eyebrow, “I like them too, but you are not wearing them out again.” 

Hmph! Who is he to tell me what and what not to wear!

 

Back to sulking, Junsu turned away from the slightly older, and hugged a cushion tightly to his chest. By now, the actor already noticed something was up with his cute lover. He slowly made his way to the front and sat down beside Junsu, the younger one moving discreetly farther away from him.

 

“Junsu-ah, are you angry at me?” Soft baritone asked.

 

“No!” The reply came all too quickly. Again a few seconds of silent passed by. Finally, Yoochun sighed and stood up. “I haven’t eaten dinner yet. Mind if I cook something?”

 

Junsu did not make any response so the actor took it as a yes and headed for the kitchen, not forgetting to ask, “Did you have your dinner yet?” 

 

The dolphin on the couch still was not willing to answer, and the actor defeatedly did not press any more questions on the other. 

 

Chopping sounds were soon heard from the kitchen and Junsu risked a glance over the couch to see the back of his boyfriend working in the kitchen. Yoochun is no chef, and not as good of a cook as Jaejoong is, but could at least manage a nice bowl of ramun, or from what Junsu sees, a plate of fried rice. 

 

His stomach growled at the thought of food, Junsu pouted and cursed at his responding body. He tucked the cushion tighter towards him, and raised his knees so that they were in front of his chin. 

 

“Junsu-ah, would you prefer kimchi friend rice, or curry fried rice?” His favorite smooth baritone called.

 

“I want Chinese fried rice.” He snapped, just to bother the actor. He was fine with any, really.

 

“…Okay.” 

 

 

“I want eggs and sausage and peas and carrots and corn and diced onion and pork slices in them!” He demanded further in one long breath.

 

“Yes, boss.” He muffled his giggle at the actor’s beaten tone. 

 

The food did not take long and was before his eyes held by his lover, smelling delicious. Yoochun scooped a spoon-full and held it to his lips. He stared at the spoon hesitating, before standing up, cushion still in arms, “I could get my own spoon and feed myself! Thank you very much!” 

 

He ignored the second sigh Yoochun made and plopped down with his own spoon in hand, digging quickly into the plate of food that conveniently separated his and the actor’s body on the couch. 

 

Neither initiated a conversation and it felt awkward for the musical actor. When the two were together, there were often too many words to be said, too many jokes to make, and complete wordless situations like now were very, very rare. 

 

Junsu glanced upwards from the plate, a pang of guilt stabbing at his heart at the sight of the eye bags and dark circles of his lover. Gathering dinners or not, Yoochun must have been really busy and tired from the intense schedule of his drama filming. He did not even had much rest before he took on the current drama after finishing up the one before!

 

“Junsu-ah…” Yoochun’s gentle voice clicked him out of his train of thoughts. He looked up into warm eyes. “Tell me… Why are you mad?”

 

His pouted involuntarily, ducking his eyes lower. 

 

“Su?” His lover urged. 

 

A few seconds of inner-chaos, and Junsu gave up to the pleading eyes of Yoochun. 

 

“I…’Cuz…You don’t care about me anymore…” The actor’s eyes grew wide and he seemed offended. Junsu continued before the baritone could comment on his outburst. “You were always so busy! You don’t pick up my calls or reply my texts! Even if you do, its long after I sent or called you! And you’re always talking about your drama, your casts, the staff, you hardly ask how I am anymore!”

 

Yoochun put the plate and the spoons on the coffee table, and moved closer to him. “Baby, I’m sorry but I still do care about you! Always will! It’s just that my schedule… and the socializing events… they are overwhelming.”

 

The pout on Junsu’s lips grew bigger. “I don’t care… Shouldn’t I be at the top of the pyramid? Even if I’m not the priority number 1, I should be somewhere at that level too!” 

 

He curled his fingers in, gently at nothing in the space between his legs. “Calls I could still understand since I couldn’t reply to them too when I’m busy… but texts…”

 

A warm hand touched his cheek, and this time, Junsu did not move away. “I’m sorry… I will try my best to reply whenever wherever. Or at least as quick as I could, okay? And calls too. So… forgive me?” 

 

Yoochun was practically breathing against his lips by now. With a slight nod, he welcomed soft lips into a gentle kiss. 

 

The actor’s hand slid up his thigh, over the surface of the torn jeans. Yoochun pulled away and looked at his clothes, then back at him. Hands lifting the revealing flimsy tank top, he smirked, “Junsu, were all these clothing used to seduce me? To capture my attention?”

 

The sudden puff of red on Junsu’s face and ear more than answered him and he laughed, leaning in for another kiss.

 

But not before another subtle warning.

 

“No dressing like this out ever again.”

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I stopped writing halfway over a week ago and returned to finish it, but it just somehow feels different... as some of you may be able to tell. I tried my best and this is my first actual actual YooSu fic so, just to add on to the collection ^^
I may post some on into my 'Fluffy Bits & Snippets' later on~ (Shameless advertising here :P)
Hope you enjoyed this half-way fluff!