Sunshine, Kisses and Soup

Saturday Morning

Minghao groaned softly as sunlight suddenly shone directly in his eyes, waking him from a peaceful sleep. His discomfort was short-lived when the comfort of the two warm bodies wrapped around him in their bed rushed back to him.

Mingyu, all 6 foot 4 of him, was draped over Minghao’s back cuddling against him like he was a teddy bear. The tall brunette was without a shirt, he was like a human space heater and even in the middle of November he didn’t like wearing a shirt to bed, not that either of his lovers were complaining. Wonwoo was holding him from the front, cradling the youngest of the trio against his chest. He, like Minghao, wore a t-shirt as part of his pajamas and his dark hair was mussed from rolling over during the night. Both of his lovers were breathing deep and slow, obviously still peacefully asleep.

Minghao sighed contentedly and nuzzled into Wonwoo’s neck, taking in the eldest’s warm, familiar scent as he woke himself up. He took a quick peek at the clock over his boyfriend’s shoulder and saw that it was just after 10:00.  It was the first day of the trio’s shared weekend off; somehow between Wonwoo’s work at a music company in Seoul, Mingyu working at the bookstore he part owned with their friend Seokmin and Minghao working at the bakery owned by Junghan they had all managed to get the same weekend off to spend together.

Minghao began carefully attempting to extract himself from the tangle of limbs surrounding him to go start breakfast for himself and his boyfriends.

Just as he managed to slip out of Wonwoo’s surprisingly tight embrace Mingyu happened to wake up and pulled the slender blonde back against his chest, “Where do you think you’re going, Ming-ah?”

Minghao giggled softly as Mingyu cuddled into his neck, his messy brown hair tickling his skin, and he pushed at the tall brunette’s bare chest lightly, “To make us breakfast, now let me go.”

Mingyu whined loudly and held the smaller even tighter against his chest but he was careful not to crush him too much in his strong arms, “But you’re so warm and cuddly! We should just stay in bed all day, shouldn’t we Wonwoo-hyung?”

Minghao turned in the big puppy’s arms to watch the stirring dark-haired man wake up.

Wonwoo huffed as Mingyu began poking his side insistently and he buried his face in his pillow, letting out a loud groan as the poking continued. The oldest was not a morning person by any means and absolutely hated being woken up in loud ways, something that was unavoidable when you lived and shared a bed with Kim Mingyu.

The eldest peered up from the pillow and gave the brunette a displeased look, growling, “Why do you have to be so loud first thing in the morning?”

Mingyu laughed at the gruff complaint and Minghao giggled which gained a small twitch of Wonwoo’s lips at the sweet sound.

Minghao leaned over and pressed a kiss to his dark haired lover’s cheek, “Good morning, Wonwoo-hyungie.”

A full smile spread across Wonwoo’s lips and he moved so that he could lean over Minghao, effectively trapping the blonde’s slender frame between his arms. The younger blushed prettily, making both of his boyfriends grin, and Wonwoo leaned down to kiss him deeply, “Morning, Minghao.”

As the pair kissed Mingyu very suddenly, and loudly, cried out, “No fair, Wonwoo! You stole Minghao’s first kiss of the day from me...”

Wonwoo rolled his eyes playfully while Minghao just smiled and leaned over to kiss the pout off Mingyu’s mouth, Wonwoo following it up with a kiss of his own after leaving Mingyu smiling brightly.

The trio cuddled and kissed for a while longer before finally get out of bed and going through their usual morning routines. They all agreed to just stay in their pajamas all day (which meant that Mingyu had to put on a shirt, much to his own displeasure). After all, they had nowhere to be but with each other.


Wonwoo, Mingyu and Minghao lived in a quiet little neighbourhood about 10 minutes outside of Seoul in a modest sized, two floor house.

Their first floor was dedicated to their living room, kitchen, laundry room and one washroom. Upstairs there was their bedroom, a guest room and a small office that they mostly used for storage; both bedrooms had their own bathroom which was incredibly convenient when they had guests over or on mornings when they were all in a rush and more than one of them needed into the bathroom at the same time.

They also had a nice backyard where Mingyu and Wonwoo had once spent an entire day setting up a patio set and putting together a barbeque while Minghao read out the instructions, albeit with a little difficulty due to his occasional struggle with reading hangul. Both items got a lot of use in the summer months, especially when they had their 10 friends over all at once.

The trio entered their spacious kitchen and Minghao immediately headed towards the fridge to collect ingredients for breakfast. He was stopped from reaching his goal by Wonwoo who grabbed him by the shoulders and guided him over to the island where Mingyu easily picked him up and gently placed him in one of the chairs.

The Chinese young man was slightly confused and blinked up cutely at his lovers, “Um... not that I don’t like our kitchen chairs but I kind of need to go to the fridge if I’m going to make us breakfast.”

Wonwoo merely ignored the blonde’s words as he rooted around in the fridge and pantry, pulling out various items as he went, and Mingyu just beamed at Minghao, “Nope! Today we’re going to make breakfast for you, Ming-ah. So you just sit right there and let us take care of everything, okay?”

The youngest couldn’t help but be a slight bit worried; he did most, if not all of the cooking in their house and although he loved his boyfriends very much he was still a little concerned for the safety of themselves and their kitchen.

But he took one look at Mingyu, bouncing in anticipation with bright eyes, and Wonwoo, who despite hating mornings was looking wide awake and eager as he pulled out a large pot from under the sink, and he decided that even if the kitchen ended up being destroyed he wouldn’t care so long as his lovers continued to look so happy.

Plus, it was a very sweet gesture and it made Minghao love them all the more for their willingness to cook for him despite not having much experience.

So he just settled into the chair and gave them a nod and a soft smile, “Alright, I can’t wait to see what you make hyungs!”


 About half an hour, and one almost fire on the stove when Mingyu got a little overzealous while cooking the pork, their island was full of various breakfast foods. There was a plate full of pork that Mingyu cooked, kimchi, rice, a large pot of soup made by Wonwoo and a plate of baozi made by Minghao’s mother that she’d brought over when she’d visited them two weeks ago.

She’s brought them a whole container to freeze after Wonwoo had mentioned that Minghao had been missing her homemade food when they’d talked on the phone a week before her visit.

*FLASHBACK*

Minghao’s birthday had been approaching and his lovers had noticed that the slight blonde was getting a little homesick in the weeks leading up to the occasion. They’d decided to arrange a surprise for their love and Mrs. Xu had been more than willing to book a flight to Korea to spend some time with her precious son whom she hadn’t seen in almost two years, since before he’d gotten together with Mingyu and Wonwoo.

The day of her arrival Mingyu took Minghao out to visit the blonde’s best friend Junhui while Wonwoo stayed behind saying that he had some work to finish up but in reality was going to pick up Mrs. Xu from the airport.

There were some minor delays in the airport and a bit of traffic on the way home and by the time they arrived at the house Mingyu and Minghao were already home.

Mrs. Xu waited outside while Wonwoo went in and found his lovers curled up on the couch watching some drama. Mingyu noticed him first and sent him a slightly panicked look when he saw that he was alone but the older male quickly signalled that Minghao’s mother was waiting to surprise him.

“Hey guys, how was your day?”

Minghao instantly perked up at the sound of Wonwoo’s deep voice. He hopped off the couch to hug him and leaned up a bit to give him a kiss, “Wonwoo-hyung, welcome home! Junhui-gege says hi.”

He hugged the slender blonde back and kissed his forehead affectionately, “So you guys had fun, I assume?”

The younger nodded enthusiastically but his expression suddenly turned confused, “Wait... I thought you had work to finish while we were gone. Why did you go out?”

Mingyu crept up behind them and plastered himself against the smaller’s back, “Wonwoo was actually out preparing a very special surprise we planned for you, Ming-ah.”

Minghao tilted his head back to look up at the smiling brunette, “A surprise?”

Wonwoo grinned mischievously and extracted himself from his lovers’ arms, “That’s right, a surprise. Just let me go get it for you...”

He quickly raced to the front door and gestured for Mrs. Xu to come in and hide behind him so that they could surprise Minghao. After making sure she was hidden from view Wonwoo made his way back into the living room.

“Minghao, I know it’s a little early since the actual day’s not until next week but we got you something, well someone really, for your birthday...”

Mrs. Xu moved out from behind Wonwoo and Minghao let out a loud gasp before enthusiastically running into his mother’s open arms.

“Mama!”

The two embraced for a long time, strings of unintelligible Mandarin escaping them, but eventually a teary Minghao pulled away from his mother and threw himself at his lovers, murmuring, “Thank you” over and over again into their chests as their shirts grew wet with his tears.

*END FLASHBACK*

Although Wonwoo and Mingyu had been unable to take that week off they spent as much time as they could with Minghao and his mother. The younger had also taken her to meet Junhui and the three of them had spent plenty of time going around Seoul together, showing Mrs. Xu as many sights as they could while she was there.

Before they knew it they’d been seeing Mrs. Xu off at the airport. After a tearful, heartfelt goodbye with her son she’d turned to Mingyu and Wonwoo and pulled them both into long hugs. Using a mixture of Mandarin and the little Korean she knew she asked them to take care of her baby and they swore to her that they would. She’d smiled brightly at them, a smile that was very similar to Minghao’s, and nodded, looking very satisfied that her son was in good hands with the two of them.


The trio dug into their breakfast eagerly, each piling plenty of food onto their plates with the exception of the soup of course.

The pork was a little burnt in some places but Minghao and Wonwoo reassured Mingyu that it was good nonetheless and the youngest leaned across the table to give him a kiss to make him feel better. The tall brunette shot him a loving look and happily took another bite of the pork.

The soup... well there were really no words to describe it.

Wonwoo took the first spoonful and the second it touched his tongue he cringed violently, dropping his spoon on the table. He put his head down on his arm, groaning, and waved his free hand at his lovers warningly, “Don’t eat it, I’m serious. I messed it up big time.”

Despite his reaction and warning Mingyu and Minghao both started in on the soup; Wonwoo’s eyes widened in horror as he watched his two most important people eat his self titled “death soup”.

Mingyu’s face did a weird little spasm and he began coughing when he swallowed his mouthful, “It- It’s good, hyung.”

Minghao, who was looking a few shades paler than his normal fair skin tone after swallowing, took a long drink out of his juice glass and gave Wonwoo a sweet- if a bit shaky- smile, “It’s the best soup I’ve ever had.”

The oldest sighed fondly, nudging Mingyu’s shoulder and ruffling Minghao’s hair gratefully. He took another spoonful and flinched again when the taste hit him, “Aish... I don’t even know how something can taste like this. What did I do?

The three of them exchanged a look and fell into fits of laughter, finishing their breakfast with smiles on their faces.

The rest of the soup went down the drain; Wonwoo insisted and neither Mingyu nor Minghao tried to argue with him.


The lovers did the dishes together and when they finished cleaning up the kitchen they decided to watch a movie.

Minghao and Wonwoo settled down on the couch while Mingyu went to pick something for them to watch.

The small blonde settled against the dark-haired male’s side, cuddling up under his chin and getting comfortable as the elder slid an arm around his waist and sank back into the cushions.

Mingyu popped in the disc and flopped down on Minghao’s other side as Wonwoo pressed play, draping one long arm over both of their shoulders.

The opening scenes of “The Maze Runner” began and Minghao murmured, “Thank you for breakfast. I- I love you.”

The older pair grinned at each other over their blushing love’s head and they each pressed a kiss into his fluffy blonde hair, simultaneously whispering, “We love you too, Minghao.”


Ah, I really love these three. They give me such freedom to write as much fluff as I want! XD

I know that this is an unconventional pairing, what with Meanie being a really popular couple and Junhao being the primary Minghao ship, but these three together really work for me. Especially with all the recent 2Ming interactions we've been seeing lately and the fact that anytime I see Wonwoo and Minghao together they're always being cute I was determined that this ship would be the first one I wrote.

I've got another oneshot in the works for this ship already, I'm about halfway through the outline right now. I wonder what we should call this ship... WonMingHao? Nah, that's a little long. If somebody thinks of one, leave it in the comments and maybe we'll find one that works! :) Anyways thanks for taking the time to read this. I'd love to hear what you guys thought!