Shinee Onew x IU

The Clumsy Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count = ~1000-1500 

 The Clumsy Couple

 

Jieun laughs brightly for nth time as Onew or as she likes to call him Jinki fell on thin air once again, a part of her was worrying about how their child would turn out if both their parents were a total klutz and she was definitely afraid to find out. At least, her clumsiness isn’t as bad or at the level as Jinki’s, sometimes she was afraid to let go of the older boy’s hand in case he gets himself into a serious situation because of his clumsiness aka his clumsy nature.

Jieun till this day still never understood why she choose Jinki the clumsy nerd back in their university days over some popular dude but she can definitely tell that she made the best decision ever.

They had met somewhere in the second semester of university, the harsh winter was finally dying down and people were starting to put their jackets away.

She was walking down the halls that she had become so familiar with for the past months since school started and then BOOM! All of a sudden a very tall long haired girl slammed against her, it was awkward to say because one the tall girl either had very small and almost non visible s or it was just a boy that looks awfully like a girl.

“Sorry…” Jieun was definitely blown away by his soft whisper like apologize as if someone had finally dumped a decent guy on her with …not the best fashion style or the best hairstyle.  Certainly Jieun was not about her only chance of finally having one very decent male friend so she did the most normal thing she could do…

“Let’s be friends,” Okay maybe that wasn’t exactly what she did, it was somewhere on that line with the word “geek” added near the end but you know friends joke around right…?

Well who cares because clearly it totally worked considering the fact that the two friends not only became friends but also lovers and soon to be fiancée just as soon as they finally find the missing engagement ring that Jinki had just dropped since he planned this whole date and didn’t have a backup rings.

“Seriously Jieun?” Jonghyun calls out to her as he squint his eyes trying to find the sparkling engagement ring, “I’m still so surprise that you pick Jinki-hyung over that popular jock. I mean he’s basically a superstar now—AH! I FOUND IT!!!”

“WHER—OUCH!!!” Jieun winches as the room echoes with Jinki’s head banging against the table, Jinki stays quite for a few minutes before looking up to give Jieun and the others a strain clearly painful smile, “Will you marry me again?” He asks taking the ring from Jonghyun’s hand and lowering himself down again for the second time.

“Yes, again for the second time—really?” Jieun asks deadpanning as the ring rolls off of Jinki’s clumsy hands, “How many times do I have to say yes before you finally slip the ring into my fingers?”

“Sorry…here…hmm…will you marry me for the last time?” Jinki asks once again fumbling with the ring that Jonghyun once again found the ring thanks to his eagle like eyes.

Jieun rolls her eyes, taking the ring away from Jinki’s clearly dangerous hands, “Yes! I would!” She gives the older boy a hug finally after three attempts at asking her hand in marriage.

“WOW! CONGRAULATIONS! FINALLY!” yells Kibum as he pops the confetti box releasing colourful strings to the soon to be husband and wife.

Jinki thanks his friends for their help as they slowly leave the small cottage where Jinki had decided to propose to because he had most of his childhood memories in the small cottage.

“Don’t get at it too early guys~” Jonghyun teasingly says as he leaves the cottage with a laughing Kibum in tow.

 

 

-

 

 

Jieun takes a deep breathe of relief as she sits on their bed, the soft mattress bending under her weight, “That was refreshing and unique…”

Jinki cheekily smiles and scratches his redde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter