Chapter 1

Be careful of what you wish for.

Paramore's Brick by boring brick wasn't doing any good in drowning out the sound of the idiotic bafoons on the other side of the train stations platform which only made Hyunjae groan in annoyance as she raised both of her hands to press her headphones into her ears in an attempt to block out the noise that was distracting her from the book she had in her hands. aShe glanced over at the group of loud teenagers and shook her head, a small frown making it's way onto her face. She wished that they would just shut up becuase.. Well.. It was too early in the morning for such bad behaviour and she had a headache. She was literally holding herself back from walking up to them and ripping their throats out.
 

She'd be sure to download some more music when she got home, maybe something heavier. Maybe something by My Chemicle Romance would do the trick to block out the noise that she didn't want to hear. She rather liked Na Na Na, Teenagers and Welcome To The Black Parade.
She wished she could just get the bus instead of the train but there was one tiny problem with that; She couldn't talk to strangers. Every time she tried, she'd freeze up and it was probably one of the most embarrassing things that could happen to someone. You know, when people are just staring at you as they wait for a reply only to get an awkward nod of the head or something. She hated the feeling and she did everything she could to avoid it.

After a few minutes, Hyunjae felt someone staring at her and that feeling caused her to raise her head to look for whoever it was.
To her dismay, it wasn't her imagionation like she had hoped. She had locked eyes with one of those loud, noisy guys who were on the other side of the platform. 
She noticed a small smirk appearing on the corner of his lips as he noticed her looking back at him. To this, however, she did nothing but roll her eyes before going back to reading her book. After a few minutes, she could see the same guy walking towards her from the corner of her eye.

"Hey there." He said, a friendly smile appearing on his lips. She had heard him, but she didn't plan on answering. She thought that if she ignored him, he would give up and go back to his little squad of noisy and irratating monkeys. But due to her endless bad luck, that wasn't the case. The guy tapped her shoulder and she had no way of ignoring him now. She sighed inwardly and raised her head to look at him with a blank expression plastered across her face in hopes that it would tell him that he wasn't welcome to talk to her but it seemed to fly right over his head. 

"Hey there." He repeated, a smile playing on his lips. She noticed that he had a single dimple on his right cheek.
She had to shake her head to get rid of the thought of him being cute and bit down on her bottom lip as she removed her headphones from her ears.

"Yes?" She asked, looking up at the male with a raised brow. 
"Uh.." He replied, a frown appearing on his face as he thought of something to say to her and after a few moments of silence, he clicked his fingers and pointed to the seat beside her, "Can I sit here?" he asked, his smile reappearing.
"Sure. Help yourself." She said, shrugging a shoulder as she began to move her hands towards her headphones to re-adjust them onto her head but was stopped by the sound of his voice.
"Thanks.. What's your name?" He asked, looking at her which earned him a small confused frown.
"Jae." She replied, leaving her headphones around her neck as she re-opened her book and began to read. 
"Jae? Pretty name for a pretty girl. My name's Hanbyul." He said, flashing a pearly-white smile.
"Oh. Cool." She replied, her voice small, not showing any interest. 
"What book are you reading?" He asked, tilting his head as he looked at it, "Oh, it's in English.."
"Yeah. It's called Vampire Academy." She replied, lifting it up so he could see the front cover.
"Oh.. I've heard of it but I've never read it or anything." He said, shaking his head slightly, "Vampires don't really interest me."