1/2

Beauty and the Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Year 2 Class 13, nicknamed “the bulletproof boys” class. It was class to the noisiest, most obnoxious students an all-boys high school could have.

“Quiet down people we’re literally next to the discipline department!!” Yelled Kim Sukjin for the fifth time that morning, unluckily being the class monitor. He glared at the happy trio, Jeon Jungkook, Kim Taehyung and also Park Jimin having fun at the back of the class, making bad impressions of how the teachers would look like if they were beatboxing.

He sighed as the trio paid no attention to him, and proceeded to glare at another person, who was supposedly also responsible for the mess.

Kim Namjoon. Class monitor, smart guy, long-legged potato and face monster, as Sukjin would like to call him.

The lean boy was sitting at his own desk, situated at the last row beside the window and scribbling stuff on a notebook. He was frowning but then his expression smoothed into a warming smile as he continued writing, and Sukjin couldn’t help but stare without even noticing that he was smiling as well.

“Teacher’s here!! In 5… 4… 3…” Hoseok yelled loudly, being the one who usually signals the class for any approaching danger. In record speed, everyone quieted down and sat back at their own places.

Sukjin sighed, running back to his own place as well, which was right in front of Namjoon. He cheekily flicked Namjoon on the forehead, bringing him back to reality and his duty. “What…oh! Teacher’s here…” A flustered Namjoon quickly stuffed his notebook into his drawer and stood up to lead the class in greeting the teacher.

Class continued on through the day as usual, like nothing was out of the ordinary.

Recess.

Like a routine, girls from the special craft courses crowded the outside of Class 13 like a fan club, in hopes of getting the attention of someone none other than flower boy, Kim Sukjin himself.

“Oh god they’re here again.” Yoongi, the class’ sleep god woke up from his slumber reluctantly from all the noise outside. He lazily grumbled, pulled Jimin over and walked out of the classroom hand in hand.

Sukjin chuckled, feeling a bit cocky at the attention he was getting ever since he threw away his glasses and developed his style at the start of the year. He stood up, walking to open the class door to greet his adoring fans.

“Wait, Sukjin…” Namjoon jumped up in surprise, trying to stop Sukjin.

The girls started screaming once they saw Sukjin opening the door and at once, all of them tried to push their way through the narrow doorway. Sukjin was caught by surprise and was head-butted by the girl in front of him due to all of the pushing.

Unable to respond, he fell backwards.

The sounds of chairs and tables being slammed into, then he found himself lying on the floor with girls in front of him staring in shock. Not really, as there was something beneath him.

Or someone, really.

“You okay?” A breathless voice rang beside his ear and Sukjin froze.

A few seconds of silence as it finally registered in Sukjin’s brain as to who it was. He immediately scrambled up like a burnt puppy.

It was Namjoon. Sukjin’s mind was blank and he didn’t know what to say.

Namjoon looked like he was between angry and hurt. He sat up and then slowly stood upright. The girls look terrified and worried.

“Girls, I suggest you have your fan club gathering elsewhere and bring your gifts back with you. You also might NOT want to show up here ever again, unless you want to see your name on the blacklist and get kicked out of the school. Good. Day.” After throwing the cool statement, Namjoon turned his back and walked back to his seat, visibly limping a little.

“I… I’m sorry, just be good and follow the rules, ok girls?” Politely greeting the frightened girls, Sukjin waved them goodbye and stood rooted to the spot, thinking about what just happened.

According to school regulations, girls who attend the special craft courses are not allowed to access school grounds that have nothing to do with their classes at all times including recess.

Rules have been loose and the girls found their way to mingle with male students, causing a lot of chaos that mostly involves relationship quarrels and jealousy.

Sukjin turned to look at the empty classroom, where most of the students have filed out for recess and the rest have been scared away by the crowd of screaming fangirls. Namjoon sat sulking on his seat.

The tables and chairs near Sukjin have been disoriented, like someone had slammed into them while running to the front.

Judging by the looks of it… Namjoon rushed to the front when Sukjin was in trouble?

Sukjin adjusted the disoriented tables back to their original positions and walked back to his seat, turning the chair around to face Namjoon. He sat down, and silence registered for a good five seconds.

“Thanks.” Sukjin started, struggling to find a way out of the suffocating awkwardness.

“You’re welcome.” Namjoon continued sulking, not looking at Sukjin.

Sukjin sighed. Their relationship was… kinda weird. They were classmates since they both started high school, and they don’t hate each other, but they weren’t friends either. They were more like a rivals or a bickering duo, working well with each other at times but quarrelling away at other times. Sukjin sometimes found himself thinking about their relationship and what comes out of it. Well, that came out wrong.

“Are you hurt?” Sukjin asked, remembering how Namjoon slammed into those desks just to get to him.

“Doesn’t matter to you.” Namjoon grunted like a grumpy 7 year-old.

“Hey I’m just asking!” Sukjin doesn’t even know why he was irritated by Namjoon’s reply.

“Fine.” Namjoon pouted and looked at Sukjin, “it did hurt a bit. But I’m fine.”

Something bumped in Sukjin’s chest when he fixated his gaze on Namjoon’s pout.

“How about you?”

“Huh?” Sukjin immediately snapped out of it and replied, “I’m fine too, I guess. But I don’t think those girls are coming back again. So much for popularity.” He chuckled bitterly.

“I could tell just by looking at that fangirl crowd that they wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter