One

When We Meet
Please log in to read the full chapter

You scroll through various news sites online.

“NASA CONFIRMS THAT WATER FLOWS ON MARS” reads several headlines.

“Hey, Tae, look at this.”

“What?”

“They say there’s evidence of water on Mars. Do you know what this means?”

--

Yoongi was working on a track when Namjoon came into the room.

“Hey.” Yoongi greets with a mumble as he clicks away at parts of the track.

Namjoon sits on a chair beside the desk. “I need to talk to you about something. About ________.”

“What? Is something the matter? Taehyung isn’t-”

“Yoongi, she’s the one.”

The air in the room suddenly tenses up at Namjoon’s words. “What do you mean, ‘the one’? They’re only meant to be if-”

“If there’s a mark.” Namjoon finishes for him. “I know. She does, on her ankle. It’s shaped like the tails of a comet. Just like Tae’s.”

Yoongi saves his progress on the desktop. His compositions could wait until later. This was a thousand times more important than music.

“The exact shape? When did you see this?”

“Exactly like Taehyung’s. I spotted it yesterday when I opened the door for her. She dropped her keys and I leaned down to help her pick up them up, then I saw it. I never noticed before.”

“They are the ones.” Yoongi nods in awe.

“Yeah, Meant to be. Meant to cure us all in the future.”

--

“Call in for work, ________, please? It’ll be three weeks until I see you again.”

You both had just been woken up by Seokjin and Namjoon. A breakfast late in the day had been prepared by Yoongi and was waiting to be devoured by eight hungry and sleep ridden people. A rare occurrence in the household of Bangtan for Yoongi to do all the cooking, out of the norm and not to be taken lightly, as Taehyung put it, and you couldn’t disagree with him.

It was an hour away from when you would begin your shift at work. You groan from where you rest in bed with Taehyung. The boys had gotten three days off from schedule and would resume tomorrow for the next three weeks. You spent everyday with Taehyung, whether it be at your apartment or at the boy’s dorm.

On this last day you had gotten up early at 8 and headed over to the dorm. You punched in the key code, having obtained it after establishing trust from their manager. You quietly entered the place and shut the door behind you. The boys would still be asleep at this time. Days off meant sleeping in until noon or later.

You made your way to Taehyung’s shared room with Hoseok and Jimin. A figure walked out of the bathroom and you gasped in a state of shock.

“Oh, Yoongi! You startled me.”

“What are you doing here so early, ________?”

You nudged your head toward the room Taehyung would be in.

Yoongi nodded back in acknowledgement. “Carry on.”

You smiled timidly, feeling embarrassment creeping up on you. Yoongi turned away to head to his room and you reached for the door handle of your boyfriend’s room.

“________?” Yoongi was calling out to you.

You turned back to him with expectant eyes. “Yeah?”

Yoongi’s head and torso peeked out from the door of his room. He stared at you, eyes still glazed over with sleepiness. “I’m glad you’re with Taehyung.” And then he pulled into the darkness of his room.

Please log in to read the full chapter