The Scent of You

The Scent of You

sorry omg i didn’t know who else to name as their parents other than victoria and changmin OTL
 

The Scent of You


Kyungsoo doesn't remember when it started.

It was just curiosity at first, to know he smelt like, to get familiar with the scent, because after all, they were going to be step-brothers. 

He doesn't know whether to blame it on his weak omega or his sensitive nose, but all he knew was that when his nose poked at the fabric for the first time, he knew that he was in deep .

Now, after all those months, ever since his older step-brother has been away from home more, meaning the nights were colder than usual and the air had a heavy blanket of loneliness around it, and it t was when Kyungsoo would be swallowed around his many thick covers, trying to hold back a sob because it was too late at night, and he needed someone to comfort him, to hug him, to tell him that it’ll he alright.

It had been going on since Kyungsoo was young, ever since his father walked out of his life and he saw his mom, the one who held his life together, break in front of his eyes, and he saw her weak side for the first time. Ever since then, he would be huddled up next to her, tears always rolling down his face, because it scarred him. But he knew it wasn't her fault. She gave her all to a guy, who wasn't even her actual mate because she lost all hope that she would be able to find them, whoever they are.

And that, was what made Kyungsoo think that his mom was strong. A strong independent woman, learning how to love again even when she was betrayed, supporting her only son with everything that she got.

But  Kyungsoo had gotten older, and it meant that Victoria’s scent wouldn’t  be enough to reassure him that everything was alright. He needed someone much more. He needed a mate.

Kyungsoo was only 12 then.

It was rare to find one’s mate at such a young age, thus leading to Victoria looking high and low for someone to replace that special one, and then finding him at the age of 41. She felt guilty, because she felt that Kyungsoo had inherited that trait of hers that she detested, the want to find someone to love and feel love back, and when she wanted it, she needed it. 

She tried her best to look for someone, from Kyungsoo’s cousins to heat-carers, who can at least suppress that until his mate pops out around the corner because she doesn't want her son to go through what she had went through. It was emotionally painful for him to already just see her, imagine him actually experiencing it. The thought terrified Victoria.

But like the sweetheart that he was, he would assure her that he was fine, that he could hold on. For how long, even Kyungsoo wasn't sure, but he knew he could hold on for long enough. It was thanks to Kyungsoo that Victoria  had found her mate, a pure-blooded alpha who also had a son after going through the same situation as her. They had so much in common, and Kyungsoo was glad that his mom was able to get stability back in her life.

The only concern she had then, was if Kyungsoo would let the two alphas move in with them.

He said yes, he would love to have them around, since even if he said no, they probably would still move in, which Victoria gave a cheeky smile to.

Kyungsoo was 15, going on 16.

So that was how Kyungsoo met Kim Jongin, a lanky alpha with a dominant presence and firm build, his chest and biceps showing off the fact that he worked out, his face decorated with pretty, thick lips, protruding cheekbones and onyx eyes, deep and shrouded in mystery.

It was awkward at first, with Kyungsoo always forgetting that he was sharing the hallway with someone else, meaning that he can't break out into a shoujo anime opening, without receiving an amused snort, and that he couldn't parade in the house in his small, tight boxers decorated with rubber ducks and socks to slide on the smooth floor, before knocking into a particular someone.

As time went by though, they became closer, and their parents were glad about that, always finding them in the living room with Jongin sitting on the floor, his back leaning against the couch while eyebrows crunched in concentration doing schoolwork and Kyungsoo with his feet propped against the back of his head, eyes glued to the phone of his screen, twinkling in anticipation so as to find out if the manga has any major plot twist , glasses askew and hair messy.

It was the definition of a perfect family.

They got even closer, moving pass the boundaries of just being simple step-brothers, to something much more.

It began with lingering touches and staring, and then it became intense eye-ing and it ended up with them making out. Jongin was three years older, in college, meaning that he had experience, while Kyungsoo was going to graduate from highschool. Now, they kissed, held hands, and hug each other tight with Jongin whispering sickeningly sweet words in Kyungsoo’s ear.

Jongin became determined to be the main source of Kyungsoo’s comfort and solace, and it worked well, leading to lesser nights of Kyungsoo waking up sweating profusely, choking on a sob, and Victoria couldn't have been more glad.

But now, Jongin had to stay away from home more, and sleep at the dance studio, because he and his dance group had been receiving more and more attention, and if he was lucky, he might receive a prestigious scholarship to continue on dance. Kyungsoo was happy for him, but it meant that those dreaded-filled nights were going to come back, and Kyungsoo hasn't experienced an episode for months, he knew that it was going to come back, hard. It meant that Jongin couldn't know.

And so, whenever Jongin was gone, Kyungsoo would sneak in the older’s room, rubbing his face on every single surface with Jongin’s scent as much as he could, because it was foreign to him yet reassuring, before realizing that it was Jongin’s scent, the scent reeking of strawberries and vanilla softener, with a tinge of chicken and mostly alpha and body odor, which had been keeping Kyungsoo together ever since he had been sleeping in the same bed as Jongin. As a reflex, he would sneak into the laundry room, and steal some of Jongin’s shirts, pants, even the socks that he wears to practice and occasionally some of his boxers, but mostly his sweaters, because Kyungsoo loves being swallowed up by Jongin’s smell.

He swore that it was just because he really wanted to know how Jongin smelt like.

Days dragged on to weeks, then months , and his pastime was to steal some of Jongin’s clothes and return the clothes that had now been rudely violated, covered in the omega’s scent, and it always made Kyungsoo giggle every time grandpa Nini would ask where his missing clothes were, to which Jongin would just simply give a wide smile, obviously enjoying the sound that Kyungsoo was making.

He doesn’t need to know.

Yet.

 

Twitter: X // Tumblr: X