Min Yoongi, You're an Idiot.

Bad Days and Anniversaries

Finished this at 2am, not proofread, please forgive me. 

Also, this turned out different from what I thought it would be, I'm not super into it, but I hope you'll be. 

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I sat at the train station, looking out into the empty tracks, wondering how exactly did I get here at 1 in the morning. The heaviness of my heart reminded me of why I was waiting for the train to come, and why I was even waiting for it in the first place.

 

It was a Wednesday today, but not just any random Wednesday. It was 10th September, or in my memory Yoongi and I’s 3rd anniversary. It was supposed to be a special day, but God obviously had other plans, as it had been nothing but a disaster so far. It all started when I dropped by my working studio this morning. I was a graphic designer, so I’ve dealt with many projects of varieties, from advertising to just random illustrations up for sale in local websites, and today was the day of a very important meeting with an equally important client. This project was a big deal, it was definitely the biggest project of the year and I couldn’t afford to screw it up.

 

I stepped into the workspace and the first thing that caught my attention was the fact that my coworkers were eerily quiet and the atmosphere was far too solemn. “Hey something up guys?”

 

Eun Young, my main partner for the project, came up to me with a straight face and said, “ The client called this morning to cancel on us. They said that they’ve found someone else with a better deal and idea and decided to assign the project to them instead.”

 

That was just the start of this bad day.

 

After calling the client and trying to get them to reconsider only to be yelled at for being too persistent, I decided to drink some coffee that I bought from the café this morning, only to find out that they got my drink completely wrong. So now I was stuck with no client and no coffee. Just great.

 

Adding to the pile of misfortunes are the breaking of my heels, it raining without a warning, and one of the tires of my car puncturing. Which explains why I walked into the BigHit building with some $15 roadside sneakers with hair sticking to my face.

 

I nodded at the receptionist before darting straight for the lift up to the dance studios, hoping to at least end the day on a slightly better note. Both Yoongi and I had been busy with our own schedules for the past month, and we didn’t discuss about doing anything today so I figured I would just pop up as a surprise and see if we could get an hour or two to ourselves.

 

I reached the dance studio and peered into the small glass window on the door to see Jungkook and Jimin practising. I knocked and opened the door, greeting the boys.

 

“Hi guys, no more schedule for the night?”

 

“Yo Su Ah, not for another 5 hours. What’s got you looking all…less than presentable?” Jimin asked as he scanned my appearance briefly.

 

“Just…the day hasn’t been as nice as I wanted it to be. It’s a long story, where’s Yoongi by the way?”

 

“Ah, hyung’s in the recording studio since just now. You might wanna be a lil careful though, he’s been brooding about not coming up with anything good for the past hour. You know how he is when he’s annoyed. Cheer up noona, everything will be fine,” Jungkook replied.

 

“Well that’ll make two of us then. Thanks guys, I’ll go check out how he’s doing then, carry on,” I waved to them before changing my direction to the recording studio upstairs. I bumped into someone on the way up and said my apologies while looking up, to find that I’d bumped into Jin, who was looking quite rather down.

 

“Hey Jin oppa, how are things?”

 

He let out a sigh, “Hi Su Ah, not that great apparently. Yoongi has been lecturing us about how we weren’t giving our best during recording and all. It’s one of his bad days today and I was his latest victim.”

 

“Well, it’s not my best day today either, in fact it so I guess I get you. We’ll get through it okay, tomorrow will be a better day Jin oppa.”

 

He chuckled and ruffled my hair and said, “You sound like you’re trying to convince yourself, not console me. Thanks anyway, you take care and be mentally prepared before you go in.” He chuckled humorlessly and strolled off.

 

I took a deep breath before I stepped into the studio, immediately sensing a tense feeling in the air as I took in the sight of my boyfriend slouched in front of the desktop, trying to edit whatever he had.

 

“I thought I said not to come back, haven’t you guys given me enough of a headache yet?” he breathed out, without turning back.

 

“Well I thought since I got the girlfriend label I was given a little more benefits than the boys,” I said, slightly amused when he turned around with wide eyes.

 

“Oh its you, what are you doing here?” He asked before turning back to the screen without waiting for my answer. I had to admit I was a little surprised at his aloofness, but decided to brush it off since I already knew that he wasn’t in his best mood at the moment.

 

“I just decided to you know, come up to visit my boyfriend because I wanted to…?”

 

“Hmm, yeah alright but I’m busy so you can just sit by the couch I guess or I don’t know, do whatever, just be quiet.” So I decided to grab a seat on the couch and waited for a few minutes before I lost it and just straight out ranted.

 

“So today was a really bad day and so many things happened I don’t even know where to start. This morning I got a call from the client saying that they are annulling our contract and working with someone else instead, then I was given the wrong type of coffee but that’s not all. It started raining so heavily all of a sudden, and I almost slipped but I didn’t and instead broke the heel of my shoes so I had to buy these off a roadside store. Also, my tire decided to puncture on all days and I-“  I was cut off by the sound of headphones slamming onto the table, and looked up to see him glaring at me.

 

“I said to be quiet alright? I’m working on this and it’s really important and I don’t have the time to deal with you right now”

 

“Excuse me? I’m here because I had a really bad day and I just wanted to see you to make today feel a little better is that so wrong? Is it really that hard for you to spend 5 minutes of your time listening to me?” I was getting angry with him, and I could already tell this would end badly with both of us getting agitated.

“I can spare 5 minutes or even more some other day next week maybe, but not tonight okay? I have things to do and so do you. So you had a bad day, so what? You’re an adult now, just get over it.”

 

“Yah Min Yoongi, don’t you think you’re being a little over here? Can’t I spend at least an hour with my boyfriend, especially when it’s our anniversary?” I was beyond pissed off, and was just plain tired of everything and couldn’t wait for the day to end.

 

“...what anniver-oh,” he muttered before he paused and looked away.

 

I scoffed. This was the limit. “I cannot believe you Min Yoongi. I’ve had such a bad day today, and I thought that everything was gonna be alright when I saw you but you, you really did it. You not only made me feel worse than I already did when I came in, you completely destroyed my feelings in the span of the 5 minutes that I’d been in this room. The time in here was worse than what happened throughout the whole day, so thanks, thanks for letting me know that whatever happened today was nothing much. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to look for someone who actually cares about what happened to me today.”  I grabbed my bag and stormed towards the exit.

 

“Yah Su Ah, don’t-” Yoongi grabbed my arm and tried to stop me but I turned to him with a glare and shook his hand off.

 

“Oh please, you should get back to your work, you don’t have time to spare tonight remember?” with that I slammed the door and ran out of the building. I ran all the way down at least 5 blocks before I slowed down and started thinking about where to go. I guess the roadside sneakers did me some good then.

 

I decided to take a train down to Daegu, even though the people I knew there were related to the person that I ran away from. There was a special place in Daegu that I went to when I was down, I liked the journey there, it allowed me to cool down and think, and the place was just a place for me to relax and take a breather before coming back to reality. I managed to get a ticket for the last train, which was arriving in 15 minutes, so I took a seat on an empty bench while waiting.

 

This was why I was here at the train station, and all I could do now was to think about what to do when I got back. However, I never got to think of that.

 

“Yah could you slow down a little next time? You know I hate running,” I turned to my left in surprise, and met the gaze of Yoongi while he stood slouching a distance away with his hands on his knees.

 

“How did you know that I was here?”

 

“I’m your boyfriend of 3 years, give me some credit alright,” he said while he slowly walked over.

 

“I did give you credits for that, but tonight proved that you didn’t really deserve them,” he grimaced at my words and stood in front of me.

 

“I know I don’t deserve them and I was being a prick tonight, not to mention that I also forgot our anniversary, I’m really really sorry, can you forgive me?” He stared at me with his eyes wide, and I could feel him genuinely sorry and guilty for his actions, but I wasn’t going to let it go so easily.

 

“Well I don’t know, your song seems more important than me though, I don’t think I can beat that. Speaking of which, shouldn’t you be working on it right now?” I raised an eyebrow looking at him. He glanced at me before looking away, as if hesitating about how he should respond. He let out a sigh before replying,

 

“Of course the song is important,”

 

“Then why are you here? Just go back to the stu-“

 

“Because it’s for you.”

 

“…what?” I stared at him with wide eyes. He blew a raspberry before continuing,

 

“I said, the song is important because it’s for you. I wrote it for you. I wanted to get it out by the next album as a surprise but it’s not a surprise anymore and at this rate it probably can’t be out by the next album.”

 

 

 

 

 

Well, damn. How do I reply to that? What do you say when you thought your boyfriend was being a prick when all the while he was on the road of becoming the sweetest guy ever?

 

 

 

“I…I… I mean you could’ve told me and like I don’t know…” I stuttered, before sighing for the nth time tonight. “You’re annoying you know that?”

 

He looked at me bewildered and exclaimed, “I just told you I wrote you a song and you call me annoying?”

 

I chuckled and took a step forward before throwing my arms over his shoulder, engulfing him into a hug. “You’re annoying because you never fail to surprise me with your thoughtfulness every single time. Also, the fact that you make me feel guilty when you’re the one who is supposed to be apologizing is annoying, and how I can never stay mad at you.”

 

He wrapped his arms around my waist and snuggled into my neck before whispering, “I’m sorry Su Ah,  I know I’m not the best boyfriend but I promise I’ll work harder for you, for us alright? I’m sorry, forgive me and I love you.”

 

I smiled into his shoulder, and felt peace for the first time today. “I love you too. Now shall we head back?”

 

He released me and looked at me with a smile, “yeah we shall. Can we take a cab back, I’m really tired from running here just now,” his smile turned a little more sheepish at his suggestion.

 

I gave him a look, “Oppa, the studio is literally a ten-minute walk from here you know that right?”

 

“Hey hey hey I ran those 10 minutes alright? Do you know how tiring that is? That’s like my weekly dose of exercise you hear me?”

 

I couldn’t help but let out a giggle at his reply. “You’re such an idiot.”

 

He looked at me with a proud smile and said, “yeah, but you love this idiot.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah, yeah I do. Guess today wasn’t that bad of a day afterall.