Final

Love is A Curse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It started when he realized what love really was about. He was sixteen. He believed in love, but it was a curse for him. A curse affecting only on him. And so, after his eighteenth birthday, with no one by his side anymore, he took himself away from everything, even little bits and pieces, everything. School, friends, family, his pet cat, until he was sure there was nothing else he loved was left.

Mingyu had a curse and that, he couldn't love or they die, him being the only sole witness.

His father and mother were gone, he didn't have any brothers or sisters. The cousin he loved dearly was dead from a car crash, right in front of his eyes. He didn't see his other relatives after that occurred. His parents died in a place crash, he didn't die though. His best friend was gone while surfing and his pet cat was gone too, in a fight then was rolled over by a bus, so brutally that Mingyu could never forgive the bus driver, though deep inside he knew that it wasn't the driver's fault.

Now, he lived alone, just starting college from the money his parents had left. His studio was the most dull studio in the whole universe. There was just a grey coloured bed, a study table, and a chair. No closet or kitchen. And the bathroom looked like it was purposely painted in haunting black for Mingyu, something that looked like it could reflect how sad his life was. Plus, there was no books he could own, they would be gone as well, inevitably, either accidently burnt or lost. There was no science to his curse. He had no phone. Just a watch and a wallet. Then it was a wonder to him why his watch or wallet didn't go missing.

Mingyu looked up from his book and listened to the lecture. He sat a lone, on one long table, like as if people knew to not sit with him. A sigh left his lips before class abruptly ended with Mr. Kin reminding the students about their Psychology assignment. Mingyu gathered his things in his arms then quickly made his way out of the lecture hall before anyone else could, even Mr. Kim couldn't call him. Even though he sat at the far back all alone, he was still the first to go in and out. People questioned his behaviour behind his back all the time, including the teachers.

While he stashed his books in his back, someone -a girl- from behind him approached his side that stopped Mingyu fin his tracks. He knew her, it was Kang Seulgi, everybody knew her, she was the college's prodigy in Physics, Mingyu didn't take Physics though. She had long silky black hair tied in a high ponytail, very pretty and from what he heard, she was a very, very nice person, and he liked her, that was bad. She was smiling at him so nicely that he had to resist blurting out "Stop it". It was a danger to even talk to her in the first place.

Mingyu took a deep breath. "Sorry, but I have to go," he said out quickly but was stopped from walking when she grasped his forearm, his lips parted.

"Hey, what's the rush for? I didn't even say anything yet," a soft laugh escaped her lips. Mingyu looked at her hand that was on his forearm and she quickly let go with a sheepish smile. "Sorry.. um, Professor Kim is looking for you, you're Kim Mingyu right?" he nodded. "He's in his office. I'm Kang Seulgi by the way," she smiled and extended her hand out for a handshake but Mingyu didn't do anything, not even a smile, and headed his way to Mr. Kim's office. Seulgi's lips curled in an unhappy way and she scratched her neck.

"Don't even bother talking to him, Seulgi," her friend, Yuri, suddenly came from nowhere said. "It's not worth it,"

"Why not?" Seulgi asked.

"You haven't heard? Well, from what I heard, something happened to him, I take that back, a lot happened to him," they begun to walk.

"Such as?"

"Don't know the real deal but I know that he no longer has parents, both died in a plane crash, he didn't, and I heard that his best friend's gone too, remember Joshua Hong from high school? Yeah, him."

Seulgi's eyebrows went up and down. "Why does it have to do with death?"

"Don't ask me," Yuri shrugged. "See ya!" Yuri waved subtly before she jogged to her upcoming class.

"Bye..." Seulgi had heard a lot about Joshua Hong, how he died while surfing, the wave was too big and he suffocated, in a competition, but she's never heard about Kim Mingyu being best friends with the former.

-

"You called for me?" Mingyu spoke up when he went in Mr. Kim's office.

"Sit down," the Psychologist said.

"No, it's fine," Mingyu decline really quickly.

"Don't be like this Kim Mingyu, sit down," the professor sternly said.

Mingyu huffed out and reluctantly sat down. "What is it?"

"What happened?" the professor looked at him.

"I don't think that's your business.... Sir," he added the last word after much pause.

"It is my business to know about my students,"

Mingyu gripped the armchair. "Look, this isn't high school, I know you were a high school teacher but this is different, students here have their own lives to take care of, the teacher shouldn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter