Act One

Criminal Act - Oneshot Introductory

 

A stampede of footsteps pounded the wooden floorboards Seola scrubbed clean every week. The wood sounded brittle; that if another one-hundred-seventy-pound skittered across it the grounding would give way. Voices slithered through the hollow wall right into their ears.

“He’s here somewhere. Search all rooms! We’re not leaving until we find him!” the gruff voice demanded.

“Yes, sir!” an echo of men shouted in reply before footsteps sprinted throughout the home.

Hot heavy breathing pounced uncomfortably off the palm of his hand but he could not remove it from the imprisoned mouth. If she made noise they would be caught and Joonmyun would not go down without proving himself innocent.

Currently in a hideaway room hidden behind the living room sofa with breath held Joonmyun listened carefully as the FBI agents scourged his home. They’d brought arms with them. He could hear the weight of the weapons as the men shifted the devices against their bodies.

This was bad.

The hideaway room was enlisted in darkness and he could feel the tiny bookshelf of Harry Potter books at his feet. It was too cramped in here. This perfectly small room meant for a six-year-old – his son currently in the hospital waiting to receive chemotherapy. Three weeks ago when he last visited he’d promise to go back soon, but it seemed like he wouldn’t be able to keep his promise this time around, thanks to this foolish woman.

Shin Aejung was trembling out of fear but there was not a thing he could do to comfort her. All he could do was get her out of here alive.

Finally the voices outside faded. Warning Aejung to remain silent he leaned toward the square door and slightly pushed it open. Through the tiny gap between the wall and the sofa he saw nothing but complete darkness. Concentrating all his focus toward his ears he detected for motion or noise.

The agents had left. It was clear.

Leaning back into the hideaway room he hissed urgently in a whisper, “Come out, quick!”

It wouldn’t be long before someone caught the noise they would soon be making. Joonmyun’s heart shot high up in his throat. Barely breathing and impatient he urged the clumsy Aejung, too wacked out from panic, along.

Earlier they had been arguing. Aejung had always been a bad liar. His detective instincts had caught onto her act and they’d argued it out before lights started flashing upon his home. At her spurt of confession he’d cut all lights and pulled her into hiding. Suddenly everything that had been happening with the gang and drugs was falling into order.

From tonight onward he was a wanted man for homicide, arson, and possession of illegal drugs.

His life now a great mess.

The full moon outside felt foreboding and ominous shining heavily down on him as he fought to tear the window screen away. The dozen of footsteps upstairs and down the hall were closing in. Certainly someone else had been left outside to keep watch for him, but he would have to worry about that later. Now, his first priority was to leave this room alive with his skin still on his body.

Joonmyun struggled with the screen, tugging and pulling, even chewing on his lower lip frustrated. Then at last it tore as footsteps rushed down the corridor.

“I hear something!” a man loudly called out breathlessly, for soldiers and FBI alike had been taught not to be too loud when conducting a criminal raid in the case of giving their presence away, but Joonmyun supposed it didn’t really matter cause they knew he was home and he was in. “This way! The living room!”

“Hurry…” Aejung cried, clutching onto his back desperately.

A shout of victory soared through him when the screen dropped away and he hastily pushed the thin woman outside, disregarding whether she would land on her feet or knees. Once out, he immediately followed.

Aejung moaned about her knees apparently slashed from the wild rose bushes she had been so adamant on growing for him after their split two years ago, something they had spent weeks arguing over. Without a care he lugged her to her feet and dragged her after him, his heart rate heightening when someone screamed, “Freeze!”

Halting immediately he turned to look at the uniformed agent stepping away from the front door, rifle aimed at them. “Stop right there. You are under arrest Kim Joonmyun…”

“Take out your perfume.” Joonmyun whispered. Aejung looked at him, her eyes darting back and forth unable to coherently obey his command. Impatient, he grabbed her purse and ped it. After digging around he pulled out the bottle of perfume she always carried with her, her baby, her treasure.

Drop what you have,” the agent commanded, emphasizing each word heavily. “I won’t shoot you.”

Without a second’s hesitation Joonmyun tossed the perfume bottle into the air. Alarmed, the agent lifted his rifle to shoot and as the bottle exploded into the air, Joonmyun instantly took advantage of the made opportunity escaping down the street.

The neighborhood was silent, the roads blockaded by FBI trucks, dark and appearing like monsters under the night. At the sight of authority no one dared to step out of their homes. The glows of yellow lights resonating from rooms faraway made him feel nostalgic for the peace of his room, the one now infiltrated and in search by the FBI. His privacy…he detested people invading his private space.

The tree lined roads hovered before him like dark shadows out to get him, their inhumanely claws chasing him like monsters in the dreams little Hyunsu would wake up crying to. Cooped up with work to make the money for his son’s treatment had taken a blow on his life. Barely home for the holidays had madly frustrated his wife which led their marriage right to the graveyard. That was two years ago.

Now this.

The pitch black sky appeared full of warning as a foggy cloud drifted overhead. He lived in a resilient neighborhood where everyone minded their own businesses. From tonight on, everyone would be in his business.

After a block or two he pulled Aejung behind an area of thick bushes and trees, forcing her down onto her knees in order to stay low. He was out of breath and only realized then, that she was silently crying from fear and shock.

“Listen carefully to me,” he whispered with eyes on her, “when you go home the cops will be waiting for you. They will bring you in for questioning; you go with them and tell them what you know. When they let you go, do not return home. Go to the hospital, stay in public places at all times. Do you understand me? And do not, I repeat, do not talk about what they had you do.”

“W…what about you?” she shakily worried. She squeaked, “Where are you going?”

“Ten minutes after I leave, go home. If the FBI agents catch you, tell them you were coming to see me,” he ordered. “You got that?”

“Joonmyun…” she whined with worry, her voice shaky with what he presumed was apology. “I’m so sorry…I was just trying to make things better. I didn’t know.”

Glancing at her silently with avid distress he shifted away to peer out into the quiet street. It was clear.

Turning back to Aejugn one more time he said, “Tell Hyunsu I’ll call him.” then getting up he darted down the street.

The city picturesque passed by like streaming lights as Joonmyun ran street after street, farther and farther away from his home. All he had on him were his mobile phone and his wallet, but no cash – the only reliable source that would leave behind no tracks. By now the police would be tracking his cards for usage. He couldn’t risk it.

Panting raggedly when he reached the busy life downtown he glanced around. There had to be someone here he could take advantage of. Some homeless person or some vulnerable person, and he needed a car because the only person he could think of right now was two hours away in Wonju in Gangwon-do province.

Calming down slightly after mixing into to the heavy city night crowd Joonmyun walked around in search of his target. It didn’t take long. After a few minutes he came across a smoking college student standing outside a bar in ripped jeans and a tight jacket. Pumping his shoulders up to look like he was on a night stroll Joonmyun easily jumped into the act.

“So, what’s good tonight?” Joonmyun questioned with a tone of optimistic attitude. “I heard there are a lot of chicks at the club a few streets down.”

“Oh yea?” the student muttered without interest.

“You don’t want to check them out? Might land some good girl tonight,” Joonmyun excitedly mentioned and let out a gasp of exasperation as he rubbed his hands together. “I have a load of money on me tonight. We can spend all of it tonight if you give me thirty bucks to buy a pack of that.”

The younger man eyed him narrowly through the corner of his eyes. “And who are you?”

Joonmyun shrugged, “Someone who’s very bored tonight and in the mood to treat. Friends clicked out on me, you see. What do you say? Thirty bucks?”

“Twenty-five,” he immediately negotiated.

Joonmyun ran it through thought then nodded. Pulling his wallet out he handed the younger one his card. “Go in first, I’ll come find you after I go take a leak.”

“Sure, whatever,” the bored student muttered slapping twenty-five dollar bills into Joonmyun’s hands. He watched the student disappear into the crowd taking over the street before turning to head toward the vendors. Now he needed a makeover, something simple that could hide his face.

Stopping by a table of accessories Joonmyun picked up a cap and slipped it over his head. Hats drew attention away from the face, so that would work. Glancing up at the shop owner he asked, “How much?”

After managing to bargain for an old smelly sports jacket Joonmyun walked toward the transit and bought a ticket to Wonju. As he sat in the empty train line he carefully plotted out his next move.

Some years ago during a drug bust case, Kim Namjoo, a military strategist had made her way to Seoul to give a lecture about tactic and techniques. Joonmyun had joined some officers interested to know what she was all about and recognized her as a college colleague who’d dropped out junior year. They met for dinner a few times to catch up during her time in Seoul but after she left without a farewell he didn’t see her again.

When he made it to Wonju he would call her and get her aid. South Korea’s laws did not allow a civilian to carry a gun, but Namjoo worked in the force and had access to weapons. He needed her. With that decided he slipped off into sleep and woke up hours later to see a landscape of mountains outside the window. As autumn set in the foliage in the mountains became thicker in hues of orange to red, a pretty picturesque. Joonmyun watched in awe, realizing that mountain climbers would now be up preparing for the long trek up to the top. Maybe one day he would enjoy a day’s hike up with Hyunsu.

The train finally came to a stop an hour later at the station and Joonmyun quickly walked out. Adjusting the cap over his head he glanced at the time to see that it was 2AM. There was a mild crowd traveling about and no one seemed to mind him.

All good.

Heading out onto the solemn roads he sought for cheap foods and snacked for a few minutes before asking for directions to a payphone. The kind old lady directed him specifically down the road where he found an old one in no less than five minutes.     

And that was the story Joonmyun had fed Namjoo when he found her before eventually, she, herself, became a wanted person with him.

Now the two of them were on the run from the feds.

∞∞∞∞∞

“Since when did you join the Interpol?” Joonmyun asked.

The sky was now, once again, cloaked in darkness after escaping a high speed chase from the cops. Abandoning the vehicle they’d stolen a mile out they’d found a place to hide underneath the bridge. There they watched the dark waters wane while chewing on the cheap burgers Namjoo had gotten a homeless to buy for them. His face was everywhere in the news outlets. Soon enough they would have Namjoo’s picture right next to his. Two agents turned convicts. It would be a nationwide story.

He was famous now.

“They called me a year ago,” Namjoo replied quietly as a breeze whistled by. Overhead cars noisily growled as they drove by.

Joonmyun was deeply sorry for getting her caught with him. Since then Namjoo had lost her car, her home ransacked by the FBI, and lost touch with her fiancé. He learned too late that her wedding was in two months. That explained why she was home instead of out there investigating and catching criminals undercover. He just practically ruined her life when she finally agreed to get that gun for him.

At least, he bitterly thought, they were both now armed but their bullets were declining by the day. If they were to barter with the black market, it would leave a severe dent in their professions. They would be real criminals.

Joonmyun didn’t want to be a criminal. He wanted to be a hero in his son’s eyes. His son…how was he doing? The hopelessness he felt by not being able to contact his son made him feel worthless.

“That must’ve been the life,” he tried to comment with a smile.

Namjoo just scoffed, “If this is any different, that wasn’t much of a living.” They turned quiet then she finally asked the question she’d long meant to, “So Aejung, who’d she kill?”

Joonmyun’s jaw tightened when he gritted his teeth. With a shake of the head, “I don’t know. Some drug dealer, maybe.”

He could hear Namjoo heaving a sigh that said your wife should have known better. “I don’t know how the court’s going to take that case.”

“She’s not going to jail,” he came to his ex-wife’s quick defense then met with Namjoo’s get real glance. Groaning with a sigh Joonmyun got to his feet to pace. “I can’t put her in that place. Aejung…she’ll never survive there.”

“She committed a crime, Joonmyun,” Namjoo bit down on her teeth, as if he still couldn’t grasp the situation. “You took an oath when you joined the criminal justice bureau. Don’t violate that now.”

“Then what about us? We’re criminals,” Joonmyun argued. “We stole a car, we ran from the police, we have guns, we’re seeking refuge! We’re running away from the law!”

He met with her stern stare and that was all he needed to drop back down and cross his legs. Sighing exhausted he said, “I’m not going to play noble, so don’t yell at me.”

“We need to find them.” Namjoo stated. “Do you know who coaxed your wife into this?”

“Do you know how many gangs run rampant in Seoul?” Joonmyun shook his head. “It could be anyone.”

“Then we need to go to Seoul,” Namjoo stood, “and we need to hunt them down.”

“The FBI has raided Seoul,” Joonmyun shot up with panic laced in his tone.

Silence tore down the edgy atmosphere before Namjoo told him with a flare in her eyes, “We have no choice if you want to prove your innocence. And I’m not going down as a criminal.”

She was out as fast as the wind. By the time he dashed out from underneath the bridge and up the hill toward the streets Namjoo was at a run down the dark street with hand at her back. Joonmyun knew exactly what she had planned. It was just was as risky as pulling the trigger broad daylight. Picking up his speed he hurried after her.

Within less than the hour a stolen vehicle would be reported to the cops. Depending on how recent the brand and model was tracing a stolen vehicle wouldn’t take very long. Up till now he and Namjoo had stolen up to two vehicles. This would be their third.

By the time he halted behind her Namjoo already had her arms extending, gun in her grip. The loud squeal of the wheels against concrete made his ears burn as Namjoo shouted, “Out! Out of your car!”

A trembling young man immediately stepped out with hands up. Joonmyun could make out the terror in his face thanks to the bright headlights nearly blinding him.

“Please…please don’t hurt me,” he begged. “I have money. You can take whatever you want.”

Extending a hand out Joonmyun watched the trembling man pull out his wallet and hand her a wad of cash. Namjoo called as she stepped toward the opened door, “Hurry, get in.”

As soon as he strapped the seatbelt over his body Namjoo urgently drove off and they were on the highway. “He’s going to report us. You know that.”

“If we can find the right gang,” her eyes darted toward the clock, “by morning, we can lead the cops right to them.”

“If it was that easy…” he mumbled.

“Two heads are better than one.” Namjoo chirped.

∞∞∞∞∞

Other than the fact that neither of them had bathed for days Joonmyun was feeling pumped by the time they reached Seoul. It was only 3AM. He hoped they had all the time in the world to be searching hideaways and alleys, but reality was that the streets were deserted and cops would be right on their tails within a few hours. His time limit was short as ever.

“Where do we start?” Namjoo asked driving slowly down the empty road.

“Just so you know, I don’t really do hunting in Seoul,” Joonmyun said. “I work in a district away from home.”

“Oh great, so we’re going into this blindly,” she mumbled.

“Aejung said they met an abandoned factory. It smelled like propofol.”

“That helps.”

“Doctors have access to them,” Joonmyun said to himself, “that means if there was some kind of production it’s probably been stopped in that area.”

“Sure, why don’t you Google your smartphone and see where it takes us.”

Joonmyun turned to look at her and met with an eye roll. Their phones were dead and any chance of turning them on would give their location away. Obviously, they couldn’t risk that.

“No gang would use the same place more than once for trading if it’s been deemed a crime scene,” Namjoo said after a moment of silence. Then she asked, “Has it?”

“I’m not sure.”

“Did she even tell you one of their names?” Namjoo asked with a hint of impatience. “It’s almost sunrise, Joonmyun. We don’t have time to be guessing right now.”

The argument he’d had with Aejung in his home was still vivid in his memory, but she had done her part not to mention a name. He shook his head. “I don’t think they let her in on their names. She would have mentioned…” Joonmyun stopped short when he recalled seeing a man hassling her outside in the corner of the hospital parking lot. Big and buff, threatening muscles that screamed kill, and he was missing a tooth. Joonmyun recalled the particular slash across his face before Aejung dropped her purse and the bagged pills spilled out.

They weren’t pills. He’d thought they were pills then because she’d been so quick to pack them back into her purse.

“No, I’ve seen him before,” Joonmyun gasped. “In Gangnam there’s a club network. There’s been drug busts there before. I think I know how we can do this.”

∞∞∞∞∞

It was terribly loud when they walked into the club. Too many bodies overloaded with alcohol crushed each other on the dance floor. Joonmyun and Namjoo had to squeeze their way through, hoping that neither of them would have to run into the lake to wash off the alcoholic stench.

Through a colleague Joonmyun had learned that club operators tended to be involved in the drug trade, foreign students included. A real shame. If he could find the head of this place he and Namjoo would at least get somewhere.

Crossing over to the elevator Joonmyun spotted a pimp by the lift, a prominent and coy smirk on his lips. Namjoo grabbed his shoulder as he stepped forth. “How are you going to do this?”

“Just follow along,” he whispered before approaching the pimp who smelt of cigarettes. “Having a fun night, huh?”

“Yea?” the pimp gave him a once over. “You look like a doofus. How’d the guard let you in?” he slapped Joonmyun’s shoulder with a squeal of laughter.

Remaining patient Joonmyun softly smiled before asking, “Got any ladies here?” Then jutting his thumb back, “Trade mine.” He was sure Namjoo would kick him in the shins for this, but that would definitely come later. Joonmyun took note of how the pimp’s eyes wavered over his shoulder to check the Interpol agent out before grinning. A second later Joonmyun glanced down when something sharp pricked his belly. A knife.

“Get in the elevator,” the pimp whispered punching the button.

Joonmyun shot Namjoo a glance before the pimp shoved him in and she instinctively followed. Once the doors closed the pimp cornered them, knife held out. “Who are you? You’re the cops, right?”

Hands shot up in an act of fear Joonmyun muttered with a voice of pretended panic, “We’re just here to trade. I heard you trade here. No?”

“What the hell are you talking about?” the pimp hissed, eyes wary of him. “We don’t do trading here.”

Human trafficking. Joonmyun would definitely keep all the clubs in this area in mind. He would come back later to bust them.

The pimp swiped his knife out and Joonmyun jumped back out of surprise. “Calm down. I made a mistake. That’s all.”

“No one makes mistakes,” the pimp shook his head. “I hope you had a lot of fun, because tonight’s your last.”

When he swung his knife out again Joonmyun slid to the side and immediately grasped his wrist, twisting his arm behind his back. The pimp struggled so stubbornly he nearly let him go. Namjoo’s gun clicked when she pressed it against the pimp’s head. With a dangerous voice she said, “Lets have a talk.”

Once the lift opened Namjoo placed her gun back and they immediately started toward the men’s bathroom. Occupants were busy at the stalls and sinks. As they entered Namjoo screamed, “Out! Out! Out! Everyone out!”

The bathroom emptied but not before they were shot glares. Namjoo locked the door and gave an ‘ok’. Shoving the pimp away Joonmyun demanded, “Where is he?”

“Who?”

“The club operator.” Joonmyun said.

The pimp scoffed. “You think I would tell you?”

Stepping forward threateningly Joonmyun grasped his shirt and held the blade up to his neck, “You speak now or I cut your tongue off. If I were you, I’d choose the former.” Glancing at the blade he commented, “Oh, it looks sharp. Must be new.”

The pimp’s eyes drove over toward his hand with the knife before his lips quavered. “He’s outside. That last I saw, he was smoking outback.”

Joonmyun roughly shoved him back before sticking the knife in his pocket. “Oh, and we’re not cops.”

As they started out the pimp screamed, “You’re both dead! Do you know that!? You’re dead!”

“We don’t have time,” Namjoo murmured as they rushed down the hallway. “Dude could’ve been lying. Why didn’t you check?”

“He says we’re dead,” Joonmyun said. “Means there’re others waiting for us outside. Lets bet our luck that our guy is there.”

The moment they stepped outside and searched for the way to lead them outback a chorus of manic laughter forced them to turn. When they did a bright headlight immediately blinded them.

“Cops, huh?” a man chewing gum asked hyper. The engine loudly roared before he charged the car forward. It bumped into Joonmyun ever so slightly that he fell onto the concrete. Namjoo quickly pulled him up before they backed away.

“Who are you?” she demanded loudly.

“I don’t know,” he sing-songed. Stepping on the gas the large truck roared again. There were three or four others in the car with him. Joonmyun couldn’t make out faces due to the overly bright headlights.

Damn.

“Let’s play a game, huh?” he asked. “I like playing cat and mouse. I saw your lady friend has a gun. Blow out one of my headlights and you get what you came for, but if I catch you…well, you lose.”

“What the hell…” he muttered.

Namjoo’s eyes jumped from the truck to him before reminding, “We don’t have time.”

This wasn’t good. The Seoul Police Department would have dispatched their night shift patrol officers. Everyone would be on the lookout for a stolen Honda. On silent cue he and Namjoo raced toward the car. They were off on the street seconds later. Without arguing Namjoo had taken the passenger’s seat. Scrolling the window all the way down she stuck half her body out the window and took an aim at the monster truck coming after them at top speed. It rammed into them once, forcing her to clutch onto the car door.

“Are you ok?” he hurriedly worried. “Get back into the car until you can get a good shot.”

“No, I’m good.” she stubbornly refused.

“What the are they on?” Joonmyun glanced into the rearview mirror only to get blinded by the awfully bright headlights again. They were laughing awfully loudly, like cackling birds at the break of dawn. “.”

Namjoo let out another grunt before clutching onto the door when the truck rammed into them from behind again. “Damn it, Joonmyun. Can’t you drive any faster?”

“I didn’t want to tell you,” he breathed, “but I think I have to now. They duded our brakes.”

“What?!” Namjoo turned back with exasperation.

“Brakes,” he spoke, “are dead.”

Glancing straight ahead into the beyond where no car lie she asked, “Where are we going?”

Joonmyun’s eyes zipped across the surface of the earth when he ran a red light, “I’m pretty sure they want to drive us off a bridge, but we could go down in the Han river.”

Sliding back into her seat Namjoo gulped down several breaths. “I am not dying. Not tonight.” Swallowing she said, “The Han river.”

“What?” panic stricken he turned to her in disbelief.

“I will shoot them before we go down,” Namjoo’s eyes burned into his, determined. “Give me your gun.”

“Why?”

“I didn’t want to tell you earlier, but I will now,” she said, “I’m out of bullets.”

“I have three left,” he urgently answer before pulling his gun out from his jacket and handed it over. “Get them.”

Sliding half her body out the window Namjoo focused her aim on the monster truck. His job now was to not crash them before they landed safely in the lake. Joonmyun had never been on a rescue mission before and never before had he done a job so dangerous where his life sat on the line.

A split moment later the back window entirely shattered when a bullet struck the glass. The Honda shot forward upon the truck’s impact. Both he and Namjoo held on for life. Joonmyun found himself praying to the God he didn’t believe in. He was no criminal. He may have done some wrongdoings the past few days, but it was only because he’d had no other choice. Neither he or Namjoo should die. Please let us escape.

Namjoo let out a shout and quickly slid back into the car when the monster truck drove up to their side and rammed into them. The cars screeched against each other. Manic laughter echoed into the night air. Clinging onto the wheel Joonmyun screamed, “Put on your damn seatbelt!”

“They won’t let me shoot them,” Namjoo mumbled agitated. When she stuck her arm out again this time she let out a horrid scream. Falling back into the chair she clutched her arm with a grunt. Blood immediately began soaking the chair.

Now sweating, Joonmyun glanced back into the open back and hurriedly reached over to strap the seatbelt over Namjoo. The dark lake was now visible. They were going to have a hard dive because there was no open area ahead. There would be a bench then a shallow drop and they would be going head first.

Joonmyun literally felt the bones in his spine shift when the monster truck crashed into them from behind. The yacking yeehas of the high men burned into his ears. Joonmyun lost quick control of the wheel when they were force onto the grass. The monster truck rammed into them once more before disappearing down the road behind them. What they faced ahead was an even worse nightmare. Rows of trees threatened to tear the car apart. No matter how many times Joonmyun punched the brakes in a desperate act to stop the car, it surged forward.

The side mirror broke off noisily as the car rumbled over grass, jostling their bodies for the ride. The ear banging crash into the bench resonated into his ears for a long while before they finally flew forward then at last, silence.

Deep and dark. Cold and murky. Joonmyun puffed up his cheeks and tried to shake his head before managing to unbuckle his seatbelt after a struggle with the water pressure. Namjoo’s eyes were wide and open. He could tell that she was trying to savor her breath for the last moment. She turned when he neared and unbuckled her seatbelt. An expression of confusion flittered across her eyes, then bewilderment when she understood.

They were sinking into the depths of the river. There wouldn’t be enough oxygen to last them both the while as they swam toward shore, but if one could make it…

Namjoo thrashed her arms out at him and shook her head. A spout of blood poured from her arm the more she moved. Luckily, her window was open all this time. If he could get her through that she could be saved.

“I’m sorry,” he wanted to say, “for getting you into this.” But he couldn’t say those words. The pressure of Namjoo’s hits was lightweight. He barely felt them due to the water. Her eyes burst wider when his hands locked around her neck. Bodies floated. Even if Namjoo passed out for a moment, someone would find her. Daylight would break soon and early morning joggers would be near. She could be rescued.

Grasping onto his hand she stared at him sternly and shook her head again. If he could apologize once more, he would do it without hesitating. When their lips connected he gave her the rest of his oxygen before forcing her out the window.   


***It's an intro, that means there's going to be a story and it's in the planning. It's probably going to be somewhat like Blaze, but a whole lot different :) I think I'm going to delete The Other Woman. It just has no plot for me.