JLMR: Chapter 1

Just Love Me Right (Exo fanfic: Kai/D.O.)

It's here. It's finally here, the letter that is going to decide my future. With it, my dream was either going to start or end here.

Carefully opening the envelope, my frozen heart starts to beat fast as i tug out the letter with my name written on it. 'Do Kyung-soo' Stopping, i looked up to my parents face filled with anticipation as well.

"Go on honey, read it" a gentle smile forms on my mum's face. Encouraged, I look down, unfolding the paper and  beginning to read out loud. Well here goes nothing. 

"Do Kyung-soo. We have received your audition and we would like to say-" i pause to gulp, soothing my dry throat. 

"Well son, what does it say?" my dad's voice asks me.

Terrified, i force myself to read the next line. " you... are .. accepted." 

My eyes widen as i continue to read " Your audition tape placed as one of the top 10, so we would like to offer a talented student like you a place in SM Performance Arts School. Congratulations."

 Engulfed in a bear hug by dad, my mum starts to kiss me all over my face from the side. "See i told you would get in honey" 

"yep my son, we both knew you would. You are one of the most hardworking child, and see the hard work paid off. Now you are one step closer to your dream" My dad loosens the hug, allowing mum to join in the family embrace.

"Mum. Dad. Thank you." I burst into tears, clinging onto them tighter. 

---------- One Week Later-----------

"KYUNG_SOOO!! GET YOUR LAZY BOTTOM DOWN HERE, OR ELSE YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE ON YOUR FIRST DAY!" My mum yelled from the kitchen, gone was angel now there was a devil. Just a week ago we were in a group hug crying our eyes out, but she was back to normal again.

Ignoring her i continued to fix my uniform in front of the mirror. White shirt, dark-grey trousers, check. Striped tie and black blazer, check. The blazer was quite big for my small petite body but i shall grow into it... i will grow. Reaching for my short brown hair i ruffled it into a cute mess, there, done.

Walking towards the door i grabbed my bag and opened the door, to hear the start of another one of my mum's rant. "KYUN-"Slamming the door and loudly stomping my feet as i walked down the stairs to the living room, my mum stopped knowing i was coming down.

Seeing the freshly-made pancakes on the table, I quickly sat down on chair and began breakfast. Munching down the pancakes, i noticed the time '7:58' dam i was going to be late, school starts at 8:15. Quickening my pace, i chomped the last bite, grabbing the milk on the side and gulping it down in shot one. Getting the plates i went inside the kitchen to see my mum wishing the dishes used.

 "Here give it to me" she held her hand out, and i placed in her hand and rushed out to the main door.  Opening it, a light breeze followed after."Thanks mum"

"WAITT" my mum shouted, i stopped in my tracks, waiting for her. And soon enough she came running out of the living room with my bag in her hand. 

"You forgot your bag, honey" she gave it to me, then grabbed my arm. 

"you forgot something else as well, where my kiss on the cheek" she puffed a cheek out. 

"oh come on mummm" i whined like a child, as i leaned in and kissed her cheek. And she swiftly placed her own on mine, then patted my back. " Now go, you don't want to be late. Bye"

 Not wasting a second i ran towards the bus stop, like my life depended on it. When i reached the stop i was wheezing out of breath, i sat on the stop's bench. Just then a bus came driving into a stop before me, guess i'm lucky today. 

Pressing my travel card on to the surface, when it started beeping i headed for the empty seat at the  back. Then another beeping sounded, looking up i saw a boy in the same uniform as me, but his were not stiff and brand new like mine meaning he was a senior. The brunette came to the back as well and sat on the opposite side of where i was sat, his ears plugged with earphones. 

Looking out of the window, i stared at sceneries outside blur pass until the bus came to a stop and a voice announced "Sm Town Stop". Getting off, i looked around to see massive crowds of students heading into the school. Nearing the gates, a group of student with a student council badge were there, repeating the message "All students head to the Assembly Hall".

Following the crowd i entered the opened doors into a huge room filled with students buzzing all over the place. Spotting a person at the front corner of the room holding up the sign 'new students' i head towards that direction, as i came close the area was filled with students that had clean brand new uniforms like me. And a relief swept over me.

Soon the place quieted down, and the mess of students turned into neat rows and columns. When a man walked into the stage in front of us, the little mummers stopped and it became dead silent.

Leaning to the microphone on the stand, he held his hand towards my area.

"Let have a big applause to welcome the new students to our school" At the statement all the heads turned to our group in the corner, and started clapping their hands. Embarrassed from the stares most of students in the front line started blushing or fidgeting at the spot. Thank my luck i was in the second row, hidden away from the eyes of the seniors. 

Then, i saw him. 

In the front line, proud and tall, his eyes were unwavering even at the preying eyes thrown at him. His face was blank, a stoic expression as if the world was boring, a dead lifeless eyes. His dark brown mess framed his caramel tanned face, with strong jawline and sculptured features - he stood out like a black sheep in a herd of white sheep. Besides him was another one unaffected by scrutinizing eyes, he nudged the taller boy amused at the scene before them but the taller just ignored the shorter.

The senior students turned back, while some still looked on as the man who was the head teacher carried on with a speech. 

"That's Kim jong-ing" a voice whispered, barely enough for me to hear. Looking besides me i was met with a shoulder, dam tall people, looking up a face greeted me with a full smile. "Hi"

"Who are you?" i politely asked, trying not to sound rude.

"oh sorry, where's my manners, my name is Chanyeol. Park Chan-yeol." he answered cheerfully "sorry i saw you looking at him, and it looked like you did not know him, but wanted to"

I stayed quiet, staring at him and he continued, "He is the winner of the auditions this year, dance prodigy they call him. He has won many dance competitions since a young age and is famous around this town. Nowadays he is also getting spotlight on his rapping. With the looks and talent, he breezed through the audition. The one beside him is Taemin, another great dancer that has won dance championships as well. He is jong-in's best friend and greatest rival, coming in the top ten of audition. And i'm also within the top ten in the audition" he ended proudly.

"Oh also he is already a rising star in this school with the first place status. The seniors love and hate him."

Turning to the seniors side, I saw a group of girl seniors looking at him and giggling to themselves. 

   "By the way," He spoke again, does this guy ever stop talking? "I know about you too, your one of the top ten as well. Your quite popular too with your smooth voice, like that one girl over there that has been staring at you for a while now." 

He nodded to a direction, and i followed it to see a girl flush red as my eyes met hers. Hmm she is cute with her long ash brown hair, but i came to this school to reach my goal not to write a love story.

"...and that's the end. Seniors you are dismissed, head back to your current lesson. While the new enrolls stay in the hall." the head teacher finished as i turned back. 

The teachers of the form class stood in the front , as one by one they called out the students in their class and walked out together to their classroom. 

"Kim Jong-in " i looked at him, as he briskly walked to the teacher, joining Taemin in the line.

"Do Kyung-soo" the same teacher called out my name, and i walked to the forming line, so we are in the same form class. 

"Guess i'm in your form class" a voice merrily whispered behind me. Oh great, Park Chatteryeol, at least i was not going to be alone.

The teacher finished calling out the names and we all walked together into a room, which was going to be our form room.

We introduced ourselves to each other in the class, and got assigned to our seat. 

"Don't you think this is fate?" 

"no" 

"oh come on grumpy pants, this is a sign that we should be best friends" Chanyeol clasped his hands dramatically and looked down at me with dreamy eyes. He had to look DOWN at me while we were sitting down, this giant made me look smaller than i really am.

"no" i persisted with my response. Why was i stuck with him, now we sat next to each other, next don't tell me i am going to be in the same group as him for the SM concert. 

The Sm concert was a competition as well, as soon as we sat down the teacher told us that the whole school was participating in it. And we were already randomly put into teams, the seniors and juniors were mixed in the teams, and the amount of members varied as well- some were small as two while others had thirteen.

Blanking Chanyeol, i stared out of the window to look at trees, rustling at the pressure of the wind. Behind me was Kim jongin, looking at the reflection on the window, he was sleeping with his head on the table, i wonder if we are ever going to talk or at least introduce our selves to each other.

"Hiii~~" Well there's the answer to that "I'm Park Chanyeol, what's yours?"

"Oh sehun" a chic guy next to Jongin answered, i turned to face behind as Jongin rose his head at the same time.

And i blurted out "Do Kyungsoo" and with a nod he responded "Kim Jongin" 

Then the conversation just died down but Chanyeol kept talking, leaving poor Sehun to respond to him. Soon class finished and the teacher stated that in next period we were going to find out our team members. Heading for break, Chanyeol followed me around like a puppy, a giant over-grown puppy. Even though he talked alot, he was a fun person to be around, i was growing onto his presence already.

With Chanyeol babbling on, we went on our own mini tour of the school, walking all around. Suddenly a group of seniors started walking towards our way in the hallway, and i slowed down walking closer to the walls to not encounter them.

When suddenly i was roughly bumped onto a shoulder, the senior had purposely bumped into me. "Oh what is this? Is this new kid trying to disrespect us?" the monkey faced senior proclaimed, and the others in his group joined him, making howling noises. Seems like my luck finished.

"Come on, talk new kid" with a blank face i continued to not respond "HAH, just because you were top ten, you think you are all high and mighty now do you?" 

Still i ignored his words. Getting angered by my reaction he rose his fist "guess you need to be taught"

"Move, monkey face you're in the way" a deep and solid voice called out from behind.

--------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it!! Hopefully you didn't find it boring, but i am going to make this story a genuine love story that has time in it for them to actually fall in love, not the one like they meet and are already in love. It's just most boyxboy is just about having and i want to try a different approach (even though my first fanfic was like that >.<). 

I actually had more to write in this chapter but i realized the chapter was becoming too long so i moved it to the next chapter ! Now why don't you maybe comment down your opinion. About what you liked and not liked, do criticize me i'll listen and improve!!! go on hit me with it my body is readyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. ヽ(o'皿′o)ノ oh and vote <3 ...please...

 ~Aliz~