A present from the sky

Of bow and arrows and Mino

Cause I don't own you only

I can take this mistake

But I can't take the ache

from the heartbreak

 

You might think cupid as this little baby with a pair of wings fluttering behind its back, and its hands were holding onto a bow and a cute little arrow with a heart shaped point. The real one were...almost like that. 

 

Song Mino is a cupid. 

 

Believe it or not, he is.

 

Though he did not look like a baby holding on a bow and arrow. He did have a bow and an arrow for his cupid job though, he would make sure to stay clothed. His job was  shooting random people with his arrows and after that, the job got handed over to the love deities. The victims will automatically fall in love to whoever they see at first  sight. What happened onwards was the least of  his concern ㅡ this is what mundane mortals or best called as humans refer as 'love at first sight'. Mino does'nt belives in love at first sight even after all the he saw and all the task he had completed, he still does'nt have faith in that bull.

 

But to Mino, whether his arrows' victims to end being loved or, to be as broken as he was, he couldn't care less. The amount who has felt the poison of his love arrows are tremendous. He is very keen with his job.

 

People thought a Cupid as an immortal. The truth is, they are just as normal as us. They sleep, eat, drink, desirable, and will eventually die. They can be seen and touched ㅡ simply speaking, a cupid is like a normal human being.

 

They do have wings but for a certain Song Mino, he thought that they will only get in the way with his job, so he chose to not be showy with his pair of black wings. They were black because he is *special* — as how the god of matchmaker said himself — other wise, he'd be getting the usual lame white wings like the others. And yes, there were the others who were in the same boat as he is, being forced to work for the God of matchmaker.

 

Cupids were born normally.  They have parents and family. Cupids were not appointed since they were in cradle nor it could be heritable.  They were choosen ( unwillingly ) by the God of matchmaker by The Agreement. That was what happened to Mino. 

 

Being so young, too young to understand what love really means, he was willing to do any kind of stupid just to save the love of his life  ㅡ including sealing a deal with the God of matchmaker. Putting himself as second , thinking that he had everything he needed to live — with his lover — was a big mistake. He was decieved by the God of matchmaker. Now, he regretted his decision with every single cell of his body because he had lost the love of his life to the hand of another man and he is now tied to the oath he had made since he signed the oh-so-sacred agreement. Not enough with the heartache, he had to bear from the the fact that he has to work as an agent to make people fall in love ㅡ terrific.

 

Mino sat at the far end of the bus, looking out through the window. The vehicle was moving in a steady pace,  speeding to the next stop since the traffic was oddly clear that night. The dim beams from the street lights looked like dots of yellow sparkles whenever the bus passed through them. Mino was lost in his deep thoughts as he threw his sight at the night scene outside.

 

Mino sighed and lowered his shoulder on the seat. He was out on his usual duty a.k.a hunting his victims. One thing for sure, Mino hated his job ㅡ especially when he have graveyard shifts. Oh yes, working as a cupid have shifts too, like a normal office job. It was the idea of the God oh matchmaker himself, saying that it'll be more convenient. 

 

Convenient my . Mino snorted at the stupid idea. He closed his eyes, imagining his soft matteress back at home with a warm comforter and fluffy pillows he could be lying on. He could be deep in slumber right now but because if his duty, he had to stay up. Oh how he wished he was not as stupid as he was back then when he signed the damn agreement. 

 

Mino opened his eyes just to meet with the empty seats infront of him. Only the driver seat was occupied ㅡ obviously. The bus stopped and he lazily gathered his bow and slung it on his shoulder along with his arrows. He hopped out of the bus and inhaled the polluted night air. 

 

"Here we go again," he muttered before pacing to the club at the corner. He had an arrow ready on his left hand and his bow on the other. He walked lazily on the cobbledstone pavement towards the club while the eye of the arrow scratching his nape slightly and he had his head bowed to face the ground. 

 

Cupids were given a certain quota to be fulfilled by the end of the shift. Finish the quota, you'd be free for the rest of the week. Despite that, Cupid's work has a gazillion rules they have to obey. Mino had his own ways of handling his work and his own rules to get it done ㅡ it's not like all the other cupids were following the stated rules anyway. They were all too wrecked and stubborn to be  as loyal dogs under  written rules. The God of matchmaker wasn't complaining either. All he cares is; people get shot, people fall in love and the world would still be spining when love is in the air. Maybe this is why they say that love is blindㅡ because of all those cupids recklessly shooting their arrows.

 

Mino's rules are easy. Shoot whenever there were two person standing near him. He'll shoot aimlessly on those people. Either the arrow landed right on the heart and made his victims helplessly, thoroughly and deeply fall in love. Or the arrow will land on their head, arm, , or all other parts of thier body and the said victim will feel a slight tingling love in their heart that would'nt last long, he did'nt give a slightest to care. He had his heart broken,  why would he care if he'll do the same thing to someone else? He may or may not have been hurt by the arrow of a Cupid's though, that was in the past and he couldn't be bothered by it right now. 

 

Mino raised his head up when he heard a soft mellow voice chattering in front of him. He saw a girl stood up with her head down. She has that ordinary town girl look but not that Mino care how she look. She was engrossed with whoever she's talking to at the other line. She was probably waiting for someone ㅡ perhaps the person she's talking to in the phone. Mino glanced to the convenience store next to the place she's standing and saw a guy hugging the bag of his just-bought supplies, and he was about to walk out from the store. This guy is not so tonned but lean, nice haircutㅡ the newest in townㅡ sharp nose. Simply to put it in a word he was what do you call a Mr. Right. Perfect, Mino thought. 

 

Mino had his bow ready aiming at the guy. Mino inhaled deeply before releasing it slowly as he pull the band of the bow. The arrow's was held close to his right cheek,  slightly touching it. As soon as the guy exited the store and turned to walk away, Mino launched his arrow and the arrow safely triggered on the man's backㅡ on the left side, right on his heartㅡ  making the bag he was holding to drop and the stuff inside of it scattered on the pavement. Soon, the arrow disintegrate into thin air, and the man jerked a bit as if he was out from a black hole for a slight moment and was back into the real world before he has time to blink.

 

The previous woman who just ended the call saw him and went to him to offer help. As soon as the man saw her face, he was doumbfounded, bewildered by the sight that lied in front of himㅡ probably thinking that he had seen the most beautiful angel he had met  though the woman has the most typical face you'd found on Seoul's streets. His eyes probably gleamed a bit when he saw the woman as Mino can't see it from the spot he was standing but still could figure it out. Mino has seen that lovestuck look for so many times, he has it at the back of his head. Ninetheless, Mino could still see the sweet smile the girl offered to the man before helping him gathering his stuff. 

 

He used to be like that guy — happy,  nervous, anxious or however you describe it when you are near with the face of the person you love. Now he had lost that feeling.  He had lost everything.  He thought that he would never feel the same warmth in his belly whenever he see his loved one as he was afraid to fall into love trap once again. Another thing for sure, Mino can never forget the ache from the heartbreak.

 

Mino could just watch it from afar. Sometimes, he adored all those people he shot. They all have the chance to experience what loving someone felt like and soon, they may or may not ended up wrecked and devastated as he was. Deep in him, he missed that feeling, that warmth.

 

The corner of his lip curled upward a little but soon his face went as deadpaned as always when he remembered the ache that was still penetrated in his cold heart. After he saw the new couple walked away together , he took out a marker in his back pocket and pulled of the cap with his teeth, leaving the cap hanging between his lips. He pulled his left sleeve up and draw a slanted line on his inner arm. His tanned arm was dirty with marker stain. There were some that looked new and some that looked old and fading. 

 

"One..." he mumbled to himself with the cap of the marker still in between his lips. He sighed and  proceed to continue his previous journey to the club. He kept the marker on his backside pocket and slung his bow lazily on his back, with his hand still clasped on the handle ㅡ too lazy to hang it on his shoulder. 

 

His legs stopped automatically as he reached the entrance of the club. He craned his head and digest the name of the club written in blinking neon light above the entrance, though this was not the first time he went up here. He was just lazy to get in and settle his job. 

 

CHURROS

 

The club's name sounds funny. Whoever the owner is,  Mino was certain that he or she is not a Mexican, nor lived any close to Mexico itself . The club had a pair of wings in white neon as it's emblem,  situated right on top of the club's name. He felt like the emblem was mocking him and his job, so his face darkened as he proceed into he club. 

 

The club was packed. It's not a surprise, because it's Saturday night and it's almost 12, which meant the party had just started. Mino hated crowded placesㅡ clubs especially. Though, he can't complaint  This was the easiest place he can find victims. They all would be too immersed into getting drunk and dancing ㅡ usual party people socializing activities ㅡ to even notice his existence. Hence,  making his job easier. 

 

Mino pulled out all of his arrow from it's case and hold it in his left hand. He walked casually to the dancing crowds and by the second, he was engulfed by the crowd. He aimlessly stabbed an arrow after another on the back of dancing people on the dance floor. He made sure that he pinned it deep into the everyones's back, in hope that will make them fall harder until they're drown in the love effect all together. He wanted them to feel his pain. The  ache deep down in his frozen heart was slowly crawling out, making it infamous appearance and engulfed him, making he feel suffocated with each arrows he penetrated on every backs of his victims. 

 

Mino pinned his last arrow on one man who was dancing alone next to another man that he has previously strike with an arrow. It happened to be that by the time the arrow disintegrated, the man had his eyes on the man dancing in front of him. Their eyes met for a second before they started to pull each others collars and crashed their lips together. They probably waking up the next day, thinking that they were dead drunk the past night but Mino knew better — that the sole reason was because of the poison from the arrow that was conquering their mind,  clouded it by the beautiful that is called love.

 

indeed, as Mino 's heart crashed into pieces once again as he saw the sight in front of him. He remembered the past memory he had with his lover.  All of it come at the same time, crashing his mind.

 

Mino turned around, seeking for escape from this thought of his. He needed something strong. Alcohol.  Alcohol would do. He paced to the Island bar at the middle of the club and hastily sat on the stool before the bar. 

 

"Gimme the hardest shot you got," he said to the bartender. 

 

The bartender had his smirk on and slammed a shot of what it seem to be vodka in front of Mino. He gulped down in one go, and the bitterness hit the back of his throat, and the burning sensation slowly spreaded into his whole system. 

 

"Give me 8 more," he said. 

 

Mino is trying to get drunk tonight as it is the best way to forget all ty memory he had before, though he know that he was not easily drunk by simply drinking. 

 

"Tough night, ay?" A deep voice growled, startling him from his thoughts. 

 

He looked up and saw the face of a familiar bartender. He knew him. He was Kang Seungyoon, some acquaintance of his. He's a cool dude Mino can click with... somehow. Mino told him once about his job but he wasn't sure if the former would remember any of the details of it because it was way back in the past and he was totally wasted that night. Mino doubted he would remember.

 

"Yeah," he replied. His lips curled up a bit, showing his fake smile. Kang Seungyoon settled all 8 shots of liquors he ordered in front of him and then proceed with his job.

 

"I don't want to pry, but mind sharing the problem?" Seungyoon asked while shaking the concoction of the alcohol in the cocktail shaker before pouring it into the glass presented. He pushed the glass of cocktail away after outing a small decoration umbrella on it and ring the bell. 

 

"Nothing much, just caught up with same old problems," Mino sighed. He gulped his second shot of Vodka and let the burning liquid sink in.

 

"Really, Mino? You should forget about it and hook up or something. Have a little fun, bro," he joked.  Mino tried to laugh. Tried to. All he could muster was just a slight smile he tend to show but ended up as a mocking smirk instead. 

 

Seungyoon gave a small comforting emphaty smile, and then left him and attended his next customers.

 

 Mino took out his marker and draw more slanted lines on his inner arm. When it completely five, he crossed all the slanted lines with the marker. He got four sets of it on his arm now. He kept the maker back on it's place before grabbing the one shot glass in front of him.

 

Mino was about to gulp down his next shot of the sinful drink when a pair of limbs s behind him and settled on his shoulder. Mino was about to jerk the hands away harshly and ready to yell to whoever the was that tried to get into his pants tonight to themselves when suddenly a familiar hoarse voice reached his ear instead of a seductive soft one, "Hey, babe..." Mino's face turned more sour than ever.

 

"The do you want with me?!" He growled. He knew who's the voice belong to without turning his head to look at the person eye to eye. He was really well known with the annoying hoarse voice that he has been listening to since the most awful day in his life.

 

"Aw, baby Mino.  I'm offended. I came all away down here to meet you and you turned me down." The man has his hand on his chest and pouted his lips, pretending to be offended. He was tall, taller than Mino though the latter is currently  sitting but the other man's height was definitely taller. He had that charming lopsided grin that will swoon anyone, regardless their gender when they see it on him. He had a plain flamboyant T-shirt on, perfectly covered with a rider jacket. The front part of it was half tucked into his ripped jeans. He's wearing all black from head to toe ㅡsame as Minoㅡ making him look dashing under the dim light of the club. His hair was perfectly comb, and if you could manage to seek for a brighter light in the club , you could see the pink glitters on his hair. This man is the epitome of a hot pimp.

 

He was not as handsome as Mino but just as powerful to simply lure any girl and probably would manage to take them back home with a simple greeting. They were the types that wouldn't need to give extra effort to get girls for the night. Instead, the girls will come crawling begging for their attention. Though, Mino wouldn't  be affected by stuck up who would try their best to seek a way to get in his pants, Seunghoon was different. He'd probably be the one giving them the ideaㅡ you could clearly read it through his face. 

 

"Yeah offended my , you know I hate night shift, right? So why the why you gave me this shift?" Mino scowled at the man. He downed his third shot and slammed the glass on the bar angrily. 

 

"Aww, my baby Mino is angry. I'm sorry, babe. Lately we are short of man power. I won't call my best man to handle a puny job if we weren't desperate, " the man explained. He took one of Mino's shot and dunk it in his mouth. "Sweet," he mumbled and his grin widen. 

 

"Don't you baby baby me, my LORD.  You could always use someone else, I am not the only one on duty this week. We had a deal," Mino intentionally pressed on the word 'lord' just to mock the man in front of him. The man punched him slightly on the shoulder and laughed. The laugh sounded fakeㅡ just for the sake of the moodㅡ but Mino could care less. He didn't expect him to even follow any deal they have made anyway. This man in front of him is the master of the act of fake and troll from the beginning. He got used to not to have any faith on him.

 

"Told you to not call me with that title down here. Call me Seunghoon, ay?" He wiggled his eyebrows at Mino. Mino could just reply him with a loud snort and rolling his eyes. 

 

"I'm just respecting the God of Matchmaker, *ay*" Mino mocked the way he speak. "Plus, I don't want to be punished with more works because of my rudeness." He continued mockingly, the anger was still clear in his eyes. 

 

"Don't worry, my baby. I'll make up to you. I've already prepared a present for you. I'm sure you'll like it," Seunghoon flashed his smile at Mino. The latter could only roll his eyes again. 

 

"Mind me joining you tonight? Just a little bit more before I get back to work, ay?" Seunghoon settled on the bar stool next to Mino. Mino knew that even if he said no, his boss will ignore it and do whatever he wanted because he never take no for an answer. Mino also knew that arguing with him was pointless.

 

"Magarita for me, ay," Seunghoon hollered to Seungyoon who was busy shaking the cocktails and doing his little bar dance behind the counter. 

 

"Coming right up!" He replied. 

 

Seunghoon turned to Mino and settled his arm on the counter and propelled his head on it. "Why is my baby Mino looking sad?" He said while pouting.

 

"Dear gods, Seunghoon, for heaven's sake, please stop calling me that. You're made me sound I'm like your . I feel disgusted with myself." He shot glares at him but the former  just smiled cheekily as return. How Mino wish he could just wipe that annoying smile out of that y gliterred face. "You know why I'm pissed."

 

"I'm sorry bro, just for tonight ay?  I promise, " he said with his right hand raised up next to his face and his left hand draw a cross on his heart. Seungyoon served the salt -rimmed glass before Seunghoon and changed his gaze to Mino.

 

"Friends?" He asked while pointing back and forth from Seunghoon to Mino. 

 

"I don't know him, " Mino said nonchalantly.

 

"Aww don't buy him. I'm Lee Seunghoon, his superior, buddy, whatever you call it" he offered Seungyoon a hand shake and a warm smile. Mino chuckled at the fake name the former gave to the bartender.

 

"Kang Seungyoon.. the bartender, Mino 's acquaintance, drinking buddy, what ever you call it," he retorted while accepting the hand shake. "Gotta go,  hang out with you guys later," he said and made a click sound with his tongue  which was barely audible under the pressure of the loud background music. 

 

 

 

"Aw... my baby Mino is socializing now. I'm so proud. " Seunghoon said, taking a sip of his Margarita. His eyes landed on a figure at the far end of the club. The latter was sitting at the table with his friends laughing and all. He has the sweetest smile Seunghoon ever encountered. He was blessed by a pair of big eyes.  He looked like a cute little Bambi playing with his forest friends at his little forest playhouse. Seunghoon felt a scintilla of lust in himㅡ what the hell.

 

"Owh look at that hotties, on your 3 o'clock." Mino turned his head to the said position. His eyes landed on the same figure Seunghoon had been oogling a moment ago — Kim Jinwoo. He knew him, of course, how could he not when Seunghoon was practically talking about him all the time when they met. If only Mino could get a penny every time Seunghoon is talking about that petite guy, he would be drowning under the hills of dimes. 

 

"Come on, Seunghoon. Man up and talk to him. I'm getting tired of you spazzing over him like a hormonal teenage girl, but never do anything about it," Mino said nonchalantly, " you are the god of matchmaking. Use your godling power to get him or something."

 

"Mino darling, you see, I make mortals fall in love with each other but not to fall for me. That's against the rules. Plus, he's a mortal, I can't date a mortal," he explained. He took another sip of his Margarita and looked up to the Bambi guy again. Seunghoon is immortal. Of course, since he is a god afterall. After living his eternity life for quite a period of time, he came up with various names; Erosㅡ what people in Roman era called him — or the lunar god matchmaker was what ancient Chinese worship him by,  and then  Bes was what the Egyptian addressed him ㅡ simply whatever God that resemble love and desire. And now he came by Seunghoon — normal guy in mid  twenties ㅡ still a god, though lower in profile. Despite his immortality, he likes to live the modest and mingle with mortals. They were his source of amusement, as he said, that those ruler up there are busy bossing people around trying to manage the world so it'll spin in the right loop and he didn't find them fun to mingle with.

 

"Well, that's sad to hear that your god power is useless on him," Mino said sarcasticly. "We are in the same boat are we now?" Mino asked in a sarcastic way, "You and I are both chasing something that we could never get and yet we still yearn for it and both is love related. Voila,  and cheers to our pathetic life," Mino raised the glass shot and dunk the liquor in his mouth again.

 

"That is why I choose you to me my right man, my friend. You even get the special wings, ay," Seunghoon clasped his hand on Mino 's shoulder and patted him. "I hope you use it wisely. " 

 

"Those just get in the way, I prefer vehicles, thank you, and I am not fond of high places. I'd be glad if you present me a bike or something." Mino tried to strengthen his notion with a white lie. He was never afraid of height. Flying is fun if you ignore the cold breeze on your face and those tiny little insects that would fly into your mouth if you open it while flyingㅡ reasons why Mino is not really fond using this method to travel.

 

 

"Man you kids nowadays never know how to appreciate people's giving don't you? Back in the Roman era, you weren't even given a cloth to put on. All you babies fly in those cold weather but never complain and here you complaining about your wings. I am once again offended,"  he put down his glass and turned to Mino, " have I spoilt you too much Mino?" He asked.

 

 

"Not complaining. Just saying," he retorted with his lips curled down a bit.

 

"You should be grateful you weren't born in the Roman era or I would have given you a tunic instead of wings ya know and you can never complain." This time Seunghoon was the one to snort in annoyance. "Anyway I gotta go, enjoy my present for you," he said. That malicious smirk of his crawled back, finding it's way to settle on his lips.

 

"Seriously Seunghoon, you're a godmatchmaker not a santa" Mino said nonchalantly, pretending to be unperturbed though his face is now facing Seunghoon's. "What's the present anyway?"

 

"You'll figure that out later." Seunghoon got up from his seat and slowly retreated to the crowds and disappeared before his silhoutte had the chance to touch the sweaty bodies behind him.

 

Mino saw from the corner of his eyes that Seungyoon is heading back to his way. He turned to face him. Suddenly, a silhouette appeared out of nowhere and kissed him slopily on the cheek, making him and Mino startled and widen their eyes at the former. 

 

"Eww! Nam Taehyun!  You gross," Kang Seungyoon spat on the latter who was laughing cheekily at his friend's gag. Kang Seungyoon managed to wipe the saliva tainted on his cheek  on the  owner's shirt before he manage to slip away.

 

"Ha ha! I had my revenge on you,  you ," he spat back. The talking person suddenly met Mino's eyes and they stared for what have been felt like years before he retreated under Mino intense gaze. 

 

"Oh, Mino, meet the , Nam Taehyun," Seungyoon broke the icy silence stares of both parties and held up his hands as if presenting the person next to him to Mino, ", meet Mino, the customer,the acquintace i've told you before" he did the same on Mino,"Both of you play nice. I've got to do the last call," he said before disappearing behind the Nam Taehyun guy.

 

"Ssup, " Taehyun raised a hand in a quick motion as a greeting gesture to Mino. The man just reply him with a raised shot glass though his eyes never left him. Mino scanned the figure that has settled next to him from top to bottom. The dim colourful lighting in the club making Taehyun's brown lock sparkled at the end. He has a perfect nose,  nice cut jawline and a thin delicious looking pink lips. Mino wondered if it really does taste delicious but hastily brush the ridiculous thought out of his mind. The latter was wearing a grey hoodies with a tight jeansㅡ something that people won't wear to night clubs. Mino guessed that this person was not here for the sake of having fun or chilling out.

 

Nam Taehyun on the other hand was contemplating whether to just ditch Mino and follow Seungyoon back at the kitchen or be friendly with this person in front of him. He does look dashing... and handsome... and y. 

 

Wait what? 

 

Taehyun brushed that weird thought out of his mind and balance his chin on his palm in front of Mino. 

 

a bit of socializing won't hurt. he said in his mind.

 

"So..... you're regular here?" He asked as a starter. Mino, who was swirling the empty shot glass in his hand, looked up to him. He then pointed to himself as if asking a confirmation that Taehyun was referring to him.

 

"Yeah you, who else is here to talk to me?" Taehyun offered him a lopsided smile. Mino shrugged at the question.

 

"Well, if you consider every weekends is regular than that yeah, I am a regular." Taehyun was amused by his deep low voice. He can't help but to keep asking.

 

"So you hang out at clubs frequently huh?"  

 

"Not really. I just come here to clear my mind from thinking of my ex. But I'm pretty sure if I ended you getting too drunk, I'll call em eventually," he chuckled, " why did I tell you that?" 

 

" Well, it's not wrong to ruin someone else's life that has ruined yours, ya know"  Taehyun  cooed. 

 

 

"Interesting.. though that hair of yours makes you look like a girl, " he stated. Mino realised what he said after it was too late. He was contemplated whether he is drunk or just being honest. It could'nt be tge first option because he is good at handling alcohols but he does felt a bit tipsy.Taehyun chuckled sarcasticly. 

 

"Well thank you for saying me pretty but I'm sorry to disappoint you but.." he leaned forward a bit so that he can be face to face with Mino, " I am very manly," he said with a smirk. He then raised the liquor bottle and gulped down a mouthful of it. Taehyun is fully aware that he has a low tolerance in alcohol though he just wanted to impress the tanned man that was sitting in front of him. He does'nt know why but he just feel like it.

 

 

"What do you do for living?" He asked. He sipped the liquor again. He felt a bit drunk and nauseous now. He know he should stop or he won't be able to walk out of this place and have to settle sleeping on the bar instead, because knowing his friend, Seungyoon, is a major and he won't risk an ounce to drag him home.

 

"I'm a Cupid," Mino replied sincerely. Taehyun was not so clear with the answer so he ask again.

 

"I'm sorry, what?" 

 

"I'm a Cupid," the man repeated the same line as before. Taehyun know he is a bit drunk but not that drunk and his brain could still process the words correctly. Though he still can't believe it.

 

"You gotta be kidding me," he slurred. But Mino's face show none sense of joking. He looked almost too serious and he said it casually. "You were kidding, right?" Taehyun asked for assurance. 

 

"You don't believe me?" Taehyun squinted at the man. "Watch me. "

 

The next second Taehyun saw Mino grabbed on his back, and a black bow appeared out of thin air along with a case of arrows. Mino then grabbed one arrow and aimed it on Taehyun.  The latter was surprise and jerked away. He thought his mind was playing with him, but surely it doesn't now.

 

"Holy !Where the did you get that! Bro!" Taehyun raised both of his hands in surrender and without notice, he accidently released his grasp on the liquor bottle and the bottle dropped onto the ground carelessly, though the crashing glass sound couldn't be heard over the loud music.

 

Mino smirked before directing his arrow away from Taehyun's face and pointed it on the back of the young boy. He was aiming for Seungyoon who was chattering with a young lady on the other corner of the bar. Mino released the arrow and it passed by Taehyun's eyes in a speed of light. He was about to warn his friend but before he has the chance the arrow has safely penetrated on the man's arm. 

 

"," he murmured by the time the arrows disintegrate. He saw Seungyoon stopped his action and stared at the girl sitting in front of him in awe. The girl was waiting for him to continue but he looked too bewildered to response. Without further due he then grabbed the girl's face and planted a short kiss on her lips.

 

Taehyun eyes widen at the scene. "The did you just do to him?" he hollered at Mino. The latter was smirking and the bow and arrows has no longer in sight. 

 

 

"That is what we call the power of love," he cooed over exaggerating on the word 'love' with extra hand gesture. Taehyun was at the lost of words. The only thing he could understand was that he was probably too drunk and that was just a part of his drunken hallucination.

 

 

"I-I think I'm too drunk.  I gotta go," he said before he dashed out of the club in haste. Mino was amused, and he decided to play some more with this new person he found amusing. 

 

Taehyun was on his way to the bus stop when suddenly, a silhouette of a man blocked his path. He looked up to see Mino was standing before him.

 

"Move away, Puss. You are weird, and I'm to drunk to care. Make way so I can go home, " he said. He realised that trying to socialize with this man was a bad idea. He shouldn't have listen to Seungyoon because everything that came out of that boy's mouth was bull. 

 

"? Who're you calling kiddo?" Mino leaned his head forward and stared the young man in the eye. Taehyun doesn't want to back off . It's not that he's scared with him anyway ㅡ well, maybe a little, since this man can shoot anyone he wants. 

 

"You" he retorted. 

 

"Me?" 

 

"Yes."

 

"? I'll show you what is," Mino said maliciously. He approached towards the young man slowly, yet intimidating. He took off his rider jacket and dropped it on the ground carelessly. Then, he slowly pulled out the hem of his tucked shirt out. The expression of the young man in front of him changed in slight second, from smirking to scared. The corner of his eye flinched a bit.

 

"W-what are you doing?" He asked as Mino got closer to him. He was astonished by the tonned body in his sight. The tattoo on the man's chest was making him looking more appealing. 

 

The man then grab the waist of the thin frame in front of him. "Hold tight, honey," he whispered at his ears before the  wings behind him spreaded wide.

 

Nam Taehyun was bewildered with the sight of a pair of black wings in front of him, but at the same time shocked. He was about to run but his legs refused and his brain worked too slow than usual. Before he know it, he was already up in the air. 

 

He was wriggling in fear in the tanned man's arm but the latter hugged him tighter and he was stranded in between those tonned arm. "Song ing Mino put me down! " he yelled at the former's ear. He didn't realise that he was clasping on the man's shoulder too hard that his nails were practically ducking in his flesh deeper and leaving red nail marks on it, though the latter didn't even flinch at the pain. 

 

"I'd do that but we are at 10 ft up in the sky. If you still want me to put you down, I'll do it," Mino teased.

 

"Okay, okay! I mean — no, no! Don't put me down! Drop me, and I swear I'll kick you to hell and heaven back and forth like a volleyball!" He threaten. 

 

Mino could only chuckle at his etiquette. Nam Taehyun hugged him like his life depending on it ㅡ  practically, it does. He has his eyes closed tightly, refusing to look what lies before it and choose to swallow his scream. 

 

"Heol... How sad that you can't enjoy the beauty right now. It's so pretty," Mino said. His wings flapping heavily and Taehyun could literally hear the sound of it in his eardrum. He wished that Mino could just stop with the tease and put him down. He was not fond of high places.

 

"Put me down! Put me down! I don't give a if it's beautiful or what.  I don't admire beauty — I am the beauty! " Nam taehyun shrieked. Mino couldn't agree more, though he would like it more if Taehyun drop the sass and admit that he was scared.

 

"OK OK. Shish." Mino found a landing spot which was at the top of an abandoned building. He speed up to that spot and settled down smoothly. He let go of Taehyun though the latter quickly grab his shoulder after a second they landed, afraid that he'll drop to the ground and meet the death angel faster than he expected. Somehow, his brain was too focused on living that it refused to digest that his legs has landed on the planate surface.

 

"Hey, we are on the ground now," Mino said softly though he still has that amused smile on his face. The former openned his eyes slowly,  very careful as if something might dash into his face if he did it faster. The terror he was waiting didn't came up on his sight, instead a handsome smirking Mino was blurring his mind. But Nam Taehyun was pissed at the latter. His handsome face won't help him to lessen the heat in the boy.

 

"You crazy bastard! I could've died up there!" He shrieked. "The are you, Song Mino. You are not human aren't you? Get away from me be ㅡ "  Nam Taehyun didn't get to finish his words because this body was turned but the man facing the other way. "Holy ..." he whispered. 

 

The sight in front of him was the most beautiful thing he had see in his lifes after his mother. The neon lighted the whole town in various color. It looked like rainbow scattered around the buildings and the splash of lights. When lights hit the glass of those skyscrappers, the reflected made it more vibrant and shiny. Nam Taehyun cannot describe how extraordinary beautiful it was.  He felt like shedding touched tears, though Nam Taehyun was not the type to cry in front of people so he held it in. 

 

 "It's pretty, isn't it?" 

 

Taehyun turned to look at Mino in the eyes. The deep voice startled him from his admiration, though he wasn't complaining. He liked the voice talking to him, though he won't admit it. He could only nod.

 

"I know I'm pretty, thank you. " he retorted. Mino chuckled at that statement. 

 

"I mean the city." He said. 

 

"Oh.." he smiled awkwardly, "I know, I'm just joking," he looked back at the city. "I-it is." 

 

"I recall that someone said that he doesn't sure beauty but look who's astonished by the sight," Mino said sarcasticly.

 

"I was panicked," Taehyun rolled his eyes, "Plus you didn't even tell me that you gonna... I mean we..." he paused.

 

"We what?" Mino looked him in the eye. 

 

Taehyun wasn't aware of their closeness. Mino's face was inches away from him. He couldn't help but to trail his eyes on the handsome features — from his thick eyebrows, down to his perfect nose, then to that pair of intimidating predatorial eyes staring at him, but he wasn't scared by it, instead he was attracted to it. And then slowly, his eyes trailed down to his lips. The rim of his lips is in darker shade . He looked like someone who smoked constantly, and that made him more alluring. It's hard to refuse this suave infront of him. Nam Taehyun felt the strongest urge to just lean and taste it.

 

Taehyun did what his mind told him, though he wasn't fully awake until he did it. He grabbed Mino's neck and smashed their lips together. There was a spark, an exhalirating one. It gave both of them a shock. The need to dive deeper into the sinful taste made Taehyun realised his action. However, when he was about to retreat back , the latter cupped his face and deepen the kiss. 

 

Taehyun's gasp waked Mino from his impromptu reaction. He was the one to break the kiss first. Taehyun was a bit disappointed about it.

 

"Uh... sorry for the assault. Reflects," he said trying to not lost his composure.

 

"I-I am sorry this is not supposed to happened I-I got carried away too, " Mino stuttered. For the first time since they encountered that night, Taehyun saw Mino as someone different. He was pissed at first because he felt rejected but when he saw those scared eyes on Mino, his anger vanished.

 

"Hey... What's wrong?" He asked in a soft voice. He wanted to hug him, to pat his back, to make the glint of fear in his eyes gone, but he was afraid the latter might reject him again. 

 

Mino was contemplating to tell the boy the truth about his life or not, though he know the latter need explanation from him. "You see Nam Taehyun,  I am a Cupid for a reason.  I've lost love I don't want to loose it again. " The fear in his eyes now replaced by nothingness. He is back to his cocky mask. 

 

"Hey, I'm not trying to get in a somekind of deep relationship out of sudden too, but I know I want you. You do too. Don't  try to deny it, because I know you do," he paused. "We could take it slowly." He flashed at his confession. Clearing his throat, he averted his gaze towards the glistening city. 

 

To be honest, Mino did feel the spark too. He felt the attraction, same as Taehyun felt on him ㅡ if not, he won't reply that kiss. He'd have refuse but he doesn't. 

 

"Ok... maybe we are too drunk.  Maybe this is just alcohol influency," Mino tried to reasoned out to Taehyun ㅡ or more likely to himself .

 

"You think?" Taehyun cooed. 

 

"We... I... we.." Mino cannot find any legit reason to give. The fact that he did feel his stomach rumbled like big tides hitting the shore during heavy rain whenever Taehyun was near him made him scared. He don't want to fall in love again. Not now. Not after his lover had left him. 

 

He knew that he can't bare to see his love of life walk from him again. Especially if the person is Taehyun. It's funny how they barely met few hours ago and now they are confessing ㅡ or more like one of them is confesing.

 

"This... this feeling we had... I don't know if it's true or something else. Maybe some other Cupid has shot you with an arrow," but Mino knows better. If it's another Cupid he could've seen it or knew it but this is not the issue. The fact that he too felt it makes him worry more. 

 

"I... I'm just saying I like you. It's okay of you don't like me back. I'm not pressuring, " Taehyun was trying to not cry in front of Mino. He is somehow heartbroken.  He couldn't blame him though, if he was position in his shoes, he'd probably reject him too. All of this sounds odd to his own ears. They just met for the first time, but everything happened way too fast. " I think I should go home," Taehyun then turned around to leave. He cannot take the tension of the situation, he could cry right there and then , but he don't want that to happen so it was best that he leaves.

 

"Wait.." a hand grabbed his wrist, preventing him from walking away. "... don't go," the voice sounded almost pleading in his ears. "I didn't mean that...  I-I'm confused.  For all these years I've been living in the dark, scared for life because of the one I love the most walked away from my life without even saying goodbye. I was heartbroken and I don't want to feel the same anymore," he paused and closer the gap between his body and Taehyun's. "Will you promise to not hurt me if I accept?" He asked, almost whispering, on Taehyun's ear. His body now was close with Taehyun's back. The latter then turned, facing him.

 

 

"I don't know what happened before,  about you and your past love but I'm telling you now, I am not the type to keep his promise so I can't promise you, " Taehyun looked down at his shoes, afraid to look at Mino in the eyes, " but if you could give me chance, I might change and proves to you that I'm not the same as your past love. " 

 

Mino cupped the beautiful face, who was as red as beetroot. Taehyun had no other choice but to heads up and looked back at him. Their eyes met and Mino seemed lost in his. Mino's hands were cold against his skin but the cold feeling doesn't bother him. Mino was probably shivering in the cold inside because of the lack of clothes on his torsos, but he didn't complain. 

 

"We'll take it slowly okay? " he said

 

"Okay"

 

Mino brushed Taehyun 's cheek with his thumb. "This is dangerous. Taking a chance is risky but... a thing you should know about me is that I like to take risk," He said  before leaning in for a kiss. Taehyun was half expecting that to happen or more likely to wish it to happen. He thanked the god of love for hearing his wishes somehow. He clasped his hands on Mino's neck and brought him closer to deepen the kiss

 

To Mino, he wasn't completely sure with his decision, though he that know he wanted it. He thought that his friend is playing the love game with him. Seunghoon is cheating again. Though this time Mino was grateful he did.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the opposite building, standing in the dark was a silhouette of a man. He had a flute of wine in his hand and he swirled the glass while watching the newly couple on the other side. A set of bow and arrows slung on his shoulder.

 

"Heh, told you you'd like the new present I gave you," he said while smirking before disappearing into the darkness.