Is Someone Up There?

Is Someone Up There?
"Taeminnie, you're going to service?"
 
I look up at Kibum hyung and nod my head.
 
"Ne. I'll be back soon."
 
"I should be more like you." He says with a shake of his head.
 
"How so?" I ask, surprised.
 
"The way you are with our religion. You're a lot better than I am. Look at you, attending service."
 
"We're both not that bad off, are we?" I smile a little as I say this.
 
"Well, I am. I can't remember the last time I attended service. Or prayed, for that matter!"
 
"Do you really think there's someone up there to listen?"
 
We both turn around to see Jonghyun hyung walk into the room and hands me my bible.
 
"How did you miss that? It was on the desk near your bed." Jonghyun hyung says as he smiles with a shake of his head.
 
"Ah, gomawo!"
 
"What do you mean 'do you think there's really someone up there to listen'?" Kibum hyung asks Jonghyun hyung.
 
"Sometimes, praying just feels pointless, Kibum-ah. It seems like you never get an answer and what you pray for never happens. It's as if that person up there hates me. If there is a person up there, that is." Jonghyun hyung says.
 
"Hyung, don't doubt. Just keep faith and everything works out. It may seem like He isn't listen but He always does." I say.
 
"How do you know this?" Jonghyun hyung asks.
 
"It says so in the Bible. He sees and hears everything." Kibum hyung says.
 
"Well, I can't remember a lot of things the Bible says. When was the last time I read it?" Jonghyun hyung says.
 
"I've been doing pretty bad with that myself." Kibum hyung says, seeming ashamed.
 
"Hyungs, don't you realize it's been awhile since the last time I attended a service? I'm not always able to pray or read the Bible. Sometimes I'm too busy or I might just be too tired to even think about it. We might not be perfect and I don't think He expects us to be. One thing never changes: I love Him and He loves me. We came from Him, didn't we? He gave us a place to live, didn't He? His child died for us, didn't He? That says a lot. He doesn't expect us to be perfect human beings or else we wouldn't be human. Just love Him and believe in Him. Thinking about Him each day or talking to Him in your head is even some form of praying. As for the Bible, we carry it in our hearts, don't we? We might not remember everything in it but we remember the important things. As for worship, you don't need to attend service. There are many different ways to worship Him. The crosses or Rosaries I wear are a type of worship. It's like He's always here with me, even if I'm distant from anyone else. There is someone help there, hyung. Someone who cares more than anyone else and someone who loves endlessly."
 
Kibum hyung smiles at me as he says, "Taemin-ah, you really are better off than me."
 
"Than both of us!" Jonghyun hyung says.
 
"There's someone up there better off than everybody." I say with a smile.
 
 
*******************************************************************************************************
 
Ah, this made me feel good to write! <3
 
Thanks for reading! ^^