-52 Degrees

Description

WARNING:  Chapters may have mild swearing, violence or ual content.  If any of this offends you, feel free to leave this page.

Author's Note: I was going to write a short summary for the description, but I figured that since I don't care to read other people's summaries, I shouldn't care whether I have one or not.  This story is complete (in my head), so I hope to finish this before summer comes.  Way before summer comes...

P.S. I'll get a poster up soon.

Foreword

Jihae turned over and smiled thoughtfully at the sleeping face in front of her.  Though she knew that she was not as in love with him as she pretended to be, she thought he was beautiful nevertheless.  A playful blow of air escaped her lips and Junhyung wrinkled his nose in response.  He had been awake as well.

He returned her smile when he opened his eyes to see her peering at him curiously and she then closed her eyes as though his awakening cued her to fall asleep again.

"Oh no you don't," he said teasingly, pulling her against his body by the waist.  When she did not react, he leaned down and bit her nose, causing her to groan and lightly hit his chest.

"Junnie, that hurts," she whined, rubbing the spot where his teeth had been.

She peeked through slits when she felt light pressure on her nose and realized that he rested his own nose on hers with his eyes closed peacefully once again.

It was during times like these that she wondered why she never had feelings for him.

What was their relationship anyway?  Just a "give little and take triple"?  How did it even start?  She could barely remember, but she knew that from beginning to end, every kiss they shared, every hug, every touch, every glance, just everything...had been empty...it was completely unlike what she felt only last week...

Unconsciously, Jihae closed her eyes and pictured herself in Kikwang's arms again.  Though it was wrong of her to have ended up with another man (even if she was drunk), she did not feel even a bit sinful.  In fact, she felt more heavenly bliss than anything, and though she denied him the chance to explain or talk to her, she knew that she wanted him as badly as he wanted her.  If only Junhyung wasn't in the way...

As though he felt her drifting away, Junhyung's tightened his grip around her waist and placed a warm kiss on her lips.  A kiss she did not feel.  Not emotionally, at least.

"Is something the matter?" he asked, whispering softly against her lips.

Though Jihae was thankful that he did not notice her lack of response as much as he normally would, she remained quiet and hoped that he would let her fall back asleep.

Junhyung sighed and let her go when over a minute passed in awkward silence, and Jihae opened her eyes for a split second to see Junhyung getting up and stretching.

Even without muscles, his body was nice, she thought, trying hard to keep her position.  She knew that he realized her scheme, but it was worth trying anyway.

The cold air that he left by getting up slowly went away when Junhyung leaned in, supporting himself with his hands on either side of her.

"Talk to me if you need to, love.  I'll be here as soon as I'm done with work," he told her in a low voice and kissed her cheek.

She could tell that he was hurt by her sleeping act.  Not that she cared.  Anything to get him out of the house.

As soon as she heard the front door creak to a shut, her eyes shot open and she sat up.

Sometimes she wondered if she should feel guilty.  Jihae shivered and ran her fingers through her hair to relieve it of tangles.  It was the end of winter, but it was still cold, and she wished more than anything to have natural human warmth.  But she didn't.  Kim Jihae was a naturally ice cold person.  Inside and out.