When Morning Comes

Don't Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Morning Comes

            When Kyuhyun finally woke, the sun was shining in through the apartment windows, warming the whole room.  He was beginning to sweat from the light on him and the multitude of covers on Ryeowook’s bed.  As his eyes fluttered open, he was surprised to find himself alone.  He figured there was body heat contributing to the warmth he felt as well.  But he really shouldn’t be surprised, he told himself.  He kind of half expected this.  Ryeowook did warn him.

            He got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to shower quick before going in search of his lover, who clearly didn’t want to see him at the moment.  They’d made love three times before dawn and he was a mess.  Probably didn’t smell the greatest either, which wasn’t going to endear him to anybody.  He took his time, letting the water cool him off and to remember the events of the night before, but they were all too fresh in his mind.  Hell, if he didn’t manage to work things out with Ryeowook, he didn’t think he would ever forget him sufficiently to ever move on.  The only way forward was going to be with Ryeowook and not to let him go again, but he was going to be fighting an uphill battle to win him over and he knew it.  Still, the little bartender was worth it and he knew that now.  It was just a matter of making Ryeowook realize the same thing.

            Kyuhyun dried off and styled his hair.  He knew what looked best on him and he was going to use everything in his arsenal at this point to woo his little lover, no matter how long it took.  He headed back to the bedroom and changed into blue jeans and a t-shirt before heading out to the kitchen, where he heard noises. 

            There was a bit of disappointment at finding Heechul in the kitchen eating lunch, but Kyuhyun wasn’t entirely shocked.  He nodded at the man and looked around, still hopeful. 

            “He isn’t here,” Heechul said, making a disgusted face as he chewed.  “He left us some fried rice to eat, but I wouldn’t recommend eating it.”

            “Why’s that?” Kyuhyun questioned, walking over to the container that still sat out on the counter.

            “It’s a bit salty,” Heechul said, taking another bite. 

            Kyuhyun searched the drawers until he found a spoon and then tasted it.  It was terrible, as Heechul suggested. 

            “He’s usually cooks much better than this, so he must have accidentally put too much soy sauce in or something.”

            “I know he does,” Kyuhyun said, grabbing a glass from the cupboard and filling it with water.  He drank some to kill the salty taste in his mouth.  “I don’t think it was on accident.  He told me that he was going to hate me again in the morning that this is probably some punishment.  Last night he gave me your half of dinner and it tasted incredible.”

            “You !  I could have been eating good and instead I’m left with this !  And after I gave you my bed to sleep on too!”

            “I didn’t really sleep there.”

            “I suppose that explains this note though,” Heechul said, flinging the paper over to Kyuhyun.

           

            Heechul-hyung & Kyuhyun,

            Help yourselves to lunch.  It’s in the fridge.  Enjoy!!!

                                                            xoxoxox  Wookie

 

            “I think he’s mad at you for inviting me over as well,” Kyuhyun said, nodding.

            “I thought I was helping him out.  He’s been miserable for two months now,” Heechul complained, taking another bite and cringing.

            “Why the hell do you keep eating that?” Kyuhyun questioned.

            “Because I don’t cook and I don’t have time to order something before I have to leave for work,” he explained.  “Trust me, what I make isn’t going to taste any better.”

            Kyuhyun walked over to the fridge and looked over its contents.  There was a multitude of fruit and he decided that was better than nothing for the moment.  He took out some and searched around for a knife to cut it up with. 

            “There’s probably some yogurt in there as well if you like to eat sweet stuff right away in the morning.”

            Kyuhyun nodded.

            “So what the hell happened last night that he’s so pissed off at you?”

            “I told him I loved him, we slept together, and now he’s in denial about his feelings. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter