Final

Hide in Moonlight

He met the moon spirit.

And it would be a lie to say that he couldn't remember exactly when or how.

He remembered perfectly the extremely cold day it was, that dawned with no even a ray of sun in the sky, it was cloudy, windy and freezing. It was November and according to the weather channel, the first snowfall of the year was expected.

He remembered the inexistent desire he had to get out of bed, Jaebum never liked the cold, so his perfect plan for the next months until spring, was staying in bed watching tv, wrapped in his blankets with a cup of hot chocolate to keep himself warm.

His plans didn't go as he wanted, obviously, but by now, he was even thankful because he got to know him.

A very, very cold November night, he met the moon spirit.

As ridiculous as it might sound. Many people might think he was a bit out of his mind if they heard him say that out loud. He understood, though, if he had heard something similar, he would have thought the same - spirits and other supernatural things didn't exist.

But he was so wrong, because they existed and he met one of them.

That day, after he was forced to get up and after finishing some errands, he found himself walking alone on the sidewalk, near a park.

It was so cold. But strangely, and contrary to morning, the sky was so clear that it could be seen the biggest full moon he had never seen. It was amazing how close to earth it seemed, how big, round and incredibly bright it was that night.

A magnificent sight to behold. He felt a bit silly being this amazed, taking into account the ordinary thing that was the moon.

And just as perfectly as he remembered the day, he also could recall every single detail about him.

While walking enthralled watching the moon, he noticed someone else standing in the middle of the park with his eyes also lost staring at that shiny sphere, looking at it curiously.

And suddenly, the lunar spectacle became so bland and insipid next to that boy, who was even more beautiful. The most beautiful thing Jaebum has ever seen.

Jeabum stood like frozen, enchanted with the boy's beauty for what it seemed like hours when, all of a sudden, the boy turned to him, staring at him with an  amused expression and JaeBum’s heart started to jump on his chest at see those eyes looking at him directly.

Every millimeter of his face was perfect. He had a beautiful face with sublime features and his skin was perfectly white, beaming. His eyes glowed singularly in the dark night.

The boy approached to him, grinning and waving. As if he was happy to see him.

And everything stopped. In Jaebum's universe, the passing seconds stopped when they were closer and he could see a slight, almost imperceptible light emanating from his body and a deep, beautiful eyes staring at him.

It was then when Jaebum decided to take him with him. Because the beautiful boy was just babbling incoherently of himself. Spirit? Yes, of course.

He was just a lost and bewildered boy who needed help, food, hottest new clothes and a warm place to spend the night, until remembering who he was exactly.

But who in their right mind would take a stranger into his home? Jaebum did. And he would have acted just like that night a thousand times. Because that's how everything began.

It had been a short time.

Months that seemed like minutes. Minutes in which, together, wrote a lifetime.

It was amazing how a person may feel so lonely after meeting someone.

Why that happens?

Jaebum's life remained the same now than before he arrived. He had his family and friends but even with company, he felt so alone. Why did he feel now that he couldn’t breathe? Why did he feel so empty?

He smiled wistfully. If someone a few months ago have said that he'd be sitting on a swing in a park hoping to find a spirit, he would have never believed it. He would have laughed.

In spite of that, there he was.

Waiting for someone who existed only in fairy tales.

Missing someone who was nothing but a rumor.

Loving someone who lived just in dreams.

Someone who, however, was real. As real as himself.

And now he was there, in the park where they first met, waiting for him to return.

He was there looking at the sky but it was new moon so Jaebum couldn't see him. But could he see him?

It was kind of ironic having to remember him on a day without moon. Perhaps because he couldn't see him and he wasn't sure he was still there.

And, as everyday, Jaebum wondered when he would return as he had promised it.

'I'll be always watching you' he told him the night he went away.

'And how can I see you?' Jaebum asked in a whisper, refusing to let him go.

'Look at the moon, I'll be there. In the moonlight I'll be hidden and only you will know; so only you can see me'

Those were his last words before vanishing.

How much more time would pass until he return?

How much more he would have to wait?

Why he had to go in first place?

Sometimes, just sometimes, he felt that it was an unnecessary waiting. It was stupid wait for someone that perhaps never existed, that maybe only lived in a dream.

But he had spoken to him, he had touched him, had embraced him. He had felt how their hands intertwined easily and how his lips fit perfectly with his. He had heard his soft voice in his ear.

Jaebum knew he was real. And if he wasn't, then couldn't wait to dream about him again.

He also knew for sure that he was going to wait for him, always.

Every day, he'd go at the same time to that place, he'd look at the moon and would think of him.

He would wake up every day hoping to see him again and would sleep hoping to dream about him.

Doubtless, he will be waiting for him, even if it take a lifetime.

He would be waiting, always.


 

Hi Everyone!! It's me again! 

This is happens in my mind... so... I really liked it XD So I hope you like it too!! 

I'm thinking in write a long fic with this!! What do you think?! Let me now!!! :3

Enjoy it!! <3