Letters

October Drabbles

Rating/Warning : none

Thanks to everyone who have read, commented, subscribed and upvoted this story.

 


 

Oct. 16

 

Dear Aboji

I miss you.

 

Dear Aboji

I hope you’re happy and healthy. I’m getting over my sadness of having to leave home. I’ll try my best here.

 

Dear Aboji

I have made new friends, they’re nice. We hang out together a lot. Last weekend we went to noraebang and they said I have a nice voice. I have you to thank for that. So thank you, for giving me a nice voice.

 

Dear Aboji

My classes are going fine. The teachers are all nice, but the assignments are endless. But please don’t worry, I study hard and I have tutors to help me. I play hard but I study harder.

 

Dear Aboji

I finally finished my exams. Yaaaay! Also, I got invited to some party. And before you freak out, I will be there with some friends, I will wear appropriate clothes, I won’t accept drinks from strangers, and I won’t get drunk. I also have my pepper spray with me. I’ll have fun and I’ll stay safe. Trust me, okay?

 

Dear Aboji

I met a boy at the party I told you about. He was cute and he was nice. He took care of me. Don’t misunderstand, I meant that he watched out for me. He didn’t let me get drunk, he made sure I wasn’t left alone with any boys and he walked me home. The best part was he kept his hands to himself. I think I like him.

 

Dear Aboji

I met that boy again, he was working part time at the coffee stall where I always get my morning fix. His name is Minhyuk. Do you think this is fate? Because I really want to call him Hyuk….

 

Dear Aboji

Minhyuk asked me out on a date today. I said yes.

 

Dear Aboji

The date was great and I think I like Minhyuk even more.

 

Dear Aboji

I think I’m dying. Is this how broken heart feels like?

 

Dear Aboji

Forget my last letter! It was a misunderstanding. Please don’t kill Minhyuk. I know you want some explanation so here it is. Last week I went to the mall where I saw Minhyuk with another girl. He kissed her cheek and I thought the worst of him. Turns out, Minhyuk has a twin brother, Minjoon, and he was the one I saw on the mall. But now I’ve met with the both of them, even Minjoon’s girlfriend. We’re going to go on a double date next weekend. So please Aboji, keep your baseball bat away.

 

Dear Aboji

Minhyuk asked me out and I said yes. He’s now my boyfriend. Be nice to him, because he treats me like a princess.

 

Dear Aboji

I’m coming home for the holiday. Minhyuk is coming with me. He wants to introduce himself. Please don’t scare him off, I really really really like him.

 

Donghae folded the latest letter he received from his beloved daughter and yelled for Hyukjae.

“Hyuk! Haru’s bringing his boyfriend home.”

Donghae could hear Hyukjae’s laughter. Moments later, his husband came into his study and sat on his lap.

“I know. It’s all she’s been talking about during our calls. Promise me you’ll be nice to him?” Hyukjae said as he bumped his nose against Donghae’s

“Why do you always gang up on me?” Donghae mock pouted.

Hyukjae ruffled his husband brown locks. “It would means so much to her. At least try? Who knows, maybe you’ll like him.”

Donghae sighed and pecked Hyukjae’s lips. “Okay, I’ll try. But he better treats Haru well. If she ever cries because of him, then I’m pulling all stops.”

Hyukjae smiled softly. “From what she told me, he treats her like a princess.”

Donghae groaned and buried his face on Hyukjae’s shoulder. “She’s my princess. I don’t want her to be someone else’s princess.” He mumbled.

Hyukjae patted his husband’s shoulder consolingly. “There there, at least she’ll be a princess wherever she is.”

“You’re taking this way too coolly.” Donghae complained.

Hyukjae snorted. “Our daughter needs one level headed father and since you’re only good at moping, I feel the need to step up to the plate.”

Donghae playfully smacked Hyukjae’s thigh. “I’m not moping.” He pouted for real this time.

Hyukjae raised an eyebrow and flicked Donghae’s pouting lips with his finger. “Nope, you’re not moping.” He teased.

Donghae caught the finger and nipped at it. “Fine.” He said around the digit.

Hyukjae understood the one word as the acceptance Donghae’s too proud to say explicitly. He dropped a kiss to the top of Donghae’s head. “I hate to think how you’ll react when Haru brings back her fiancée.”

Donghae spluttered indignantly, but any protest he had was swallowed by Hyukjae’s smirking mouth. Hyukjae just loved teasing his husband.