final

Greek God on the 6:00pm bus

MONDAY

As always, Tao was grumpy the whole day. Usually it’s “FRIDAY sickness” for everyone, but apparently for him, it’s “Monday sickness”. He hates Mondays.

1st he needs to wake up at 5:00am coz he needs to attend the flag ceremony at 6:00am. A minute late and his adviser will punish him and by punish he means cleaning the boy’s bathroom which he never ever once entered. Why? Because it’s a dumpster. It smells and it’s disgusting as . 2nd he needs to sit and listen for 3 long hours about history on his History class. And 3rd, it’s his turn to do the groceries.

Mondays for him is tiring.

There’s only one thing to look forward to at Mondays. His 5:30 to 7:00pm ride home. For other people that’s a long time but for him, it’s too short. Time is too short for someone like him who’s looking forward to something, or more like, someone.

 

----------

To: ChenChen

Subject: My Greek God

He’s here! He’s wearing an all white outfit today! I hope he sits behind me again! Damn he’s gorgeous!!

----------

 

Tao send the message to his best friend ChenChen. After 30 seconds or so, his best friend replied. He sends 2 messages.

 

----------

From: ChenChen

Subject: YOUR Greek God

What happened to “I HAD THE WORST DAY EVER” earlier???

----------

From: ChenChen

Subject: YOUR Greek God

…..just talk to him already! You’ve been squealing for the past 3 months about how handsome

he is and how he always sits behind you. When will you have the balls to talk to him?

p.s. DO YOU EVEN HAVE BALLS?

----------

 

“What the actual…….” Tao didn’t say the last part coz his Greek God is already behind him and he doesn’t want the guy to hear him say the F word.

 

----------

To: ChenChen

Subject: BALLS

I HAVE THEM OKAY! Talk to you later~ He’s already sitting behind me.

Gotta burn his image in my mind while I still can.

----------

From: ChenChen

Subject: duh~

By “burn his image in my mind” do you mean staring at his reflection on the window

and pretending you’re looking outside when you’re actually looking at him?

----------

 

Tao snorts at the message then he chuckles. His best friend knows him too well. What a cute little friend he got.

 

----------

To: ChenChen

Subject: duh~

Yes, I mean “staring at his reflection on the window and pretending I’m looking outside when I’m actually looking at him”

Happy now? :<

Laturrrr

----------

 

So, that’s that. That’s the only thing he’s looking forward on Mondays, his Greek God who’s sitting behind him right now. The guy has been his fantasy for 3 months (and counting) now just like what ChenChen said. It all started one Monday when Tao is on his way home from school. Obviously he’s tired as hell. He was staring outside the window when the bus stopped. He’s not really paying any attention no matter who gets on or off the bus until this tall (dirty) blonde guy gets on and starts walking like a model in a runway.

Tao always sits on the last rows (for two) on the back of the bus. When this guy starts getting on the same bus regularly, somehow, Tao realized how this guy always sits behind him. He doesn’t know if he’s thinking too much about it or if this guy just really likes sitting there just like how he likes sitting on the last row. Like, of all the places to sit, why ALWAYS behind him?

Tao only knows 3 things about this handsome guy. 1st he’s a Greek God. 2nd he gets on the bus at exact 6:00pm regularly and 3rd, he’s always sitting behind him.

 


TUESDAY

----------

From: ChenChen

Subject: YOUR Greek God

Since I know you’ll text me sooner or later about him, I decided to do it now.

Just a suggestion………

Why don’t you sit somewhere else today and we’ll see if your delusion about him hinting that he noticed you is true or not.

Maybe he just really likes sitting on the back?

 

----------

From: Taozi

Subject: text

…that’s a long one.

I want to do it but I’m scared to know the answer.

----------

From: ChenChen

Subject: JUST DO IT!

We’ll never know if you don’t do it. False hope is painful.

You know that right?

----------

From: Taozi

Subject:  …………..

…………………I know.

----------

 

Tao took a deep breath. He’s so nervous. He did sit somewhere else. Instead of the usual last rows (for two) he sat in the front, 2 rows behind the driver. He nervously watched as the clock on his phone turns 6:00pm and the bus stopped, the door opens and he literally just closed his eyes tight as he turns to the window so no one would see his expression right that moment.

Disappointed. He come home sad and disappointed coz his Greek God didn’t sit behind him just like what he’s been praying. The guy sat on his usual spot at the back. That night, ChenChen tried to text him, he even comforted him even if he didn’t tell his best friend what happened. Still, his mood didn’t change at all.

 


WEDNESDAY

----------

To: ChenChen

Subject: Last night

Sorry I worried you.

Comfort me. I’m BROKEN HEARTED.

I DON’T FEEL LIKE GOING TO SCHOOL TODAY :/

 

----------

From: ChenChen

Subject: School

Go. I’ll pick you up later. I’ll treat you anything you want~

Sorry about last night.

 

----------

To: ChenChen

Subject: ANYTHING I WANT

I screen captured just in case.

Don’t worry about last night, not your fault ^^

I want to try those 5 scoops of different flavors Ice Cream.

SEE YOU LATUUUR :D

----------

 

Tao sluggishly gets off his bed and starts getting ready for school. Since there’s no time to cook breakfast, he settled with toast bread and a glass of milk before literally running to the bus stop coz if he misses it, he’ll be late.

School was ….fine. Half of the time, he’s not paying attention to the teacher. Actually, no one does. They’re all doing their things. It’s not like he’s the only one dozing off so he guess its fine.

At 5pm, class ended. As soon as the bell rang, his phone vibrated. He didn’t even bother to look at it. He knows too well just who texted him. ChenChen waved at him as long as their eyes met. His best friend is all smiles.

“Hi!” ChenChen greeted him using sigh language.

“Hi~” Tao finally smiled. First one in the whole day. “It’s your treat today~”  he used sign language too.

“UGH~” ChenChen literally groans. “I know! Let’s just go before I change my mind.”

“Okay” Tao answered using his hand sign. Yes, ChenChen is mute and hearing’s not that good too so they prefer talking through sign language and using their cellphones.

 

They walked to the bus stop, Tao is kind of reluctant coz the way to the mall is the same way to his house. Means, he’ll still see his Greek God. He’s been trying not to think about the guy for the whole day. He’s got a broken heart on his own, how pathetic. This guy obviously didn’t do anything at all.

“Can we take a taxi instead?” he asked his best friend who immediately shook his head.

“We can’t. Taxi’s expensive” he answered.

“But I don’t want to see him.” Tao pouts a little.

“Stop being a kid” ChenChen smacked the back of his head.

“THAT HURTS!” Tao voiced out while rubbing the back of his head.

“Here” his best friend gave him a headset. “Just take a nap while we’re on the bus. I’ll wake you up when we arrived.” He smiled at him.

“Good idea.” Tao said before taking the headset.

At 5:30pm the bus finally arrived. They sat at the usual 2 rows at the back and as soon as Tao felt comfortable on his seat; he took his phone out, plugged the headset and tried his very best to feel sleepy. He even played some instrumentals so he’ll fell asleep as soon as possible. After a while, he’s already using ChenChen’s shoulder as a pillow.

At 6:00pm the bus stopped again. Only one guy gets on. ChenChen looked at Tao, he’s still snoring. Good, coz he thinks Tao’s Greek God is the guy who just gets on and sits behind them. ChenChen judged the guy; he looks handsome just like what Tao said. No wonder his friend his head over heels.

At 6:30pm ChenChen shook Tao awake. They reached their destination. Tao didn’t even think about looking at his Greek God. He knows he’s still there; it’s not his stop after all. That was the first time Tao is getting off the bus before his crush. Everything was fine until they set one foot out of the bus. It suddenly starts raining. Not even a sign, just a sudden heavy pour like the heavens hates them that much. It’s not like they can cancel their plan since they’re already there so they looked at each other before they ran to the rain hand in hand to the nearest store for a shelter.

 


THURSDAY / 4:00am

----------

From: Taozi

Subject: Rain

I hate rain. But, we should eat that ice cream again! It’s delicious and I will definitely buy that Gucci bag we saw last night.

 

----------

From: ChenChen

Subject: W HA T ???

You texted me @4am in the morning just to say that? Really Tao?

R EALLY????

 

----------

From: Taozi

Subject: no L

Actually I didn’t fall asleep at all. I feel sick and my head hurts so much.

I have a fever.

 

----------

From: ChenChen

Subject: oops

Sorry. I’ll come visit you later today okay? I’ve to attend my class, I’ve a test today.

Stay strong peach!

DON’T DIE!

 

----------

From: Taozi

Subject: --

I’ll die. I’m all alone  L

Hurry finish that test and BRING ME FOOD.

 

----------

From: ChenChen

Subject: --

Okay omg haha. I’ll order food for you. I’ll stop by KFC first thing in the morning okay?

Make sure you’ll answer the door when it arrives.

 

----------

From: Taozi

Subject: ur my guardian angel

Thanks. I’ll wait for it. I’ll try to sleep now. 

----------

 

ChenChen’s class ends at 5pm on Thursdays. He ran to the bus stop as soon as he’s done taking his test. At 6:00pm Tao’s Greek God gets on the same bus.

 

----------

From: Taozi

Subject: I’M DYING

WHERE R U?

 

----------

To: Taozi

Subject: OMY

Your Greek God’s here and he looks kinda pissed.

 

----------

From: Taozi

Subject: ………..

I’m moving on from him. Please don’t talk about him.

More importantly. I’m  HUNGRYYYY

----------

 

ChenChen unconsciously laughed at the message. He just finds it cute when Tao is being honest with his needs. Even if Tao is one tall guy, he’s nothing but a kid inside. He whines a lot and he always bothers him. But he’s definitely a good guy. He learned sign language for him so they can communicate after all. It’s rare to find someone like that now.

 

----------

To: Taozi

Subject: kid

Okay~ okay~ anything you want to eat?

Want pudding?

 

----------

From: Taozi

Subject: ----

Pudding’s good too but I want strawberries.

THANKS. HURRY.

----------

 

The bus stopped right after he finished reading the last message. Luckily, he saw a store selling fruits. He gets off the bus to buy Tao’s strawberries. Little did he know that he’s not the only one who gets off the bus.

He bought strawberries and is on his way to the bus stop again when his phone rang. It’s not a text message, it’s a call. He never gets a call because everyone on his contact knows he can’t talk. He frowned and it just gets deeper when he saw the caller id. It’s Tao. Why would Tao call him? He ended the call and immediately texted his best friend.

 

----------

To: Taozi

Subject: R U INSANE?

….or are you pranking me? Why call when you know I can’t talk?

----------

 

After a minute or so, Tao still hasn’t replied. Now he’s worried. Di something happen? Did Tao suddenly got worse? He’s so worried for Tao. He suddenly felt a little weak so he sat and starts tapping his knee coz the bus is taking so long, too long.

“Hey~” One guy, no, not just a guy. It’s Tao’s Greek God who calls out to him. “Are you okay?” he asked. ChenChen forced a smile coz he doesn’t want to look rude. He typed on his phone as fast as he can then he showed it to the guy.

“Hi! I’m mute, can’t talk at all. Hearing’s kind of bad too so please talk to me using you phone if it’s not too much of a trouble for you”

“Oh! I’m sorry.” The guy said. ChenChen shook his head then starts typing again.

“I’m okay. Thanks for asking” after the guy finished reading, he took out a small notebook and a pen from his bag then starts writing.

“The guy you are with yesterday? Where is he today?” the guy wrote. ChenChen’s kind of shocked, so this guy really knows about Tao. He made a questioning look so the guy starts writing again. It took him a while before he finally showed it to ChenChen.

“Sorry I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Wu Yifan but everyone calls me Kris. I’ve seen you yesterday with the other guy who’s always sitting in front of me on the bus. I’m just wondering where he is today?” when ChenChen finished reading, Kris passed him the notebook and the pen.

“I see you’ve been watching him” he showed it to Kris who avoided eye contact and starts scratching the back of his head. “Please don’t feel uncomfortable or anything. I’m just his best friend.” He showed it to Kris with a teasing smile this time. “He’s sick today. We ran through the rain yesterday so he caught a cold and he’s down with a fever. I’m actually on his way home right now but then he called me a moment ago. He never calls coz well~ I’m mute and he knows it too well so now I’m worried for him coz I texted him and he won’t reply.” When Kris finished reading ChenChen passed the notebook and pen.

“Now I’m worried too. Can I come with you? No need to let him see me or me see him. I can wait outside his house. I just want to make sure he’s okay?”

ChenChen hesitated a lot. How can he take Kris with him? He knows that the guy looks decent and looks like he won’t do anything bad but still, he’s a complete stranger. He’s mute and Tao’s weak right now so if something is to happen, they cannot really defend themselves.

Kris saw the hesitation in ChenChen’s expression so he starts writing again.

“I’m not a bad guy I swear. You can hold onto my things while I’m with you. My phone’s speed dial for police is 5, you can hold onto it too.” He showed it to ChenChen then he offered his phone. ChenChen didn’t take the phone and just stared at Kris who starts writing again. “Please? I just really want to know if the guy’s okay. I won’t be able to focus on anything like this.” He gave the notebook and pen to ChenChen so he can write his answer. ChenChen accepted it with a sigh.

“Okay fine. Gosh. You sound like you like him.” He showed it to Kris who blushed as soon as he’s done reading. With that, ChenChen knows what is up. He starts writing again and he showed it to Kris when he’s done. “I’m ChenChen by the way and my friend’s Zitao but everyone calls him Tao.”

 

They took the taxi coz the bus is seriously taking forever and they’re both so worried for Tao. Kris tried to call Tao too but he won’t answer. It’s always the voice mail answering his calls. Kris paid for the taxi.

At 7:00pm they arrived at Tao’s house. ChenChen immediately ran to Tao’s room with Kris following him. When they opened Tao’s door, the poor guy is lying on the floor.

“OH !” Kris loudly voiced out as he helps ChenChen to carry Tao to his bed. “He’s burning up.” He said and ChenChen nods at him worriedly. “I’ll go get warm towels. Where’s the kitchen? Bathroom?” he asked. ChenChen typed on his phone then he showed it to Kris who literally ran as soon as he’s done reading the instructions.

 

At 8:00pm they are both finally relaxed and just waiting for Tao to wake up. Kris suggested taking him to the hospital but after they sponge bath him, his fever goes down a lot. ChenChen was tired so he fell asleep. He did all the work after all; he wiped Tao’s body and helped him change. Kris volunteered to made some porridge while ChenChen is wiping Tao’s body, he cannot really stay there coz it’s kind of awkward.

At 8:30 ChenChen is deeply asleep; Kris is the only one awake inside the room. It was so quiet so he was starting to doze off too when Tao starts . Since he cannot take to wake ChenChen up who’s sleeping so peacefully at the couch, he went to Tao instead.

“You’re awake?” he asked.

“mmm” Tao answered with his eyes closed. “ChenChen?” he asked. Kris didn’t answer, looks like Tao still hasn’t realize that there’s someone else beside his bestfriend in the room. “So your voice is that deep” he chuckles. “Where’s my strawberries and pudding? I’m hungry.” He said. Kris remembered the paperbag ChenChen was holding earlier.

“I made porridge. Eat that first and drink your medicine.” Kris said. “I’ll go get it.”

“mmmkay” Tao answered cutely. Kris blushed coz Tao is just too cute to be true.

Kris gets the porridge at the kitchen. He also washed the strawberries and made sure that the pudding is on the tray just in case Tao didn’t lose his appetite. Believe it or not, he’s all smiles. He cannot believe it, he cannot believe he’s really on Tao’s house and taking care of him.

He went back to Tao’s room, ChenChen is still sleeping and Tao is still hugging his panda plushie. Yes, a panda plushie. Cute right?

“Hey~ you awake?” he asked him.

“Mmm~” Tao slightly nods. “You know….your voice…It doesn’t suit you. It’s too deep.” He said weakly.

“uh~” Kris said unsure what he should say or do next. “Right. Just…sit up and eat you food?”

“Carry me~ can’t move~” Tao extended his arms still eyes closed. Kris knows it’s bad to deceive someone.

“Tao, I think you should open your eyes now.” He said.

“Why” Tao asked. “The light is hurting my eyes. Can’t you just, feed me? You always do it.” He whined.

“Just do it.” Kris said. Tao groans but still did what he was told.

He slowly opened his eyes. It took him a while before he can clearly see, his eyes adjusted to the sudden light after all. The first thing he saw was ChenChen sleeping on the couch. He frowned. If his best friend is sleeping, then who’s the one he was talking to. He looked at him and it took him a while again before he starts blushing from head to toe.

“OH MY GOD!” he suddenly said. “You!!! ….what are you doing here?” he asked before realizing the situation they’re in. He buried himself under his blanket. “OH GOD!” he repeated once or twice silently.

“You know me?” Kris asked. He’s a little excited to know that Tao knows him. “I know you too. You’re always sitting at the back of the bus. 2 last rows right? I’m sorry I suddenly came here. I saw your friend earlier and you’re not there when I rode the bus so I got worried and….”

“Wait! Stop!” Tao said. “You’ve been watching me?” he asked.

“……………….yes.” Kris answered. No need to lie now right? “Your friend let me come with him so now….I’m here.” He explained.

“I’ve…..”

“Huh???”

“I’ve been watching you too.” Tao confessed. “I call you MY GREEK GOD” he said.

“What? That’s kinda……….”

“I’ve been watching you for 3 months and you really do look like a Greek God. Especially last Friday when you’re wearing that red pants and white shirt and your hair is all over you face.” Tao confessed more and Kris cannot help it but chuckle at the confessions.

“I don’t know what to say.” He said before sitting down at the chair beside Tao’s  bed. “hey~ let’s do this right.” He said. Tao slowly peeks out of his blanket, his blush is still obvious.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“I’m Wu Yifan. I work as a barista at EONS. I usually get on the bus to work at 6:00pm and gets on again at 5:00am to home.” He started. He smiled at Tao who’s still blushing either because of his fever or because his crush is in front of him. “Your turn.” Kris said.

“Hi~” Tao started. “I’m Huang Zitao. I’m in college, 3rd year. I usually get on the bus at 6:00am to school and at 5:30pm to home. It’s nice to finally meet you My Greek God.” He said in a whisper.

“It’s nice to finally meet you too Zitao.” Kris said with a gummy smile. “From now on let’s sit together at the 6:00pm bus.”

“That’ll be …………….nice.” he said shyly.

After their introduction, Kris helped Tao to eat his porridge and drink his medicine. Tao ate some of the strawberries too and he ate half of the pudding. ChenChen is actually just pretending to be asleep coz it looks like Tao and his Greek God is having a good time together and he doesn’t want to interrupt.

Kris calls someone from work and took a sudden leave so he can take care of Tao. He doesn’t really want to leave Tao and ChenChen on that state. He’s not that heartless.

 


FRIDAY / 5:00am

Tao woke up because he heard the water running from the bathroom. When he’s completely awake he intended to sit up but then he realized that someone was laying their head on his hand. He’s not close with anyone who has a dirty blonde hair and ChenChen is obviously the one in the bathroom. So…….

“WHO ARE YOU!!!?????” Tao panicked and pushed the head that cause the man to fall on the floor with a loud thud. Kris stared at Tao with a frown

“Uhm? Yifan?” he said a little cautious.

“Wait….WHAT???” Tao asked. ChenChen came out of the bathroom with his toothbrush still inside his mouth. When he saw the scene, he smiled to Tao then he gets inside the bathroom again like he didn’t see anything at all. “I…….I thought last night was a dream.” He said with a blush creeping on his cheeks.

“Unfortunately, it’s not.” Kris said with a smile before standing up. “Good Morning Zitao.” He greeted him with a gummy smile. Tao blushed so hard he could pass as a tomato.

“Go…good mornig…….Yifan ……gege~” he greeted back before burying himself under his blanket just like how he did it the previous night.

 

-end-