Hyukhae (2)

Seeking Equilibrium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Pairing: Hyukjae x Donghae

Synopsis: After visiting his best friend at the hospital, Donghae finds himself in trouble with his alpha for the numerous mistakes he made. Despite how sweet and kind Hyukjae usually is, his alpha is relentless in disciplining him.

 

 

 

He was a brat, he knew.

 

He wasn't one with the brightest mind or the most patient temper, but he tried for the sake of his alpha.

 

He knew Hyukjae had always been soft on him, and though he didn't want to take advantage of his alpha's kindness and love for him, it always ended up this way.

 

To begin with, he already took advantage of the alpha right at the start – his two best friends still made fun of him from time to time for jumping Hyukjae during his first heat. Usually, the omega didn't have a choice, but in their case, it was Hyukjae who didn't get to choose.

 

Because when Donghae picked up that scent from afar during his heat, he knew it belonged to the wolf that was going to become his alpha. The undeniable scent had screamed mate to his heated body.

 

Thus, he never stopped feeling like he had used up all his luck in this life when Hyukjae turned out to be the best alpha he could ever hope for. Sure, they started out rocky, but all pairs of mates, especially with the combination of alpha and omega do. And with his friends' and Sora noona's help, Hyukjae had became the best gift from Mother Nature in his life.

 

As such, when he made Hyukjae truly angry like now, the guilt was enough as a punishment for him. Additionally, his alpha knew exactly what worked best as punishment for him.

 

Hyukjae had never used a cane on him again after the first time; the alpha barely laid fingers on him except for the occasional slaps and harsh grabs when the alpha lost control to his dominant nature. They had once discussed it when the alpha apologised for the loss of control, and though Donghae was fine with it and understood, the alpha never stopped apologising every time it happened. Still, corporal punishment was not something for either of them.

 

His alpha preferred to discipline him with another type of punishment. The harsh words Donghae could stand, but what truly gnawed at his conscience was not the guilt. Rather, it was when Hyukjae seemed so disappointed in him that the alpha ignored him.

 

"Lee Donghae." The cold tone caused him to flinch instinctively in his spot. He glanced at the alpha from the corner of his eye, recalling how Hyukjae had called his name so emotionlessly at Sungmin's ward earlier. "Shoes in the cabinet," his alpha reminded nonchalantly, stepping past him to enter the house. Cursing at how angry he had made his alpha, he took two steps back to the foyer, picking up his canvas shoes and shoving them messily into the cabinet the alpha had left open for him. He was about to slam the door close when he paused in contemplation, reaching out again to arrange his shoes neatly like how Hyukjae usually did it for him. Turning around to the empty living room, Donghae sighed, trudging to the bedroom to look for his alpha.

 

 

"Hyukkie?" He peeped cautiously into the small door gap he had opened, catching his alpha in the midst of changing.

 

As though the alpha didn't hear him, Hyukjae ed his formal shirt in front of the mirror, coolly sliding the fabric off his shoulders to reveal the toned chest. Donghae gulped at the delectable sight, before abruptly snapping out of his stupor.

 

No matter how hot dominant Hyukjae was, now was not the time to be admiring his alpha's body!

 

Suppressing his ridiculous desires, he slid through the gap, quietly moving towards his alpha. Even if the alpha was definitely aware of his presence now, Hyukjae's expression and actions betrayed nothing. Donghae pouted, knowing that his alpha was strong at the ignoring-my-omega's-existence game when he had decided on it. Glancing at the t-shirt and track pants that laid on the bed, he picked up the t-shirt, reaching forward to exchange for the shirt currently thrown over his alpha's shoulder.

 

However, his alpha, who had been rotating and massaging his stiff neck, deftly avoided his hand and threw the shirt onto the bed instead. Without a word, his alpha snatched the t-shirt from his hand, swiftly wearing it.

 

"Hyuk—"

 

Donghae released a low whine when his alpha picked up the pair of pants and exited the room.

 

 

 

 

~~

 

 

 

 

It wasn't often that he resorted to this. And out of the few times that he did, it wasn't often that he resorted to this this fast.

 

But it was different this time. Hyukjae had already given him a warning the day before with the threat of the cane the alpha's uncle had gifted them (whether it was meant to mock them or a sincere gift Donghae didn't know). After he had spilled about the help he gave Sungmin at the party, as well as how he kept Sungmin's identity a secret because of a promise to his friend, Hyukjae half-ignored him the entire evening. He had wanted to rush to the hospital that night to see Sungmin, but with Hyukjae upset with him, he didn't dare to ask. Instead, he assumed Hyukjae wasn't planning on visiting till the next day.

 

He found out he was right when Hyukjae told him to change in the morning for the trip to the hospital. Though he was upset by Hyukjae's cold attitude, he was glad he would be able to see his friend.

 

But he didn't expect that after bumping into Junhyung and Hyunseung at the entrance and was told what exactly happened to his friend, the next they saw at the lift lobby was the cause of all his friend's suffering. He had lost control – he assaulted an alpha.

 

And though Hyukjae had lashed at the bastard too, he knew his alpha was severely upset by his poor behaviour.

 

Rules are there for a reason, his alpha always said.

And societal rules are those one definitely should not break in public, his alpha always said too.

 

And that was exactly what he did. He could tell from the fire in his alpha's eyes that Hyukjae was struggling to keep in control again and to be honest, he was surprised that his alpha didn't punish him physically right at the lift lobby. The alpha's self-control always managed to amaze him – because he knew how much trouble he could be at times.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter