— not an end ( author's note )

held him captive in a kiss ; a jeongcheol collection

Hello, hello!

Did you see this update coming?

After 500 years, I’ve returned!

I must admit that I had difficulty writing for the past couple of years. I’ve got a few pieces to show for it, but I don’t think anyone other than my closest friend will see it since I don’t deem them great enough to post here. Throughout that period, I had subconsciously considered this collection as a burden. I felt like so many people were trusting and depending on me to write exceptional stories. I pressured myself into thinking that my writing journey should be a curve moving upwards, where every piece I churn out is better than the one before. My perfectionism played a part in this as well.

This hindered me from writing properly. The piece I last promised you was in the works for six months, give or take, and to this day, it isn’t finished. Writing it felt like I was in a dead end. After I acknowledged that I had no passion in that piece, I took a break from writing fan fiction. I enrolled in a writing workshop and produced a short story, which I may show to you one day. I wrote bits and pieces afterwards, although they’re of no substance.

But now, I’m proud to say that things are looking up now. I’ve come to the realization that writing is supposed to be liberating. Writing is supposed to be fun. Not overwhelming, not stressful, not a burden. That’s why I started doing it in the first place. I no longer want to be trapped in the notion that just because I have written stories that people like, I owe them more of these stories. This notion had set me back. I realize that the only person I should be writing for is myself. For my own happiness and wellbeing.

This does not mean I am ungrateful of you. I am, I truly am, more than words can express. You have been with me for a long time, or a short while, or any duration for that matter. Your comments brighten my day and your support makes me joyous. I wouldn’t have become the writer I am now if it weren’t for you. I’d like to say to you: thank you. Thank you for loving this collection, for giving it a chance, for being on this journey with me. You have given me an opportunity to grow, flourish, and improve. It’s an honor to be the writer of the stories which make you happy.

However, I want to write stories that not only make others happy, but also myself happy. If I’m not happy, I won’t be able to create stories that I’m proud of and that I want to share with others.

I’m beginning to write again, and it feels awfully good. I’m still taking it easy, slow and steady, but I’m heading somewhere. But, I suppose I need a clean slate, which is why I’m ending the collection. But I’m not really ending it.

The collection will end here on AFF, but it will continue over on AO3. The reason why I choose to move to that platform is because of the writing community there, of which I have heard plenty of great things, and the better traffic. I believe a new platform will refresh and enhance my writing experience.

I will repost all the stories on here on AO3 and update the collection as soon as possible. I know I’ve never offered you any concrete timeframe, and I am regretful of that. But, in compensation, I’ve decided to write a chaptered Jeongcheol fiction through which I can get my bearings on writing again. (Yay!)

As I’ve said, I’m writing for myself, so do not expect much of this chaptered fic. It’s a fluffy piece that makes me smile when I’m writing it, and that’s good enough for me.

You can stay tuned to my AO3 for when I’ll post it! I hope to see you there. If you don’t want to move to AO3, it’s alright. I’m immensely thankful that you’ve stuck around and read my stories. Even if you are only a silent reader, I appreciate your presence here. Thank you for reading what I’ve written.

If you do want to read on AO3, you can create an account here. A little note: You’ve got to wait for several days before you can make one.

I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments! Feel free to ask me any questions you’d like! I’m going to answer the comments more frequently now, ehe.

Thank you for being the best readers I could have ever asked for. You have given me a lot, and I hope I can do the same for you in the near future. Please stay healthy and happy! I love you. Much love for you all. <3

( color-flames )