The Game

Is This All Just A Game?

Seulbi’s Point of View-

I was sitting on the small hill outside the baseball field. I always came here after dance practice. My twin brother waved to me from the field. I waved back and noticed that he was starting to run toward me. He was wearing his baseball uniform which he practically slept in. He loved baseball and had been playing it since he was 6 before our father died in the fire.

“Seulbi!” I heard my brother say as he stopped in front of me.

“Hey Sungjong. What’s up?” I asked and stood up.

“Sungyeol is coming over for dinner tonight. His parents are out of town tonight and asked if he could come over. He will walk home with us after practice too.” Sungjong explained then was interrupted by my best friends.

“Sungyeol is going over to your house tonight?” Jihyun asked.

“Yep. Well I have to go now. I just wanted to tell you.” Sungjong said then ran back to continue practice.

“Did you hear that Gayoon? Sungyeol is going over to Seulbi’s house tonight.” Jihyun said and nudged my side.

“Do you have protection?” Gayoon asked.

“Shut up. He probably doesn’t even think of me like that.” I said and sat back down on the grass.

“Never know.” Gayoon said and they both sat down beside me.

Jihyun and Gayoon were my two best friends. We met when we were 5 when we all joined a local dance studio. We became friends instantly and have been together ever since. Jihyun is the sister of another player on the baseball team, Woohyun. Woohyun has a crush on me and everyone knows it. I try to ignore it but sometimes I have thoughts of actually dating him. He has never actually told me he likes me to my face but I know he does. Sungjong and Woohyun are best friends and joined baseball at the same time. Like my girls and I, they are also inseparable.

We all have crushes on someone on the baseball team. Except for Gayoon who has a boyfriend on the team, Dongwoo. Jihyun can’t decide between Sunggyu or L, but seems to like Sunggyu more. I like Sungyeol. I’ve liked Sungyeol since elementary school when he stopped some girls from picking on me.

“They’re done now.” Gayoon said and stood up.

“How do I look?” Jihyun asked trying to fix her hair a little as she stood up.

“Trying to look good for Sunggyu?” Gayoon asked and nudged Jihyun’s side.

“Shut up!” Jihyun’s face turned red as she pushed Gayoon away.

“Don’t worry. You look beautiful Jihyun.” I said and stood up also.

“Thank you Seulbi. See! She’s a good friend.” Jihyun said as I picked up my backpack and put it on my back then picked up my dance bag.

We walked down the hill over to the baseball field. Sungyeol was talking to a couple of girls through the fence. I felt my chest start to tighten as we walked closer to them. Sungyeol was not only really smart and athletic, he was also really attractive and nice. All the girls in the school loved him and I knew I couldn’t compete with them. They were all so pretty and then there was plain, boring-looking me.

“Seulbi!” Woohyun noticed me then jogged over to me. “How are you?” He asked when he stopped in front of me.

“I’m pretty good, thanks. How are you?” I asked.

“Pretty good. Kind of tired, but I’m good.” He said then smiled at me.

“What are you smiling at?” I asked him.

“I was just thinking how you look really pretty today.” He said then looked down at his feet with red cheeks.

He always looked cute when he looked like that. I smiled then looked over to find Sungjong. He was walking over to Sungyeol who was still talking to the girls. They then said goodbye to the girls and walked over to Woohyun and I. Sungyeol smiled at me which made my heart feel like it was about to explode.

“Are you ready?” Sungyeol asked and took my dance bag from my hand.

I nodded my and started to follow Sungjong and Sungyeol out of the diamond.

“Sungyeol!” We stopped to see a group of girls I didn’t want to see. I found myself hiding behind Sungyeol from fear.

“Hey Jiyoon.” Sungyeol said to her.

“Don’t hey me. Did you forget? You were suppose to help me with my math homework today.” Jiyoon said looking at him with an upset look on her face.

“Oh yeah. I’m sorry, I totally forgot. I’ll be right there. Hey sorry Sungjong, Seulbi. I’ll be over right when I’m done.” Sungyeol handed my bag back to me and jogged over to Jiyoon. Jiyoon glared at me before turning around to walk back to the school.

How about I walk home with you guys today? It’s been awhile since we walked together.” Woohyun said and took my bag out of my hand.

“Sure, I guess. It has been a long time.” Sungjong answered.

“Do you want to come Jihyun?” I asked.

“Sorry. I have to work on a project with Dongwoo, Hoya, and Gayoon tonight.” She answered.

“It’s fine. Have fun.” I said and waved goodbye to them as they walked over to Dongwoo’s car.

Sungjong, Woohyun, and I made our way up to our house. It wasn’t too far from the school so Sungjong and I walk everyday to and from school. Woohyun and Jihyun don’t live too far from us though. Sungjong and Woohyun talked about baseball the entire way home. When we finally got home, Woohyun handed me my bag then Sungjong and I started to go into the house.

“Hey Seulbi!” Woohyun said before I got inside.

“Yeah?” I turned around to face him.

“Could I...talk to you for a minute?” He asked.

I handed my bag and backpack to Sungjong then closed the door. I walked back over to Woohyun and waited for him to speak.

“What is it?” I asked.

“I like you! I know you know, but I want to tell you. Seulbi, I really like you. I’ve liked you for a long time. I know you like Sungyeol, but I can make you happier than he could ever make you. I know you better than he does. And I want to be with you.” Woohyun explained really fast that it was almost hard to understand him. “Will you go out with me?”

He was really nervous, because when he gets nervous he talks really fast and his face turns really red. I always that he was cute when he did that. I knew he liked me, and everything he said was true. To also add to that list was that I never had a chance with Sungyeol. With all those girls around him, he probably already had a girlfriend.

“Alright.” I said.

“Alright what?” Woohyun asked confused.

“I’ll go out with you.” I said.

“Really?!” Woohyun smiled and looked like he was about to explode from too much happiness.

I nodded my head and he then hugged me.

“I’m so happy! Thank you Seulbi!” He said.

Was I doing the right thing? Did I make the right decision?

 

______________________________________________________________________

Sungyeol’s Point of View-

I was so mad. All jiyoon wanted was to try and make out with me. She didn’t even have any homework. That had been happening a lot and it was starting to piss me off. Girls were always trying to get in my pant and have . Is that all girls think about? ? It was pissing me off. There was only one girl that I would allow that.

“Can I talk to you?” I looked up to hear someone talking.

I looked around but didn’t see anyone. I then saw two people outside a house. That was Sungjong and Seulbi’s house. I tried to get closer to listen to what they were talking about. I could see that it was Woohyun and Seulbi. Did Woohyun walk home with them? I couldn’t really hear them though.

“Seulbi, I like you.” I heard that clearly though. “Will you go out with me?” Woohyun asked her.

I felt my heart pound as I waited for her to answer. I always thought she liked me, so I knew she would reject him.

“Alright. I’ll go out with you.” She answered after a short pause.

“Really?!” Woohyun seemed really excited.

I felt my heart break. The one girl I loved was now taken. I started to feel angry and upset. He now had an advantage and it was unfair. I would not let him take her away from me so easily. Seulbi and Woohyun hugged before saying goodbye to each other. Seulbi went inside and Woohyun started walking in my direction. He stopped when he saw me.

“You are one evil bastard.” I said glaring at him.

“What do you mean?” He looked at me like he was innocent.

“I tell you I like Seulbi and you go and do this to me?” I asked angry.

“All part of the game. I like her too, and I never said I wouldn’t approach her. I approached her first now I have an advantage.” He said.

“You did this on purpose. You told Jiyoon to take me away so you could get to Seulbi before me.”

“There are no rules. Now did you hear? We got another player in the game now.” Woohyun said.

“So now there are 5 of us?” I asked.

“Yep, and whoever she says she loves first wins.” Woohyun smirked then walked away.

I looked over at the house and sighed. We are going to have to change the goal of the game now. I called out to Woohyun.

“Change in the goal. First one to sleep with her wins.” I said.

“I’m okay with that. She seems like the type of person to only have with the one she loves. Alright, I’ll tell the others. Have fun at dinner.” With that Woohyun continued to walk away.

This gave me more will power. There was absolutely no way in hell I would allow another man to touch her. I will win this game so those bastards leave her alone. Woohyun was the one to start the game along with another guy called Jonghyun. They both fought over Seulbi and decided to start a game to get her. Winner gets to keep loving her when the losers have to give up. It’s stupid but I wanted to protect her.

A/N-

Sup everyone! I decided to start my own story! I will write this when I can, but I'm also a co-author for another story. Please check out It Only Goes On From Here http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1000144/it-only-goes-on-from-here-mpreg-exo-hunhan-taoris-baekyeol-kaisoo-sulay. It is an amazing story! The author is currently gone with a concussion and I’ve been writing it for her. I really like (not just because I’m writing it). Please comment, subscribe, and upvote! I will see you in the next update!

#TaoRis4Life2