광화문에서

At Gwanghwamun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

How was your day? There's still a little bit of summer left

For some reason, I had a tiring day

When the leaves changed color on the side of the road of Gwanghwamun

That was when I finally lifted my head

 

"Happy birthday, Yoongie~" 

 

A month has passed since she left, but her smile and laughter still lingers. Jiyong stared at her photo and kissed it. 

 

He arranged the five cupcakes which spells her name and started singing. "Saengil Chukhahamnida~ Saengil Chukhahamnida~ Saranghaneun Im Yoona~ Saengil Chukhahamnida~"

 

"I wish you happiness and eternal love. I know you're at a good place now." Jiyong blew the candles and smiled. "I miss you so much."

 

The silence around him brought him comfort and pain at the same time. His heart aches everytime. Everything reminded him of her. 

 

With one last sigh, he finally stood up. "I'll visit you again."

 

"I'll always be with you."

 

"Saranghae.."

 

We used to shine so bright together

But now we are strangers

In your arms, the world was mine

Goodbye to those childish days

 

"Hana dul set!" 

 

"Kamsahamnida!" The group of girls squealed as they got their photo.

 

"Ne~" The photographer smiled and bowed. 

 

Kwon Jiyong, a photographer at Gwanghwamun by day and a barista by night. He lives alone, eats alone and sleeps alone. He just went to Seoul to find his luck of getting a job to support his little sister's education in the countryside. Luckily, he's a talented one at taking great shots so the tourism head of Gwanghwamun immediately hired him. He's also a barista at a high end bar in Gangnam - thanks to his friend.

 

"Yah! We should take a pic! It's seldom that we get together as a whole!" A tall girl with short hair whined.

 

"I doubt it's your first time here, Choi Sooyoung." 

 

"Yeah. I know but my point is-- yah! Im Yoona!" Sooyoung shouted. The skinny girl with pretty doe eyes walked off and started exploring by herself.

 

Im Yoona, a girl from a rich family but she's just a simple woman. She grew up in America and it's her first time visiting Gwanghwamun. She's mostly fascinated with history so this is why she likes visiting historical sites like this.

 

Jiyong was busy taking random shots at the site. When he finished, he checked his shots and noticed a girl who looked like a wandering child. He zoomed in the photo and was surprised to see a very beautiful woman. He looked around to look for her but she's out of sight. When he turned around, he got head to head with someone.

 

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry!" The girl exclaimed and kept on bowing. When she looked up, Jiyong froze and stared at her.

 

Yoona blinked. "Waeyo? Gwenchanayo?"

 

"Ah.. y-yeah. I'm sorry too. I should be more careful." 

 

"Omo yah! Here is the photographer! Can you please take a photo of us--" Sooyoung squinted her eyes and read his nametag. "Jiyong-ssi?"

 

"Sure~"

 

The girls posed and showcased their beautiful smiles. "Hana dul set!" Since Jiyong was inspired today, he took three group shots and he gave a stolen shot to Yoona. 

 

"Um.." Jiyong scratched his head and suddenly felt shy. "I couldn't help it. You look good and it looks like you're a first timer here--"

 

Yoona laughed. "It's true. I lived in the US ever since. Thank you for this! What should I get you as a thank you gift?"

 

Jiyong thought hard and grinned when he found an answer. "Give me your number."

 

Yoona didn't hesitate at all. She gave it to him and he was more than happy when they started contacting each other. It was awkward at first but eventually, they started getting comfortable. They haven't met after that day yet. They just continuously texted each other for the past month. Jiyong was already attracted to her from the moment he saw her. They got closer day by day and when Jiyong found the courage, he asked her out.

 

I don't know if living in this world

Is just about always looking for another person

As I came to this street, filled with the aroma of coffee

That was when I finally smiled.

 

From: Jiyongie~

I'll wait for you at Gwanghwamun Square. Take care. :)

 

Jiyong was the first one to arrive. He bought three white roses and just simply used a special paper to make a bouquet. This was all he can afford since he already sent his earnings to his sister. 

 

From: Yoongie~

Hey, oppa! Sorry. I just read your message. I'm here at Seoul Cafe now. Could you just come here?

 

Jiyong rushed to the said cafe and when he saw her sitting by the window, he smiled. How could someone be that beautiful yet kind-hearted at the same time? She isn't the rich spoiled brat type and he felt happy for that. As he entered the cafe, Yoona lifted her head up and their eyes met. Jiyong's heart was beating fast and Yoona gave a grin. He sat down in front of her and gave the roses with an embarassed face.

 

"Hey, sorry. I wasn't able to buy a bouquet since I sent my earnings to my sister already.." Jiyong bit his lip and gave his present to Yoona. "But, I hope you like it."

 

"These are pretty! Aw. It doesn't matter~ I love it, in fact." Yoona smiled sweetly. "Thank you, Jiyongie oppa~"

 

Jiyong's face brightened up when he heard oppa. This is actually the first time he's hearing it. "Really? Thanks, Yoongie~" He heaved a sigh of relief.

 

"So.. my treat today! Let's eat!"

 

"Hey, no.. I'm the guy I should be the one treating you!"

 

"Huh? Nah. It's my way of thanks for the flowers. Besides, you said you just said that you gave your earnings to your sister."

 

Jiyong felt embarassed and shy and Yoona was quick to notice it. She immediately held his hand which was resting on the table. "Oppa, sorry I didn't mean to.."

 

"No, it's fine." Jiyong smiled and squeezed her hand. "I know what you mean. So-- your treat? I'll have americano." Jiyong laughed to ease Yoona. 

 

"That's all?" Yoona asked and Jiyong nodded with a smile.

 

The day went on and Jiyong gave Yoona a tour around Gwanghwamun. Jiyong was actually on duty that day so Yoona tagged along as he took pictures around the place. Jiyong's duty ended in the afternoon and they bought ice cream then sat on a bench.

 

"How old is your sister, by the way?"

 

"She's eight years old." Jiyong smiled and continued to eat his ice cream. Yoona found it amusing so she took out her phone and took a picture of him.

 

"Yah!"

 

"You look cute here, though." Yoona giggled and Jiyong pouted. "Tada!" Yoona showed her phone to Jiyong. She set his photo as her wallpaper. Jiyong's pout slowly turned into a smirk. "Aw, you're liking it!" Yoona exclaimed and laughed.

 

Jiyong took out his phone too and captured a stolen shot of Yoona while laughing. He grinned and set it as his wallpaper too. "Alligator."

 

"Y-yah.." Yoona blushed. 

 

They continued to laugh together at the park. It's already 5pm by that time so Jiyong offered to send her home.

 

"Hm. I don't want to go yet." Yoona pouted.

 

"But it's late. I have work at night too." Jiyong chuckled at her cuteness.

 

Yoona suddenly grinned and looked at him. "What?"

 

"Why don't I just go with you to work and watch?"

 

"Mwo? Are you sure? I always go home by past midnight and it's late--"

 

"That's totally fine! I'll ask Yuri to come with me!"

 

"Your parents might get mad and hunt for me."

 

Yoona snorted. "They told me that I should get home as long as I'm accompanie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter