Chapter 5

Chemistry

Chapter 5:

Eric stood up fast, phone on his ear, and strode out of the kitchen. Hyesung remained seated, gazing at the door, and held the burning hand. It hadn’t been a kiss but he wished that Eric would have come back. He wished that the guy would lie to whoever was in the phone, and would come to him instead, but after minutes of waiting he accepted the fact that Eric was gone.

Hyesung wrapped the band-aid around his palm, bit it cut and closed it with a pin. He glanced at the hanky on the table, grabbed it and discarded it to the trashcan that was beside the doorway and exited the room like he had not even been there.

Hyesung approached the main room, hearing kids giggling and running, and exhaled exasperated, as one of them ran to him and hugged him. She was a pain in the – yes, it was a kid, but who cares? – and her parents deserved some taekwondo on their butts, and everyone in this damn company hated them. But because they were filthy rich – half of what they gave to this kindergarten went to the employees’ salary – Hyesung and the others had to kiss their mother ing asses.

“Uncle Pilkyo!” the girl squealed. “Help me! Bungjae wants to kiss me!” she nibbled the fabric of the expensive jeans and jumped.

Hyesung heaved a long sigh, lifted the tiny girl to his arms, and walked towards the playground. The boys were waiting behind the door, and attacked the beautiful man as soon as he entered and called them. The look on Hyesung’s face became shocked and pissed when he was pushed to the ground and the boys were “playing” with him.

“Bungjae oppa!” the girl screamed, her pigtails bouncing as she was trying to get away from the eager boy.

Hyesung caught one of the tiny boys and jailed him between his long arms, and then sprang behind the one who wanted the kiss the precious girl. The other kids stopped focusing on their toys and turned their heads at the show, when Hyesung stomped his foot loudly, a tiny toddler hanging from his arm, and yelled, “You will all go to penalty!”

The kids gasped.

 “You, you and you,” he pointed at the girl too. “Go sit in the corner.” The toddlers plodded towards the area, all sobbing, and once they were back at the teacher, he slouched down to the armchair and exhaled. “Holy …this is tiring…” he muttered.

A shadow appeared beside the pretty guy and made him turn his head. It was Eric; in full glory, phone deep inside the pocket. He was done with his phone call and the look on his face was distraught.

“What did you do?” He asked.

“I gave them a penalty.” Hyesung replied. “They deserved it.”

Eric stared at the younger man’s face intensely, before he cleared his throat and walked away from him. Hyesung followed him with his eyes and saw him sitting down to the floor and taking one of the kids in his embrace.

Hyesung hated kids…but for some reason…his heart skipped a beat when the handsome man the little boy’s hair and helped him to draw. Hyesung stared at them, feeling his body heating up, when Eric shifted his gaze at him and grinned.

The slender man stood up, ready to advance the guy, when someone ran past him to Eric and smooched him passionately. It was Minwoo.

                ***

 

Chilhyun hugged the dog and stared at the television screen. Hyesung was still working, and Andy and Junjin were on a vacation today – together or separately, no one knew, but the café wasn’t open. The adorable baby dog kept the sad, salty face. Chilhyun had cried for hours since Hyesung had left, thinking that maybe after work Hyesung will meet that guy he texted with.

If Hyesung was unhappy, why didn’t he tell Chilhyun?

Honestly, Chilhyun had never noticed a single unhappy look on his husband’s face, so finding out that he was cheating on him felt really, really unbelievable. If he had ever thought that Hyesung would cheat on him, he wouldn’t have expected it to be a hyung…

“Venus ah…” He the puppy, which didn’t understand. “I am overreacting right…?” he questioned, cuddling closer to the very pretty dog, which still didn’t understand. “I am just overreacting because I love Pilkyo too much…right?”

Venus barked and Chilhyun figured that was a yes – he was overreacting because he was so much in love with the man. He was always overreacting. That’s what Hyesung had said the day they had met – he always tends to overreact. Chilhyun smiled at the dog and sat up, when suddenly the doorbell rang and the three dogs hurried to the door and barked loudly.

“Yes?” Chilhyun answered the impatient call and flashed an adorably happy grin. “Jihoon-sshi!”

 

                ***

 

Hyesung marched out of the room as soon as the small, y phenomenon had appeared to the room and eaten the face of their teacher. The kids had just continued playing – if some parents had known what was going on in the kindergarten, there wouldn’t have been kids right now – talking and laughing loudly, while Eric’s hands went into the shirt.

“Hyung…” Minwoo shuddered. “There are kids here…” he blushed, holding the hands in his.

“So…?” Eric panted.

“We can’t do it here…” Minwoo bit his bottom lip, playfully poking the chest of the older man. “Maybe we could go somewhere private...? You can ask that tall guy to take care of the kids.” He smirked, biting the lip of Eric.

Eric nodded fast, lifted Minwoo to his arms and strode out of the room. Hyesung was leaning to the wall on the other side, startling when the two abruptly walked out and Eric shouted, “Pilkyo ya, you will be in charge of the kids!”

Hyesung watched them, well, Eric, walk away, heart thudding promptly, as he gritted his teeth and punched the wall. , he hated that guy so ing much!