Him

Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Him

 

 

"So what's he like?" If Yixing was a website that would probably be on top of his frequently asked questions tab.

His family and friends keep asking about him, that guy that caught Yixing's attention and heart, apparently. However, he can never go beyond: "He's really tall and handsome. He's smart too, I think."

His excuse is that they've only been dating for a month and he wasn't really planning on telling anyone until they've been together for a few months or so.

Just to be safe, he argues.

But time and time again he asks himself why he's best friends with Lu Han; the guy with the biggest mouth in the office.

Right after Yixing tells him that he can't hang out with them that night because he's going out; Lu Han already knew something was going on. And Yixing, being the weak-to-puppy-dog-eyes kind, gave up and told him that he's seeing someone. The rumor ran around the office faster than The Flash could probably get from one end of a basketball court to the other. And soon everyone is wondering just who this guy is.

See, Yixing is the quiet type. He doesn't go out much and the rare times that he does go to the club with Lu Han and their friends from college, he would just sit there and watch as his band of brothers get obliterated by the ever powerful alcohol. So they just can't stop asking him about this man, who they think is quite lucky to have caught Yixing's attention.

Yixing has to go to work every day and suffer from his colleagues’ incessant questioning. He didn't know being in a relationship was going to be this hard.

 

 

On the other hand, Yifan is not faring well either.

Like Yixing, he gets the same question every single day from his mother down to the intern who brings him his mails every morning.

But unlike Yixing, he doesn't answer. Well, he doesn't answer their questions.

"Why do you care so much about the person I'm dating?" His own best friend Chanyeol, whose role in his life he questions every single day, is asking him again about the guy.

"Because, I think you told me last time you're not gonna date anyone anymore. So I'm just wondering what's so special about this guy."

"You wouldn't understand." He answers between gritted teeth as he fixes the canvas on the easel, getting ready to paint again.

Chanyeol looks around and sees the many canvases lined up on the wall and they're all new paintings. Yifan is inspired, he concludes, and as long as his best friend is happy then so is he.

The younger leaves with a see you later and Yifan releases a sigh of relief before massaging his temples. He straightens up afterwards thinking of his date that night instead of the constant questions being thrown at him.

 

 

*****

 

 

"You know, you should just let us meet him. That way we'll see what's so great about this guy." Lu Han mentions with a mouthful of bibimbap in his mouth.

"Table manners, Lu." Yixing says with a disgusted look as his best friend scoops in another spoonful into his mouth without even swallowing what he was chewing a second ago.

"Besides, we're not on that stage yet. We're still getting to know each other." Lu Han rolls his eyes before he's smiling again, spotting Jongin coming in from the entrance.

"Sorry, I'm late. I swear my boss hates me." Lu Han pats his head then his shoulder before feeding him a spoonful of his own bibimbap while Jongin mixes his.

"There, there, baby. He's just jealous cause you're handsome and you have this beautiful mane while he's balding in his seat." Jongin flashes him a smile before feeding Lu Han a spoonful from his bowl.

Yixing doesn't know if he wants to gag or coo at the couple seating across him. And he wonders if he and Yifan will come to that point as well. He shakes his head and focuses on his lunch because that's still so far in the future.

 

 

"When will I meet him?" Yifan probably has a permanent scowl on his face by now because his mother always asks him the same question.

How did she even know? He wonders as he walks to the nearby restaurant to have his own lunch.

"Mom. It's not like we're getting married already. The right time will come, okay?"

"Well if you ask me, the right time is now." Yifan shakes his head and pushes the door to get in before answering her.

"It's not that easy for us to just fly out to Canada, me maybe but him no." He reasons out with his mother who will always find a way for him to say yes.

"Should I go there then?"

"Mom." Yifan whines and before she can even add anything he tells her he'll have his lunch before ending the call.

"Hyung?" Yifan turned around to see a tanned boy walking towards him.

"Oh Jongin, did you have lunch already?"

"Yeah, I did. I was with my boyfriend and his best friend but they left already." The younger elaborates and rubs his belly for show.

"Oh, I see."

"When is your next exhibit?" Yifan was glad the younger changed the topic already because he was afraid that the younger, like their other friends, will ask him about who he's dating as well.

"Next next month. I'll be sure to send you an invite." He quickly answered.

"Awesome! See you around, hyung!" Jongin leaves the restaurant and Yifan lets out a breath he didn't even know he was holding.

 

 

*****

 

 

"These are beautiful." Yifan feels a swell of pride in his chest when he heard Yixing's beautiful voice say those words.

Beautiful voice, definitely.

The younger closely inspects the paintings that Yifan just finished and are leaning against the wall to dry. He observes that compared to Yifan's previous paintings these ones have lighter tones and have a bright aura radiating from them. Not that the painter's previous works were dull and not to Yixing's liking; they do have their own charm and meaning that the younger appreciates and understands.

"Which one do you like best?" Yifan's deep voice snaps him out of his daze while he was looking at a painting depicting the silhouette of a man leaning against a tree on top of a hill. It looked like it was alive and moving; that the leaves were being swayed by the breeze and the man's clothes were dancing because of the wind. He turns around at the painter's question and gives him a shy smile. Yifan's throat goes dry.

"Well, I can't really say I have a favorite because they're all really beautiful, totally different from your previous works." Yifan nods and scratches his nape; all shy after receiving the same compliment from the dimpled man.

"Should we go for dinner, then?" The painter asks after a few moments of silence and Yixing nods. He was supposed to pick the younger up from work but he was surprised when his secretary told him someone was there to see him, someone named Zhang Yixing. The younger said he came out from work early so he decided to just go to Yifan's studio instead of waiting for him.

Yifan didn’t miss the look his secretary gave him when he escorted Yixing to his studio.

It was just an excuse. Lu Han was insisting to wait with Yixing just so he can see the guy but he dodged it and said he'd have to go home first. And since the boys are having dinner at Kyungsoo's restaurant which was in Gangnam, Lu Han decided he didn't want to travel to Hapjeong then to Gangnam just to see this man.

Yixing breathed a sigh of relief and waited for Lu Han to disappear before walking to the other line of the train that will take him to Hongdae.

Sneaky.

 

 

*****

 

 

Yixing noticed that Yifan's face is scrunched up in an unattractive manner but he still finds it adorable.

"What's the matter?" He asks in concern when the painter huffs before pocketing his cellphone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter